No announcement yet.

Utica Pioneers 2013: LETS GO TO PLACID!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utica Pioneers 2013: LETS GO TO PLACID!

New thread. I locked the old one
    Our bite is worse than our bark....
    Top guys, out.

Re: Utica Pioneers 2013: LETS GO TO PLACID!

Utica had them all the way
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Therrien is the only reason UC won. He was outstanding !!! Biggest crowd I've seen this year...loudest also. Winning goal and open netter sparked the loudest ovation I have heard there in "years".
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I think its great that Utica has finally made it this far. This is going to be a great weekend!
        LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Therrien really did come up with some big saves that held Utica in the game when at some points if it hadn't been for Therrien it could of been 3-1 or 4-1 Bowdoin.

They have a lot to improve on this week at practice, we're so close, lets just do it.
          Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
          Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
          Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
          2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
          2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            Therrien is the only reason UC won. He was outstanding !!! Biggest crowd I've seen this year...loudest also. Winning goal and open netter sparked the loudest ovation I have heard there in "years".
            Yes and no. He also looked a little shaky in the 1st, and the second goal probably should have been stopped. He held them in it in the second period with some unbeleivable saves. He's probably the most under rated keeper in DIII. UC cranked it up a notch in the 3rd and was able to get the win. The ice was really bad and I think it hurt the flow of the game for both teams. LOTS of bouncing pucks. As promised, Bowdoin was a very fast team that forced UC's D into a lot of mistakes. #8 is one great player and came close to winning the game for Bowdoin a few times. And your right Shabby, I haven't heard the AUD rock like that in years. They were chanting in the street after the game and honking horns. Fun stuff. On to Lake Placid. Sec 7 for me on Friday, sec 6 Saturday. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennycheck View Post
              Yes and no. He also looked a little shaky in the 1st, and the second goal probably should have been stopped. He held them in it in the second period with some unbeleivable saves. He's probably the most under rated keeper in DIII. UC cranked it up a notch in the 3rd and was able to get the win. The ice was really bad and I think it hurt the flow of the game for both teams. LOTS of bouncing pucks. As promised, Bowdoin was a very fast team that forced UC's D into a lot of mistakes. #8 is one great player and came close to winning the game for Bowdoin a few times. And your right Shabby, I haven't heard the AUD rock like that in years. They were chanting in the street after the game and honking horns. Fun stuff. On to Lake Placid. Sec 7 for me on Friday, sec 6 Saturday. Can't wait.
              Follow the bouncing puck, boys and girls.
              Top guys, out.

Comment

Anyone look into a chartering a fan bus - I have used Wade Tours many years ago at a good price, I'm thinking someone involved in the student association might have some ideas - maybe ORDA too - given the game sold out, seems to me there has to be interest.
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Nice interview with Coach Heenan on WKTV last night.

http://www.wktv.com/sports/UC-Hockey...196792901.html
                  Originally posted by zamboney
                  the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.
                  2010-2011 Last Person Standing champion

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneerfan11 View Post
                    Nice interview with Coach Heenan on WKTV last night.

http://www.wktv.com/sports/UC-Hockey...196792901.html
                    I believe you can use horns and spotlights as long as you do it for BOTH teams...but I could be wrong.

Excellent interview, but one thought - next time you are on tv, coach, how about an upgrade for the T-shirt...even if you haven't been to the big dance before, you can dress like it... (before you jump on my snarky smart a** attitude, which was on purpose...T-shirt for a studio interview? In the arena or the coach's office - no problem... In the studio? Need to be better-you are representing your institution, not just the team) OK - ready-fire-aim!
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                      I believe you can use horns and spotlights as long as you do it for BOTH teams...but I could be wrong.

Excellent interview, but one thought - next time you are on tv, coach, how about an upgrade for the T-shirt...even if you haven't been to the big dance before, you can dress like it... (before you jump on my snarky smart a** attitude, which was on purpose...T-shirt for a studio interview? In the arena or the coach's office - no problem... In the studio? Need to be better-you are representing your institution, not just the team) OK - ready-fire-aim!
                      I think you are correct on the first point. Apparently they chose not to do it for either team. No one in my section seemed to question why they weren't going through the regular pre-game routine... so at least there were some knowledgeable fans there.

At least you point out that the attitude was on purpose! I see your point. He could have come straight from practice, etc. Hopefully it's because he is watching so much tape on Eau Claire that he hasn't been home since Saturday.
                      Originally posted by zamboney
                      the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.
                      2010-2011 Last Person Standing champion

Comment

Utica section is #11, box office number is 518-523-3330
                        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post

I agree. Get a tie and sport coat. Good interview just the same.

Comment

Just got an invite for a UC alumni and friends event before the game if anyone is interested

http://www.utica.edu/instadvance/alu...279E85AA0CC85C

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                              Utica section is #11, box office number is 518-523-3330
                              There is a ton in 8 as well.

Also, I did catch wind of the alumni event today as well... not sure if i'll be in or not, for i have a game to call.
                              Top guys, out.

Comment

Working...
                              X