Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA @ SCSU: Well Look What We Have Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA @ SCSU: Well Look What We Have Here....

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    6-1, 7-0 St Cloud Sweeps

FIRE DAVE SHYIAK!!!
    You think UAA is going to score a goal? Ballsy prediction.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      You think UAA is going to score a goal? Ballsy prediction.
      A gift of friendship for the last time we will play each other.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Why is this preferential treatment? For the fans, sure it might seem that way. The coaches and players would rather have the early game Friday so they get a few more hours to rest before the championship game.
        Check page 2 of the thread, slappy. I said I was kidding.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygote View Post
          From what I understand students have to pay to get into this game. Can anyone confirm this? Pretty silly if this is true.
          Yup, it's $12 for EVERYBODY. And as mentioned previously, it's mandated by the NCAA (or WCHA, whoever lol) b/c it's the postseason. Still, students should be happy they're only $12. As an alum, I am more than happy to shell out $12 to see a playoff game there, heck the cheapest regular season ticket is $20 and those were an exhibition match. Otherwise tix against the "lower" league opponents I've seen this year (Mankato/Michigan Tech) were $25 each.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUman66 View Post
            Yup, it's $12 for EVERYBODY. And as mentioned previously, it's mandated by the NCAA (or WCHA, whoever lol) b/c it's the postseason. Still, students should be happy they're only $12. As an alum, I am more than happy to shell out $12 to see a playoff game there, heck the cheapest regular season ticket is $20 and those were an exhibition match. Otherwise tix against the "lower" league opponents I've seen this year (Mankato/Michigan Tech) were $25 each.
            Seems like we have the perfect storm for low student attendance. UAA never draws large crowds, tickets cost money, and, worst of all, it's spring break.

Comment

Not sure why we don't have a season thread this year. I am going to blame Euro since he usually starts the weekly threads.

It was reassuring to me to hear Coach Motzko say last night that the team has been playing nervous the past couple of weekends. I can definitely understand why, given the stakes and history involved. I have been thinking that this team just hasn't looked their best since the series against the U of M. Hopefully, that nervousness was the reason for it and as Coach Motzko said the pressure has been lifted.
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Not sure why we don't have a season thread this year. I am going to blame Euro since he usually starts the weekly threads.

It was reassuring to me to hear Coach Motzko say last night that the team has been playing nervous the past couple of weekends. I can definitely understand why, given the stakes and history involved. I have been thinking that this team just hasn't looked their best since the series against the U of M. Hopefully, that nervousness was the reason for it and as Coach Motzko said the pressure has been lifted.
                I get why they'd be nervous because there has been a lot on the line but it's also concerning because the games don't get any less important here on out. We're on the pairwise bubble so we can't afford a mistep against UAA, the Final 5 will be pressure packed and then of course our dear old friend the NCAA tournament...

The team needs to learn (and quickly) how to deal with those nerves and still perform....
                "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

students can get tickets for $5 with a valid student I.D.

Comment

Originally posted by pelt slammer View Post
                    students can get tickets for $5 with a valid student I.D.
                    sorry. that's for the first 100 students

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      I DID start one. Nobody posts in it
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Re: UAA @ SCSU: Well Look What We Have Here....

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        I DID start one. Nobody posts in it
                        I can't find it. Unless you are talking about the offseason one you started.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Not since last year.
                          How do you figure? Gophers played the Fri evening game last year (blew a big lead vs NoDak).

Comment

Originally posted by SCrodent View Post
                            How do you figure? Gophers played the Fri evening game last year (blew a big lead vs NoDak).
                            They were the #1 seed last year, sport.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Is this the only thread where the #2 Gophers aren't "Janning it up" over the champs?
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                                Is this the only thread where the #2 Gophers aren't "Janning it up" over the champs?
                                They'll be here soon enough I'm sure.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X