Seriously getting Embarassing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously getting Embarassing

If it wasn't bad enough that the North Dakota program ripped off the "Fighting Sioux" from the "Fighting Irish", the Indian head logo from the Blackhawks, the new interlocking ND from Notre Dame, their goal song from the blackhawks, etc....

Now we get "Roll Tribe"?

Ok, Alabama.

Is there ANYTHING authentic about the North Dakota program? Seriously. I know this thread is going to quickly fill with personal attacks to try and divert attention from, or to try and rationalize, the fact that there is nothing unique or special about UND, but this is honestly getting embarassing.

Come up with something original.

Re: Seriously getting Embarassing

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    If it wasn't bad enough that the North Dakota program ripped off the "Fighting Sioux" from the "Fighting Irish", the Indian head logo from the Blackhawks, the new interlocking ND from Notre Dame, their goal song from the blackhawks, etc....

Now we get "Roll Tribe"?

Ok, Alabama.

Is there ANYTHING authentic about the North Dakota program? Seriously. I know this thread is going to quickly fill with personal attacks to try and divert attention from, or to try and rationalize, the fact that there is nothing unique or special about UND, but this is honestly getting embarassing.

Come up with something original.
    No other program is powered by sugar beets. That is unique.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

No other coach gives the ref the finger as much as Hakstol. They have that going for them.And did you know they have SEVEN (!) titles?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Aw shyt. This can't be a good idea.
        You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

It's gone WAY beyond making fun of them. This "Roll Tribe" rip off is seriously embarassing. It's painful to see.

I think we should all put our minds together and help them come up with something original to to use to distinguish their program.

Comment

How about you join the fanbase. That way they are sure to have the biggest chucklenut in the land!
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It's gone WAY beyond making fun of them. This "Roll Tribe" rip off is seriously embarassing. It's painful to see.

I think we should all put our minds together and help them come up with something original to to use to distinguish their program.
              This thread is not your best work of trolling. I expected better of you.

I wonder how long until thread is deleted and you are suspended.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                How about you join the fanbase. That way they are sure to have the biggest chucklenut in the land!
                I support the Gophers, and only the Gophers.

You should try it. Or do UND fans need big, bad Brent as their protector?

Just speaking what I'm honestly feeling. Making friends isn't for the Internet, and holding back what we're all thinking to try and fit in isn't my thing. I'd rather be hated here than a pathetic, apologetic, poor excuse for a fan.

Rivalries are for ribbing.
                Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 03-09-2013, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I support the Gophers, and only the Gophers.

You should try it. Or do UND fans need big, bad Brent as their protector?
                  Um, Gopher fan here. Longtime Gopher fan. We don't need you. Go away.

Comment

Um, Gopher fan here. Longtime Gopher fan. We don't need you. Go away.
                    Sorry, but I think being whiny and apologetic is a poor example to set as a fan. No other fanbase apologizes more than ours, and it's about as sad as what I criticized UND for above.

Rivalries are for ribbing. I'm not killing anyone here. No need for you to be the savior here. Not here to make friends, and I always honestly say what's on my mind. You have a problem with that, here's a news flash Brent. I am as embarassed as you are we follow the same team.

One thing I will give Bucky and Whioux fans credit for is that they put the team and rivalry first, and never apologize for tasteful ribbing.

Comment

I'll give credit to other programs and fans when it is due, and I have plenty of times, but I'm not going to hold back legit criticisms in order to prevent bruised egos.

**** right I am taking UND down a peg. In this case, it's deserved. And they wouldn't hesitate for a second to point this out if it were us.

“@goon48: Nick Bjudstad scores and now I know how to spell Minnesota again.”

My God, this is like fighting the Vietnam War. Enemy who's more then willing to cross lines, but you've always got one hand toed behind your back.
                      Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 03-09-2013, 08:55 AM.

Comment

There is ribbing and there is obsession. You have the latter, as shown in starting this thread. We're not playing UND this weekend, so why pick them apart in a special thread? Reeks of a one track mind. THAT'S embarrassing.

I hate UND with all my heart, but I don't let that hate consume me, nor do I go out of my way to rabble on message boards about how they are terrible. Yet, you seem to carry on some "noble" Gopher mission, of which many Gopher fans here disapprove of, and then you call us out? Heh. You are as bad as the obsessive UND fans we make fun of. Go ahead, keep posting your nonsense. I'll sit back and watch you burn.

For opposing fanbases, please know that JWubbs is a poster we don't claim.

Comment

flickertails was unique

Comment

There is ribbing and there is obsession. You have the latter, as shown in starting this thread. We're not playing UND this weekend, so why pick them apart in a special thread? Reeks of a one track mind. THAT'S embarrassing.

I hate UND with all my heart, but I don't let that hate consume me, nor do I go out of my way to rabble on message boards about how they are terrible. Yet, you seem to carry on some "noble" Gopher mission, of which many Gopher fans here disapprove of, and then you call us out? Heh. You are as bad as the obsessive UND fans we make fun of. Go ahead, keep posting your nonsense. I'll sit back and watch you burn.

you shouldda thrown him under the bus when he was going off about all the non-rules that JoePa broke

Comment

Boloney. I post here far less than most of you. I don't live here, so the "obsession" comment is laughable.

On many occasions I have given other programs and fans praise. Check the recent comments in the UND thread Brent, I recently complimented their "Beyond These Doors" productions. Pretty cool. That got ZERO replies. But I honestly speak my mind on this, and Brent the Hero to the rescue.

I'm not going anywhere Brent, and my posts won't always be sunshine and flowers. Grow a pair.

Comment

Working...
                              X