Looking Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Back

On my pre-season prediction about BC being a bubble team. Yes, I was a bit off (though the season isn't over), but I was fairly right about a few things.

Milner has regressed more than some people think. Part of that is the defense playing in front of him (more on that in a second), but part of the reason his stats were so absurdly good last season was the high-caliber defensemen in front of him.

They would, and have, had trouble replacing the production they lost on the blueline. Replacing that many defenders in the lineup with freshmen is hard for any program, and BC showed it isn't immune either. Yes, injuries hurt, but they took a fairly big step back on the blue line regardless. Kudos to York for making the transition as smooth as it has been. Very tough task.

They would, and have, had a problem with scoring depth. Again, they did much better than I thought they would, but losing the pieces they did would be hard for any program.

All said, I am continually amazed at what Jerry York is able to do, and the fact he was able to steer this team (losses, diversity, and all) to what appears to be another tourney appearance is phenomonal. With the recruiting class BC has coming in next season, and the experience their young defenders have gotten this year, they will be near or at the top of my preseason predictions this summer.

Re: Looking Back

Want a cookie?
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Want a cookie?
      For being wrong about them being a bubble team???

Just saying, even though they struggled in some areas I thought they would, they are still firmly in the tourney field.

Never bet against Jerry York.

Comment

Re: Looking Back

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        For being wrong about them being a bubble team???

Just saying, even though they struggled in some areas I thought they would, they are still firmly in the tourney field.

Never bet against Jerry York.
        So true. He's an excellent program coach, but he is an even better game coach when it comes to tourney time. He's been at it a long time and has learned his lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
          On my pre-season prediction about BC being a bubble team. Yes, I was a bit off (though the season isn't over), but I was fairly right about a few things.

Milner has regressed more than some people think. Part of that is the defense playing in front of him (more on that in a second), but part of the reason his stats were so absurdly good last season was the high-caliber defensemen in front of him.

They would, and have, had trouble replacing the production they lost on the blueline. Replacing that many defenders in the lineup with freshmen is hard for any program, and BC showed it isn't immune either. Yes, injuries hurt, but they took a fairly big step back on the blue line regardless. Kudos to York for making the transition as smooth as it has been. Very tough task.

They would, and have, had a problem with scoring depth. Again, they did much better than I thought they would, but losing the pieces they did would be hard for any program.

All said, I am continually amazed at what Jerry York is able to do, and the fact he was able to steer this team (losses, diversity, and all) to what appears to be another tourney appearance is phenomonal. With the recruiting class BC has coming in next season, and the experience their young defenders have gotten this year, they will be near or at the top of my preseason predictions this summer.
          Being a bubble team? You said they would miss the tournament, you fraud.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Being a bubble team? You said they would miss the tournament, you fraud.
            Initially, then changed my opinion to being a bubble team. Either way, looks like I was wrong. Which is amazing because they did struggle in the areas I thought they would. A true testement to how good Jerry York is at what he does.

Comment

Working...
            X