Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State vs Minnesota 3/8 WCHA Final Face-Off

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
    If the Bucks get into penalty trouble it will be a long night.
    If UM gets into penalty trouble it still might be a long night for OSU...UM has scored 13 shorthanded goals so far this season.

Comment

This has been mentioned by other posters but of all the crazy stats the Gophers have compiled this year, the fact that they have outscored their opponents while their opponents have been on the power play is mind boggling.

Maybe the Gophers should be handicapped to play one person short all the time. Call it sanctioned parity...Kind of like the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I remember the 2010 Final Face-Off game against Minnesota that went to double overtime like it was yesterday. That game was awesome.
        *****https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/15324_10100128470745515_2517217_n.jpg******
        That was the tying goal with under a minute left in the game. Best picture I've ever taken lol.

Anything can happen. GO BUCKS!!!
        "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by CammieBuckeye View Post
          I remember the 2010 Final Face-Off game against Minnesota that went to double overtime like it was yesterday. That game was awesome.
          I still have nightmares about Spooner rushing the puck up ice, although not confined to that game.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I do too. It was a great game. I remember another tournament game between Minnesota and Wisconsin also proof that anything can happen.

Sure as heck can. The Buckeyes should surely be stoked coming off the sweep in Duluth, with confidence from both that and the most recent Gopher / Buckeye series added into the mix.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              I still have nightmares about Spooner rushing the puck up ice, although not confined to that game.
              Hahahahaha I think a lot of people who aren't OSU fans have that recurring nightmare.
              "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

This game is also one of my least-favorite all-time Gophers hockey memories:
                http://www.collegehockeystats.net/00...s/wminosu1.m09

Minnesota was the defending national champ and the WCHA regular-season champ and No. 1 seed in the tournament. Before there was Spooner making life tough on the Gophs, there was Corinne Rosen. At least I know that a loss tomorrow won't knock us out of the NCAA tourney.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  This game is also one of my least-favorite all-time Gophers hockey memories:
                  http://www.collegehockeystats.net/00...s/wminosu1.m09

Minnesota was the defending national champ and the WCHA regular-season champ and No. 1 seed in the tournament. Before there was Spooner making life tough on the Gophs, there was Corinne Rosen. At least I know that a loss tomorrow won't knock us out of the NCAA tourney.
                  And the Rochester rink was nothing to write home about, either. That was just a bad, bad weekend for Gopher fans.
                  Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                  Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                  Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

OK no more negative thoughts, Gopher fans. This year WILL be different!
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

*****https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/15324_10100128470745515_2517217_n.jpg******
                      That was the tying goal with under a minute left in the game. Best picture I've ever taken lol.

What a great picture! I see Natalie Spooner, Paige Semenza, and Raelyn LaRocque, but I don't recognize the fourth person on the right. Do you know who that is? Wait, that's Hokey Langan, isn't it? Great pic, CammieBuckeye, thanks for sharing that! Nice to see you making an appearance on here!

Comment

Hahahahaha I think a lot of people who aren't OSU fans have that recurring nightmare.
                        The rest of the world is going to have that recurring nightmare at the Sochi Olympics in a little less than a year from now.

Comment

Here's the link to the free video feed.
                          http://www.meridi*****/mbp/hockey/in...nt_type=hockey

Comment

That link gives you the rerun of game 1... any help?

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            Here's the link to the free video feed.
                            http://www.meridi*****/mbp/hockey/in...nt_type=hockey
                            "Is that net regulation sized or what?"

Comment

Here is the real link buried on the MN sports network website, the one on the WCHA site does not work

http://www.mnsportsnetwork.com/index.php#

Originally posted by ArmedWithAStick View Post
                              That link gives you the rerun of game 1... any help?
                              "Is that net regulation sized or what?"

Comment

Final: Minnesota over Ohio State 5-0. Solid performance.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X