Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA @ SCSU: Well Look What We Have Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ SCSU: Well Look What We Have Here....

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Motzko also says the PP units are going to change so I doubt he'd want to sit Ben now if they are going to be working on getting some new units to gel.
    With the change in PP units, will they...you know...move around instead of staying stationary playing catch?
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      With the change in PP units, will they...you know...move around instead of staying stationary playing catch?
      With Motzko, puck movement has been preferred over player movement.
      As long as it works, I don't care what they do.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        Sounds like the SCSU PP could use some "SHOOT IT SIOUUUUUX!!"
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

The games against Wisconsin it was ridiculous how little they moved. If there is a clear path towards the net, why not skate into it and force the defense to move around? Our power play is embarassing.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

And with the skill we have with Drew, Ben (when healthy) Jensen, Dowd Etc... It's kinda puzzling.
            SCSU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
              And with the skill we have with Drew, Ben (when healthy) Jensen, Dowd Etc... It's kinda puzzling.
              Motzko had mentioned them playing nervous for the last month, I'd bet that plays into it.
              Maybe shaking up the units a bit will help them re-focus.
              Hell, Brodz has 19 goals, his 1st PP goal was last Friday.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                Motzko had mentioned them playing nervous for the last month, I'd bet that plays into it.
                Maybe shaking up the units a bit will help them re-focus.
                Hell, Brodz has 19 goals, his 1st PP goal was last Friday.
                That would be the first "adjustment"--Brodzinski on the first PP unit. Aside from putting Taylor Johnson at the point (probably ain't gonna happen), I'm with FTLT--if it works, great. Just a matter of time . . .

Comment

I don't consider our power play working
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    I don't consider our power play working
                    I agree with Euro. When your PP is dipping down around 16%, it ain't working.

Comment

WI is jealous.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Right now it isn't.
                        For most of the conference season they were clicking around 20%.
                        I really think it is just a minor execution tweak and getting these guys to relax and play "on their toes" again and they will be fine.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Right now it isn't.
                          For most of the conference season they were clicking around 20%.
                          I really think it is just a minor execution tweak and getting these guys to relax and play "on their toes" again and they will be fine.
                          Could be. I just feel what they do is super predictable. Their passing has to be spot on or they get picked off.

Comment

Could be. I just feel what they do is super predictable. Their passing has to be spot on or they get picked off.
                            Like I said earlier, that's how Motzko runs it.
                            He prefers puck motion to player motion which is easy to understand since the puck can move faster than players can.
                            Does it require some precision?
                            Of course it does.
                            But it's not like we are lacking in the skill department.
                            I just don't see us blowing up the entire philosophy at this point in the season.
                            Some tweaks will happen sure but if you are looking for wholesale changes, you are probably going to be disappointed.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I know it's not really the style they run, but I always like the idea of having a big body in front of the net for screens, holding defenseman off and getting rebounds. Oliver or Rabey would be perfect for that roll. It's playoff time, lets keep it simple. Get pucks on net, deflections rebounds.. ugly goals are beautiful goals in the playoffs.
                              SCSU!

Comment

That only works if your points can get pucks to the net. We have been iffy at best at doing that. We need to consistantly utilize our wings. They sometimes crowd to close to the side of the net and take away pass options to get the puck low. They need to be more reactive to the way teams kill. If they front our points as well as Wisconsin did then get away from the side of the net and create passing options. We need to get teams to move and chase more. If teams pack it in more and give our points more freedom then attack by rolling with the puck more. Pop a couple and it is amazing how quickly confidence grows. But the time is now to find it before its too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X