HE Quarterfinals - #8 Maine @ #1 Lowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HE Quarterfinals - #8 Maine @ #1 Lowell

It's weird typing in #1 Lowell, but I could get used to this. Series is going to be Thursday, Friday, and Sunday (if necessary). There's a boxing match at the Tsongas on Saturday. Maine took the season series 2-1. Not going to lie, this matchup scares me. I would have liked to see Joey Diamond not be Joey Diamond and Maine win the finale against UNH, but oh well. I still think Lowell takes it, but it's going to be a tough series. Thoughts?

Re: HE Quarterfinals - #8 Maine @ #1 Lowell

Too early to think about this right now. Just like the players will probably get some time (a day) to enjoy their work, the fans get a night to celebrate!
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

UML's on a tear right now and as mentioned elsewhere, it should be payback time for them for all the past. It might go 3 games, but I see UML winning the series regardless. Team of destiny. Too bad both teams couldnt end up in the Garden because both are playing well right now, but think this will be your year. If Timmay finds a way to get through you guys, I'd give him his last year on his contract, otherwise we dump the bahstid, or just give him back to you
      Last edited by all bear; 03-10-2013, 07:34 AM.
      sure why not

Comment

I think its possible for Maine to win a game but Lowell wins the series. Timmay saved his job for another year
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I think this series will go 3. Tight games. Toss up at this point.

Comment

I'll throw this stat out there for Lowell fans, three out of the last four teams to beat Maine in the hockey east playoffs have won the national championship.

Is there any chance Leen or Higgins comes back for Maine?
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I'll throw this stat out there for Lowell fans, three out of the last four teams to beat Maine in the hockey east playoffs have won the national championship.

Maine has had its season ended by the eventual national champs in
              2000 (North Dakota - NCAA SF)
              2001 (Boston College - NCAA QF)
              2002 (Minnesota - NCAA NC)
              2004 (Denver - NCAA NC)
              2006 (Wisconsin - NCAA SF)
              2007 (Michigan State - NCAA SF)
              2009 (Boston University - HE QF)
              2010 (Boston College - HE Final)
              In 2012 Maine lost the HE Final to eventual champion BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                As far as Leen goes, Crohns disease is a very debilitating illness. It sucks the life out of you. How anyone could be a D1 athlete when in a flare is beyond me.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine is going to win this series, probably in 3 tough games. Tough draw for Lowell to finally finish first and probably draw the hottest team in the conference.
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    As far as Leen goes, Crohns disease is a very debilitating illness. It sucks the life out of you. How anyone could be a D1 athlete when in a flare is beyond me.
                    It sounds pretty horrible, maybe he doesn't even come back next year? Of seems like Maine has a lot of guys lined up. What is Higgins injury? I completely missed it.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                      Maine is going to win this series, probably in 3 tough games. Tough draw for Lowell to finally finish first and probably draw the hottest team in the conference.
                      I would say Lowell is the hottest team in the conference, and it's a tough draw for Maine. I don't see any team beating Lowell 2x in a weekend, @ Lowell.
                      "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                      make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

You would be insane to dismiss Maine. Lowell is hardly a "been there, done that" playoff team. Maine is going to be very difficult and I think that's why they ultimately take this series.
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

I don't think the team overlooked Providence in the quarterfinals last year, but nonetheless the lower seed won disappointing Lowell fans that were expecting a trip to the Garden. Even on the tear that this team is on, Lowell has to come out full throttle from the opening faceoff. Friday's game was so flat and uninspiring, it didn't seem like the same River Hawks.

Hoping for a packed Tsongas this week. I know it's harder to fill the building when you only have a week or so to sell tickets, but get everyone you know in there.
                          UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

You would be insane to dismiss Maine. Lowell is hardly a "been there, done that" playoff team. Maine is going to be very difficult and I think that's why they ultimately take this series.
                            Okay... Well didn't dismiss them, just said they are not winning two games at Lowell. Sorry, but I don't see it. They will be there, and Be a tough competitor... but i just dint see them, or any HR team beating then 2x a weekend - especially after the PC series last year. Each game Maine played was with Carr in net. Carr is a solid goaltender, however lets see how they fair against Connor.
                            "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                            make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

I haven't done out the math but I bet Lowell's slightly hotter.
                              Lowell Forever
                              Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                              X