Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH at PC for best two of three : If it wasn't for disappointments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH at PC for best two of three : If it wasn't for disappointments...

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    Jon, that's been my philosophy with UNH for 40 years. The less you expect the less you will be disappointed.
    You have me beat by 17 years. But excepting the Bruins in 2011, hockey is a cruel mistress...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      What I'm learning from this thread is regardless of where you are in the college hockey universe, hockey is a vengeful **** goddess of hate that seeks only to sap our enthusiasm and/or sanity. Good to know.
      But what did we ever do to her
      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

She's probably offended by the noise the zambonis make. Sigh.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Are PC's students on break? Should I buy my tickets for Friday night in advance?
          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

What I'm learning from this thread is regardless of where you are in the college hockey universe, hockey is a vengeful **** goddess of hate that seeks only to sap our enthusiasm and/or sanity. Good to know.
            Well, it probably has something to do with having 3 periods in a game.
            We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
            ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
            --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

The Abbey and the Holy Grail are favorites for me. Always enjoy stopping at both. Epping is on the way to Durham from Nashua so it works out well.
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                Hope NESN knows enough to send their trucks to PROVIDENCE not DURHAM
                Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                The Abbey and the Holy Grail are favorites for me. Always enjoy stopping at both. Epping is on the way to Durham from Nashua so it works out well.
                Are you driving the NESN truck?
                Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2

Women's Hockey
                EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                  Are PC's students on break? Should I buy my tickets for Friday night in advance?
                  No, PC's spring break was last week, students returned on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by jml42691 View Post
                    No, PC's spring break was last week, students returned on Monday.
                    they also open up the rink to the capacity of 3030 , so you can buy your tickets there .

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                      they also open up the rink to the capacity of 3030 , so you can buy your tickets there .
                      I wouldn't bank on buying them there...when I bought mine yesterday they said that Wednesday was slow, but Monday and Tuesday they could barely keep up. When you subtract 600 student tickets, there are only 2400 up for grabs. Definitely better off buying in advance, especially since they have a limited box office at the Rink and you could be in line a while if there are tickets available.

Comment

The Holy Grail is great....IMHO the Diocese of Manchester was petty not to allow the one in Dover to open.
                        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                          Are you driving the NESN truck?
                          If I was, I'd stop in Epping and barter the equipment for brew and never make it to the game.
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

... I wouldn't have any appointments. (what song/band is that from?)

We have a team that was supposed to win Hockey East against their blood rivals, but managed one point.
                            Against a team that was a win away from taking Hockey East but for the worst power play performance in human history.

Rather hoping the Friars rally and give Gillies some support as I don't trust the SMT's to stay dead, even with a "Fire Umile" thread making an appearance.
                            "fire Umile" thread- Some people just don't understand! UNH isn't going to fire Coach Umile. Dick Umile bleeds blue and white. I was there at UNH when he played. He was a tenacious forward with lots of grit. The coach has given many years of service to this university. There are many reasons why a program never seems to satisfy its' fans. Lack of national championships, failure to win the HE tournament, inability to fill all the seats, style of play and the inability to recruit the top level player which
                            Boston College, for example, is able to recruit.

When Brian McCloskey(sp.) was the main recruiter UNH continued to land highly talented recruits. The team also seemed to
                            have the players of grit who would give the extra effort. The results of the second half of this season is an old theme. Maybe
                            it is the break at Christmas time which doesn't help team rhythm. Maybe it is the lack of focus and players reading news
                            clipings and following ratings and rankings.

Simply the current team isn't playing up to the potential it showed in the first have of the season. It's time for the captain's to rally the troops to step up their game. A poor showing in Providence will either doom them for non-selection to the NCAA
                            tournament or gurantee an early exit from the regionals in Manchester.

Can a coach change the lines, switch the goalie or have his team adjust to the other team's style of play? Of course he can.
                            Now let's stop this foolishness about firing coach Umile. Get behind your team and cheer hard and hope it makes a difference.

I am a UNH alum 71' and proud of it. Go Cats. "Negativity is never a solution."

Comment

If I was, I'd stop in Epping and barter the equipment for brew and never make it to the game.
                              Maybe that's why they took off most of the first period of the PC/BC game a few weeks ago.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Whats the parking situation like? Been to several women's games down there, the one time I went to a men's game I was running late and ended up parking in someone's yard with what appeared to be half of Providence (I was lucky not to get towed; guess they couldn't get us all, right?).
                                Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
                                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                                X