• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Redemption....Ground Hog Day

Eusko was a math msjor
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

[QUOTE=NUProf;5659333]Eusko was a math msjor[/QUOTE

msjor = New Math ??

Comment

[QUOTE=VT bragging rights;5659358]
        Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        Eusko was a math msjor[/QUOTE

msjor = New Math ??
        Fat fingers typing on a phone while watching sick 14 month old girls

Comment

Eusko was a math major
          and a darn good one IIRC. Made a trip to a national competition somewhere, maybe New Orleans?
          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
            and a darn good one IIRC. Made a trip to a national competition somewhere, maybe New Orleans?
            Correct. Excellent student and a good guy. Like a number of NU goalies had a weaker senior season than his Junior season. Only one I recall who didn't was Klinger

Comment

Going forward, it is nice to wish that Klinger were here. But, hey, so long as we are beefing up the perception that we need help to match Testa & Company…let’s add some wishful additions to offense by tossing in Accoin andMcClean.

Nice thought but I do worry that some folks—including any player reading all fan these remarks—might get the impression that Cadets fans somehow think that our goalies (with a combined 23-3-1 record) are somehow not up to snuff to “beat those guys.”

As for Babson’s goalie Zeke Testa—we have all acknowledged that he has been great but how about just adding…”so far..so good”. He is not Darth Vader, the Joker or the Boogey Man and he can be beaten by…even by mere mortals. In fact, his life-time record at Babson is 26-29-10. (.477). Not much to write home about, eh? Me? I bet the percentages, career performance consistency and playoff experience.

Over the last three years that our current crop of goalies have been around--Czarnota’s record is 20-2-2 (.893), Marinsek’s record is 9-2-0 (.818) and Parker Carroll’s record is 32-3-3 (.882). They also have been to the NCAA dance three times. Meanwhile, over those same three years, Babson’s Zeke Testa record is 18-21-8. So far in NCAA play he is 1-0. Still not much to brag on but he is more consistent...so far.

Hey we know Babson has developed into a great club built around a core of five Seniors including Testa. And Zeke is very good, e.g. ”so far..so good.” But lets also stick with all the folks that brought us to this party. We can "beat those guys" with the team we have. It will be a great game! Roll on Cadets!
              Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 03-07-2013, 03:05 PM.
              Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
              Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                Going forward, it is nice to wish that Klinger were here. But, hey, so long as we are beefing up the perception that we need help to match Testa & Company…let’s add some wishful additions to offense by tossing in Accoin andMcClean.

Nice thought but I do worry that some folks—including any player reading all fan these remarks—might get the impression that Cadets fans somehow think that our goalies (with a combined 23-3-1 record) are somehow not up to snuff to “beat those guys.”

As for Babson’s goalie Zeke Testa—we have all acknowledged that he has been great but how about just adding…”so far..so good”. He is not Darth Vader, the Joker or the Boogey Man and he can be beaten by…even by mere mortals. In fact, his life-time record at Babson is 26-29-10. (.477). Not much to write home about, eh? Me? I bet the percentages, career performance consistency and playoff experience.

Over the last three years that our current crop of goalies have been around--Czarnota’s record is 20-2-2 (.893), Marinsek’s record is 9-2-0 (.818) and Parker Carroll’s record is 32-3-3 (.882). They also have been to the NCAA dance three times. Meanwhile, over those same three years, Babson’s Zeke Testa record is 18-21-8. So far in NCAA play he is 1-0. Still not much to brag on.

Hey we know Babson has developed into a great club with its core of five Seniors including Testa. And Zeke is very good, e.g. ”so far..so good.” But lets also stick with all the folks that brought us to this party. We can "beat those guys" with the team we have. It will be a great game! Roll on Cadets!
                Just have to remember that 50+second spot on a Friday night where he let everything in, and build on that.
                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by nujack View Post
                  Absolutely. They will need to hustle and hopefully score early and often. It should be a great game and I am looking forward to it.

If the motivation of revenge for last week and the desire for the seniors to go out on top are not enough to beat Babson, I'll be very surprised.

Now to me the question of the week becomes, who does Norwich start in goal?
                  We have three great goal goaltenders. Parker is the only one that has shutout Babson this year. Maybe its time to let him out of the doghouse?

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                    Just have to remember that 50+second spot on a Friday night where he let everything in, and build on that.
                    Looking forward to Redemtion
                    Steve Day(NU71)
                    Go Cadets

Comment

Redemption, or Bad News Bears? I love Groundhog Day, and wouldn't mind seeing it again on Saturday night. And if we're calling up ghosts of players past, I'll bring back PT's father Paul and Tommy Sasso, the only (?) player to win the college division Hobey Baker award twice. They would make Swiss cheese of whoever you put in goal. This is Norwich's NC game - I don't see anybody else beating them. Babson, on the other hand, I don't see beating anybody but Norwich. What a great game to be able to see. I am so jealous of all of you who are going.

Go Babo!
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
                        Looking forward to Redemption
                        If you want Redemption, follow Hawk, he knows all the places that pay 6 cents for bottles & cans.
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                          If you want Redemption, follow Hawk, he knows all the places that pay 6 cents for bottles & cans.
                          Come on Norm, Plattsburgh fans shouldn't be piling on hawk - that's our job.

Comment

Come on Norm, Plattsburgh fans shouldn't be piling on hawk - that's our job.
                            Hawk is a blight to any sports fan, if you can make a realistic wager and can't honor it, you simply have no honor.
                            Larry Normandin
                            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by wickfan View Post
                              We have three great goal goaltenders. Parker is the only one that has shutout Babson this year. Maybe its time to let him out of the doghouse?
                              That's my guess, but I agree all three are very good. IMO Czarnota is a small step ahead of the other two most nights, but they are all top shelf. Having the three of them clawing for starts is a nice problem to have.

Now the defense just needs to do its normal solid job and the forwards just need to blast past the Babson defense put a few past Testa.

Comment

One of my best hockey memories ever was that final in Lake Placid in 2010. B. J. O' Brien and Klinger. Both goalies were just in the zone.
                                Second only to a gold medal game in the same building
                                The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Working...
                                X