Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Congrats MacNaughton champs

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    1. We had the chance to win the Cup last Saturday against MTU...it was not in St. Cloud.
    2. We won a share of the Cup on Friday against the Badgers...it was not in Madison.
    3. It was in Bemidji when the Gophers FINALLY tied us.

Yes, you're the defending champions. But we had the chance to win it outright TWICE and they didn't even bother sending it! What if the Gophers had lost to BSU on Friday?
    It wasn't in St Cloud because you hadn't won it yet and there was no reason to take it away from the team who currently possesses it.
    It wasn't in Madison because we still hold it and there was a chance that we keep it.
    It was in Bemidji because there was a chance that we keep it (share it).

Either way seeing St. Cloud fans acting like babies and showing off their inferiority complex is pretty funny. Some things never change...

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      It wasn't in St Cloud because you hadn't won it yet and there was no reason to take it away from the team who currently possesses it.
      It wasn't in Madison because we still hold it and there was a chance that we keep it.
      It was in Bemidji because there was a chance that we keep it (share it).

Either way seeing St. Cloud fans acting like babies and showing off their inferiority complex is pretty funny. Some things never change...
      BUT, SCSU had the chance (and achieved it) to win the Cup. MN didn't have that chance. Fri....I can see their anger. It's 50-50, folks. Accept it. It might FEEL like a win, but it's still a tie. SCSU has just as much right to that trophy as we do.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This thread needs more friendship and magic.

*****http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110808211524/callofduty/images/d/d5/Call_of_Cutie_Black_Clops.png******
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          This thread needs more friendship and magic.

*****http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110808211524/callofduty/images/d/d5/Call_of_Cutie_Black_Clops.png******
          *****http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/2.gif******
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

If the team that has it can still win PART of it, it shouldn't travel with anyone else. That's it.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Marcia can really be a dumb c-u-n-t sometimes!

Comment

Well, this may just Fuel Cloud into a good ole' fasioned butt whooping in the tourney. Solid team!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  *****http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/2.gif******
                  Where the heck did you get that? That is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by IronRangeHockey View Post
                    Where the heck did you get that? That is awesome!
                    The Chive.

Keep Calm And Chive On, my brother.

Comment

How the Mac ended up in Bemidji:

Potulny brought the Cup from Minneapolis and kept it in his car, per the instructions of coach Don Lucia. It was in the Gophers' possession since they won it last year, and Lucia wanted to have it handy for postgame hoisting if the Gophers were to earn a piece of it again. That happened when they completed the sweep of Bemidji State and St. Cloud State lost at Wisconsin, which left the Gophers and Huskies tied atop the conference with 37 points each. The players had no idea the trophy was in the 218 area code. When it was hauled into the room, you could hear their shouts echoing all the way down the hallway.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        The Chive.

Keep Calm And Chive On, my brother.
                        Mucho Gracias! I had to pass that along to my ex and a few others. Classic! I will have to look up the chive. ~

I cant stop laughing! Granted im a bit loopy from my new meds
                        Last edited by IronRangeHockey; 03-10-2013, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          So if a team can win a win it outright, it should instead be sent to a city where a team can only win a share of it (and possibly with two other teams)?
                          yep.

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                          "Traveling trophy" simply means it's on display at the home of the previous winner during the regular season. But it does not mean the WCHA should take a risk on whether the Gophers win or not last night to "maybe" award them with a Mac celebration if they do. SCSU clinched it first and won at least a share the night before.

Can you imagine what would have happened had the Gophers lost and SCSU won it outright and yet the Mac is still sitting in a box in Bemidji? Or better yet, the Gophers lose and UND and SCSU share it. That's when the * really hits the fan. This whole thing reeks of stupidity from the WCHA head office.
                          Right, from a press release standpoint, not being to have any team piled around the Cup in a picture is bad for business.

Then again, having the Cup in Bemidji tonight could all be a case of payback to St. Cloud for bailing on the WCHA. Bemidji State has worked their tails off to get accepted into the WCHA. Michigan Tech out right owns the Cup anyways and thus they really keep it after next year anyways. And I can't imagine that Mankato is all that happy about the idea that they're going to be making a lot of long bus rides to Michigan when they still had a pretty nice and happy Minnesota centered bus league before all of the NACHO schools took off. Not that they would have a really big say in it, along with Anchorage, but I can't imagine those four schools would be all that happy about a school that left of their own selfish reasons, instead of forced out of the league by some jackbooted thug who's looking for BTN programming, getting to skate with the Cup. Not that they would have been all that happy about the goofers winning it again, but if they all had a say about it back in some smoke filled room in WCHA HQ, they would have kept the Cup out of St. Cloud's hands tonight I would wager.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

@Brenthoven

I visited Chive and was bombarded with malware (im a cybersecurity guy), be careful on that site. Just a warning for ya. They were deeply embedded and I have some really good firewalls they almost made it through. (actually atleast one did make it through as I was ust notified).

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              yep.

Then again, having the Cup in Bemidji tonight could all be a case of payback to St. Cloud for bailing on the WCHA. .
                              And Minnesota and North Dakota (and CC and Denver and UN-O and...) aren't bailing as well?

Comment

So, I sent a nasty email to Bruce. Kept it clean but expressed my displeasure. He said St. Cloud requested it to be presented to them next weekend. Which would be believable unless Lucia was the sneakiest most underhanded coach of all time. But he and Motzko are friends so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X