Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congrats MacNaughton champs

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    At first I thought it was weird, but when I thought about it this makes sense. If the team that has it has a chance to keep it, it doesn't travel with someone else.
    Yep, and if it was St. Cloud who had it last year then they could have had it in Madison with them this weekend, no biggie.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      I was going for this:

*****http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5647/36822020candlejack20car.jpg******

And does anyone really want to know how I got this screen name? I'll tell the story if you want...it's not real exciting.
      I can't believe anyone would post a picture of Candlejack. Everyone knows what happ
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        When they already possess it and all three teams are on the road... um yeah.
        Even thought Minnesota was ALSO on the road. That makes complete sense. NOT.

Let us have it Friday and drive it to Bemidji for you guys tonight. Everyone's happy. But now the WCHA is getting hammered on Twitter and e-mail due to them screwing us over.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          I can't believe anyone would post a picture of Candlejack. Everyone knows what happ
          Thank you!!!

Comment

Which one of you U of M clowns got on the phone with McLeod and had the UW/SCSU thread nuked? Typical Gophers.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

How does it not make sense? This isn't that hard to understand. The team that already has the cup is on the road as are the two other teams who could win it. Keeping it with the team who could potentially keep it makes perfect sense.

Especially when you consider that the Chicago Cubs of college hockey are the ones in the driver seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Which one of you U of M clowns got on the phone with McLeod and had the UW/SCSU thread nuked? Typical Gophers.
                I broke the dam.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...-broke-the-dam
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                  That's the part that seems pretty clear, we already had the trophy and had a chance to win it again.
                  "Traveling trophy" simply means it's on display at the home of the previous winner during the regular season. But it does not mean the WCHA should take a risk on whether the Gophers win or not last night to "maybe" award them with a Mac celebration if they do. SCSU clinched it first and won at least a share the night before.

Can you imagine what would have happened had the Gophers lost and SCSU won it outright and yet the Mac is still sitting in a box in Bemidji? Or better yet, the Gophers lose and UND and SCSU share it. That's when the * really hits the fan. This whole thing reeks of stupidity from the WCHA head office.

The MacNaughton Cup is awarded annually to the winner of the regular season championship, and as a traveling trophy, is on display throughout the course of each season at the home of the previous year's winner. Beginning in 2005-06, the WCHA also began awarding a smaller silver replica MacNaughton Cup to the regular season champion(s) each season.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    How does it not make sense? This isn't that hard to understand. The team that already has the cup is on the road as are the two other teams who could win it. Keeping it with the team who could potentially keep it makes perfect sense.

Especially when you consider that the Chicago Cubs of college hockey are the ones in the driver seat.
                    1. We had the chance to win the Cup last Saturday against MTU...it was not in St. Cloud.
                    2. We won a share of the Cup on Friday against the Badgers...it was not in Madison.
                    3. It was in Bemidji when the Gophers FINALLY tied us.

Yes, you're the defending champions. But we had the chance to win it outright TWICE and they didn't even bother sending it! What if the Gophers had lost to BSU on Friday?

Comment

• Re: Congrats MacNaughton champs

1. We had the chance to win the Cup last Saturday against MTU...it was not in St. Cloud.
                      2. We won a share of the Cup on Friday against the Badgers...it was not in Madison.
                      3. It was in Bemidji when the Gophers FINALLY tied us.

Yes, you're the defending champions. But we had the chance to win it outright TWICE and they didn't even bother sending it! What if the Gophers had lost to BSU on Friday?
                      You had me until this part.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        You had me until this part.
                        This isn't "what if I had gotten laid on Friday?" You guys losing actually had a glimmer of hope.

Comment

This isn't "what if I had gotten laid on Friday?" You guys losing actually had a glimmer of hope.
                          Not really. tArrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                            "Traveling trophy" simply means it's on display at the home of the previous winner during the regular season. But it does not mean the WCHA should take a risk on whether the Gophers win or not last night to "maybe" award them with a Mac celebration if they do. SCSU clinched it first and won at least a share the night before.

Can you imagine what would have happened had the Gophers lost and SCSU won it outright and yet the Mac is still sitting in a box in Bemidji? Or better yet, the Gophers lose and UND and SCSU share it. That's when the * really hits the fan. This whole thing reeks of stupidity from the WCHA head office.
                            That post makes the most sense out of the whole situation.
                            This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                            www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              That is crap. I like the idea of the Gophers dropping it off tonight on their way through St. Cloud. Seriously.
                              You got to take the trophy from the holders if you want it. You wanted the Gophers to drop it off on their way through, don't lose to Tech and Wisconsin.
                              Used RCA television $60
                              Monthly Cable bill $40
                              Watching Schutte Cry in the Penalty Box after he got cocky with the crowd earlier.
                              P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S

Comment

Originally posted by shiftyjedi View Post
                                You got to take the trophy from the holders if you want it. You wanted the Gophers to drop it off on their way through, don't lose to Tech and Wisconsin.
                                Says the guy whose team....lost to Tech and Wisconsin
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X