Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    What quotes?
    That he had no idea the Cup was in Bemidji and that it's location was a -8 on a scale of 1-10 on his Give-a-Crap-O-Meter. If what Bruce said is true, Motzko would have known where it was and that it'd be in Cloud next week.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Re: Congrats MacNaughton champs

It is more important to win the Wcha at the end of the season than worrying about a trophy location. Congrats to both clubs where ever you are.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        now that UMTC has gotten their celebrating out of the way, SCSU will celebrate before their playoff game, forget they have a game to play and UAA will shock them. You heard it here first.
        Motzko mentioned last week after the Senior game they weren't going to do any pregame celebrating stuff anymore. He said they would especially look at not starting all the seniors at the beginning of those games and getting line mismatches after being burned the last two years.
        I don't think Motzko cares if they celebrate the MacNaughton at all if it inteferes with playoffs.
        I think it is something that could wait till after the season is over.
        Last edited by hockeykrazy; 03-10-2013, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUman66 View Post
          And Minnesota and North Dakota (and CC and Denver and UN-O and...) aren't bailing as well?
          UND, Denver, CC, UNO, UMD, and SCSU are the ones bailing on the WCHA while Minnesota and Wisconsin the ones being forced out by the mountains of cash the BTN is promising them that they will get with being able to fill programming on the network, skating 4 times a year against Penn State and OSU. That whole league breaking off idea would have likely fell on its face if UMD didn't join them, and then have SCSU join em. Its just that right now, SCSU was in a position to get something nice and shiny because they was good all season. While everybody else on the Traitor's list who's leaving, wasn't quite so good.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            UND, Denver, CC, UNO, UMD, and SCSU are the ones bailing on the WCHA while Minnesota and Wisconsin the ones being forced out by the mountains of cash the BTN is promising them that they will get with being able to fill programming on the network, skating 4 times a year against Penn State and OSU. That whole league breaking off idea would have likely fell on its face if UMD didn't join them, and then have SCSU join em. Its just that right now, SCSU was in a position to get something nice and shiny because they was good all season. While everybody else on the Traitor's list who's leaving, wasn't quite so good.
            This whole post is so absurd, I am not going to pick apart each moronic statement you made in it.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
              Minnesota and Wisconsin are just as culpable as the NCHC schools. Minnesota tried to fight it but they couldn't since Fat Alvarez forced their hand. It has nothing to do with any new revenues for Minnesota or Wisconsin. I don't know why that myth won't die. It has everythign to do with the fact that the Big Ten does not allow partial members. You're in it for all sports or no sports. The revenue play comes from that. Either you're with the BTHC or you're out of the Big Ten for all sports and the money football and basketball bring in along with the existing network revenues.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                Wisconsin led the B1G charge. Minnesota was against it from the start. Had the B1G not happened then the Nacho league would not either. As always, Wisconsin is the root of all evil.
                Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Difference is the NACHO didn't need to happen and nobody forced DU and UND to take their ball and start a new conference. UM had no choice, if they say no then they're likely kicked out of the Big Ten for all other sports and even Joel Maturi isn't that stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    That he had no idea the Cup was in Bemidji and that it's location was a -8 on a scale of 1-10 on his Give-a-Crap-O-Meter. If what Bruce said is true, Motzko would have known where it was and that it'd be in Cloud next week.
                    If he made that request it doesn't necessarily conflict with his comment about the Gophers celebrating. He's basically saying he has bigger things to worry about and would have a chance next weekend to hoist it in front of he home crowd. In fact if the roles were reversed I'd almost prefer that scenario anyway.

Comment

*****http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2012/10/HIAC12_Photo_23.jpg******a

I AM THE WCHA CHAMPIONS!
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

For the SCSU fans. so they will recognize the MacNaughton when they see it next week. Congrats on a great season.

***** photo 2012-10-13191128_zps0330eae7.jpg******

Comment

now that UMTC has gotten their celebrating out of the way, SCSU will celebrate before their playoff game, forget they have a game to play and UAA will shock them. You heard it here first.
                          This is close to being true. SCSU, thinking about the bye their receive at the X, forget that that doesn't happen in St. Cloud, and UAA will skate unopposed for the first 20 minutes on Friday. Down 2-0, SCSU comes back to win Friday night by 6.

And in all seriousness, I am tired of all this whining about the NCHC, particularly aimed at SCSU. First off, SCSU OBVIOUSLY had nothing to do with it, we weren't among the original six. Second, what happens if SCSU says no to the NCHC? The NCHC would have gone down the list and taken another team from the nWCHA. MTU, NMU or MSU-M takes our place, and one of the teams we would have stuck around to help out would have left instead.

And secondly, aren't we a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad program anyway? We're Jan, right? We have no real rivals, or at least nobody considers us their rival, right? We're not a big draw for opposing fans, right? Then if we're just Jan, then who the hell is missing us?

The way I see it, you can't have it both ways. Either we're a "who cares" program, in which case shut up about us leaving, or "How could we leave the WCHA" (Won't somebody PLEASE think of the Children!) in which case we have to have SOME value, so which is it?

Oh, and in an exclusive interview with Bob Motzko I learned that St. Cloud will hold onto the MacNaughton even after the final night of the WCHA season next year, just in case SCSU gets let back in.
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

The Huskies are in danger of not even making the NCAAs. They are not looking past UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              Says the guy whose team....lost to Tech and Wisconsin
                              It's not that you lost, it's when you lose. I learned that from College Football.

I kept thinking all series, I hope we don't cost ourselves part of the MacNaughton with a tie against these guys.
                              Used RCA television $60
                              Monthly Cable bill $40
                              Watching Schutte Cry in the Penalty Box after he got cocky with the crowd earlier.
                              P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S

Comment

Losing to the Badgers isn't some sort of scarlet letter anyway. They finished 4th for god's sake

Comment

Working...
                                X