PDA

View Full Version : Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Chuck Murray
03-15-2013, 08:33 PM
You know what will happen if (or when) Umile gets canned... he will win the NCAA championship with another team in his first or second year.

Holy cow, are you serious?? :eek: What D-1 school is going to hire a 65 yr. old coach to lead them to the promised land, when said same coach has just spent the last 23 yrs. trying (and failing) to do that at his alma mater?? I'm sure BU has him right at the top of their list to replace Coach Parker as we speak ... :rolleyes:

sonar
03-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Remove a constant from a statistical formula and the the results change. Not exactly higher order math ......

jjmc85
03-15-2013, 09:29 PM
I would take him as a coach.

Happy Husky
03-15-2013, 09:36 PM

ditto

Chuck Murray
03-16-2013, 09:00 AM

The last time UMass-Amherst courted Coach Umile (at least publicly?) was back when UNH was still a rising program, Coach Umile was in his late 40's/early 50's, and those events set in motion the chain of events that saw UNH upgrade his pay, which culminated eventually with the purported "lifetime contract".

I don't see a relocation to another program being part of Coach Umile's exit strategy from D-1 hockey - even if he is "pushed". As others have already mentioned, for better or worse, I think he is ours until he decides he's done. Likewise, I doubt Coach Parker is going to be eyeing any vacant HE jobs anytime soon ...

Jellsville USA
03-17-2013, 06:41 AM
I have been a season ticket holder since the Whit opened, and have seen significant regression in UNH's recruiting ability and talent development. These areas are clearly the coach's responsibility. The Olympic size ice gives them such an incredible home ice advantage, that a monkey behind the bench could have a significant home winning record each year!!! Umile's time should be over now, or else this program will continue to disappoint us :-( It has been 10 years since they made it to a frozen four- enough is enough!!

GoUNH
03-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Serious question here... Do you think their NCAA violations have anything to do with the recent talent pool? I believe part of their self imposed sanctions were that they could not commit any of the kids that had recieved the inadvertant emails?

roma
03-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Greg Cronin; Former of NU, now Toronto in the NHL, considers Umile a great coach, but what does he know?

sonar
03-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Serious question here... Do you think their NCAA violations have anything to do with the recent talent pool? I believe part of their self imposed sanctions were that they could not commit any of the kids that had recieved the inadvertant emails?

no

GoUNH
03-17-2013, 01:35 PM
no
Well that clears it up. Thanks. I think.

Jon
03-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Will this thread still be up if UNH wins tonight? Curious...

scoreboard
03-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Will this thread still be up if UNH wins tonight? Curious...

Of course it will be. It is an annual tradition.

mookie1995
03-17-2013, 06:17 PM
WHY DIDN'T HE USE HIS TIMEOUT!?!?!?!?! :mad:

:p

unh1982
03-17-2013, 06:27 PM
prevoius thread mentioned umile was 0-99 in must win games .... well its now official 0-100.

scoreboard
03-17-2013, 06:29 PM
WHY DIDN'T HE USE HIS TIMEOUT!?!?!?!?! :mad:

:p
Why bother? Umile doesn't even talk to the players during a timeout.

Carmine Scarpaglia
03-17-2013, 06:31 PM
If anyone is wondering if this was a choke or not, I'm prepared to make a ruling. UNH was the lower seed in this series but the higher PWR team so... It's another Umile choke.

unh1982
03-17-2013, 06:35 PM
if anyone is wondering if this was a choke or not, i'm prepared to make a ruling. Unh was the lower seed in this series but the higher pwr team so... It's another umile choke.

lmao

sonar
03-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Of course it will be. It is an annual tradition.

....and very well earned .... even earned beyond any doubt .... cannot even be erased by the apologists.

huesie
03-17-2013, 07:02 PM
....and very well earned .... even earned beyond any doubt .... cannot even be erased by the apologists.

Congratulations to dick umile for keeping a perfect record of never winning anything when the pressure is on. We can all look forward to the one and done's in Manchester if they don't fall too fair in pair wise Thanks for your great record Dick! Do you even know the players names? You seldom seem to even talk to them? What's up with that. I believe you have no idea on how to relate and motivate.

Please do all UNH fans a favor and retire and take that stiff Marty $$ with you.

Another year of ground hockey with the same script repeating itself over and over again.

Thanks for the memories, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

unh1982
03-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Congratulations to dick umile for keeping a perfect record of never winning anything when the pressure is on. We can all look forward to the one and done's in Manchester if they don't fall too fair in pair wise Thanks for your great record Dick! Do you even know the players names? You seldom seem to even talk to them? What's up with that. I believe you have no idea on how to relate and motivate.

Please do all UNH fans a favor and retire and take that stiff Marty $$ with you.

Another year of ground hockey with the same script repeating itself over and over again.

Thanks for the memories, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

your forgeting something , most of the time they back there way into the ncaa's. ..