Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Congrats MacNaughton champs

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Not saying that isn't true, but if we did request that, then why were some of our players asking where the Cup was on Friday when we clinched?
    Wouldn't that be something they would be told?
    Also, just playing devil's advocate, there has been nothing from the coaching staff or the AD's office confirming what the WCHA says there.
    It's possible the WCHA is in CYA mode with that.
    Maybe not to build up their hopes for the upcoming swoon? Just a thought.

Comment

Not saying that isn't true, but if we did request that, then why were some of our players asking where the Cup was on Friday when we clinched?
      Wouldn't that be something they would be told?
      Also, just playing devil's advocate, there has been nothing from the coaching staff or the AD's office confirming what the WCHA says there.
      It's possible the WCHA is in CYA mode with that.
      So, essentially you're calling Doug Spencer of the WCHA a liar? Just want to make sure we get that on the record.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        So, essentially you're calling Doug Spencer of the WCHA a liar? Just want to make sure we get that on the record.
        I'm saying I'd believe it coming from my school's AD office before I would the WCHA since I think they botched this and I'm not alone in that.
        And wow, it's on the "record" of a message board, big deal.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I'm saying I'd believe it coming from my school's AD office before I would the WCHA since I think they botched this and I'm not alone in that.
          And wow, it's on the "record" of a message board, big deal.
          If the team and students and alumni are mad that the Cup wasn't in Wisconsin why would your AD own up to it when he can just throw the league under the bus???
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            If the team and students and alumni are mad that the Cup wasn't in Wisconsin why would your AD own up to it when he can just throw the league under the bus???
            Hey our AD is a woman! How sexist of you.

Why are people still upset about this. The cup is going to be in St. Cloud this weekend. We can all cry into it at that time and then drink our tears as a bonding experience.

Comment

If it's true that we did request it, there is no reason for her not to own up to it.
              No one would be upset if that is what happened and we requested it.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Duder View Post
                Hey our AD is a woman! How sexist of you.

Why are people still upset about this. The cup is going to be in St. Cloud this weekend. We can all cry into it at that time and then drink our tears as a bonding experience.
                I'm not upset.
                I'm just saying the league's explanation of it with no confirmation from any SCSU official doesn't pass the smell test for me.
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I'm not upset.
                  I'm just saying the league's explanation of it with no confirmation from any SCSU official doesn't pass the smell test for me.
                  I guess I'm fine with Motzko's comment saying they were offered the chance to take it to Wisconsin but declined because they wanted to celebrate with the fans. The school probably could have done a better job and made it more clear they would want to do it that way to avoid this mess in the first place.

Comment

I'm sure it's all the Gophers fault.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Duder View Post
                      I guess I'm fine with Motzko's comment saying they were offered the chance to take it to Wisconsin but declined because they wanted to celebrate with the fans. The school probably could have done a better job and made it more clear they would want to do it that way to avoid this mess in the first place.
                      I had not seen those comments till now on the Times site.
                      Yeah it could have been handled better all around.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I had not seen those comments till now on the Times site.
                        Yeah it could have been handled better all around.
                        So, the league office is no longer a bunch of liars?? Motzko isn't the AD. I thought you required confirmation from the AD????

Comment

So, the league office is no longer a bunch of liars?? Motzko isn't the AD. I thought you required confirmation from the AD????
                          Kiss my ***.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Kiss my ***.
                            Marcia, Marcia, Marcia never fit more perfectly than it does right now.

Comment

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia never fit more perfectly than it does right now.

Yeah except this had ZERO to do with the Gophers, the question still would have been put forth no matter who tied with us.
                              Not everything is about you.
                              I did not know the comments from Motzko or our AD at the time I asked the question earlier and you have decided to be a jerk about it so I say again
                              Kiss my ***.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Yeah except this had ZERO to do with the Gophers, the question still would have been put forth no matter who tied with us.
                                Not everything is about you.
                                I did not know the comments from Motzko or our AD at the time I asked the question earlier and you have decided to be a jerk about it so I say again
                                Kiss my ***.
                                It has everything to do with the GOPHERS. It always does.

Social media was abuzz during the weekend with information that Minnesota, which won the Cup last year, had brought the MacNaughton Cup to Bemidji for its weekend series with Bemidji State. Photos circulated on social media showing Gophers players celebrating with the Cup in their locker room.

That outraged some Huskies fans, who felt the Cup should have been in Madison for the Huskies to celebrate with if they had clinched the title outright or if they had clinched a share of the league title.
                                We had the choice to have it in Wisconsin (last weekend),” Motzko said. “I made the choice to have it at home. I’d rather share it with our fans in our building.”
                                http://www.sctimes.com/article/20130...-Cloud-weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X