Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season (Part Two)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season (Part Two)

While I was delighted to see UC advance, that game -while exciting- was in many ways a tragedy.

I've commented many times on The Aud's poor ice, but tonight, it was the worst I've ever seen. It had to have been 80 or better in there tonight, and it showed. There was standing water in the corners and a thin layer of slush throughout. The puck was either mired in the slush or bouncing around like a pinball all night long. Neither players nor refs could negotiate a hard turn, and both groups lost edges and flopped like pee-wee skaters. ( Educate, maybe the best Utica skater I've seen, fell at least three times alone.) The conditions negated several otherwise stellar opportunities for both teams. In summary, effort and skill were not rewarded as they should have been... And the guys deserved better.

Even playing in the slush, I could see that Bowdoin is a fast and talented team. They played a very clean game, and their coaching was innovative. Congratulations to them on having an exceptional season.

UC somehow just gutted this one out. Nicky was my first and second star; the 2nd BC goal was a bit soft, but he went on to make four astonishing saves, including two on a bad-change 2-0 where he gave up a tantalizing rebound. He's this year's MVP, no doubt in my mind. I think we UC fans have taken him for granted a bit.

Just on the basis of tonight's Western game, seems that Utica would prefer Eu Claire in Placid, and that's what they got. I'm almost certainly going to have to work... I wonder if TWC Sports will pick up the feed for Greater Utica? (Yes, an oxymoron, thanks.)

Re: Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season (Part Two)

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    I wonder if TWC Sports will pick up the feed for Greater Utica? (Yes, an oxymoron, thanks.)
    The games will not be broadcast on TV anywhere. The only way to watch it is via webstream at ncaa.com.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
      The games will not be broadcast on TV anywhere. The only way to watch it is via webstream at ncaa.com.
      I guess D3 is regressing. In years past the games were televised on what is now CBSSPORTS network.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        I guess D3 is regressing. In years past the games were televised on what is now CBSSPORTS network.
        It's unfortunate. The last two years the games have been online only.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
          It's unfortunate. The last two years the games have been online only.
          Were the games in Minnesota on TV? I thought those were just streamed online too?
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

This young man has had a very trying rookie season, what with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well... I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle. Number six, Ogie Oglethorpe.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Were the games in Minnesota on TV? I thought those were just streamed online too?
              Just ncaa.com

I would assume that a progressive cable company could pay the NCAA a fee in exchange for allowing the NCAA stream to be transmitted on one of their vacant channels. I'm sure trans-video wouldn't do that - I can remember that during the last couple of winter Olympics they carried CNBC's alternate programming instead of the hockey telecasts to avoid rights fees. (I think George relented the last week)
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

They were online only. That's why I said the last two years. Last year in LP and the year before in Minn were online only. The 2010 final in LP was aired live on what is now CBS College Sports (I think it used to be College Sports TV or something like that)

Comment

NCAA regs are clear - if Turner, which holds the rights, elects to produce the streams for NCAA.com, there can be no secondary rights awarded. Back in the day when it was College Sports Network, they streamed and had a channel - when Oswego won in Wisc, that was the case. Since then they have been online only.

Edit: Correct '99 - that was the last time they aired on a "cable channel" live or delayed...
                  Last edited by LakerEagleLover; 03-10-2013, 04:33 PM.
                  LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

CBS has the rights for bouncy ball and ESPN has the rights for everything else.
                    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                      CBS has the rights for bouncy ball and ESPN has the rights for everything else.
                      ...and Turner has the rights for whatever the first two pass on...Turner was the rights holder that you applied for permission...
                      LakerEagleLover

Comment

As I remember, the games at Wisc Superior in 2007? were televised on CBSsports; since then I think not.
                        from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
                          As I remember, the games at Wisc Superior in 2007? were televised on CBSsports; since then I think not.
                          College Sports Network, an independent cable channel that operated 250 college websites and was trying to leverage those relationships into tv rights for all sports not covered back then by the other networks, was sold to CBS in 2006. They rebranded the net CBS College Sports Network...then changed to CBS Sports... You can see the old CSN logo in the Oswego Championship highlights that are still posted on YouTube.
                          LakerEagleLover

Comment

More details are to come, however a loyal UC fan with connections has offered us the following hypothetical situation.

We would like to have a bus trip to the game on Friday night at Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid. Depending on the amount of interest for this will determine the amount of buses we would be taking to Lake Placid.

We plan on taking school buses there. If the buses hold 40 adults, at $800 a bus (estimation) we believe the cost would be $20.00 a person. (Again, another estimation)

Bus would leave from The AUD parking lot at 1:30pm.

If the prices would be as provided, would anyone be interested in doing this?

If you are interested, please go the following Facebook page and "Like" the trip interest status.

https://www.facebook.com/UCPioneerPosse

I believe we will have enough interest for at least one bus for the Friday game, however we need to act fast on this.
                            Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                            Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                            Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                            2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                            2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

I watched via stream because I was unfortunately out of town. I didn't see any NCAA logos on boards in the corners or the ice. Are they getting lax in their requirements?

Comment

Working...
                              X