Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica Home Game and NYS High Shcool Final Four...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utica Home Game and NYS High Shcool Final Four...

If anyone has that the Utica College was awarded a home game in the NCAA tournament the same weekend as the NS High School Final four....the last semi-final for the high schools is 5pm..Utia game at 7pm....this is a time crunch becasue NCAA protocol says you have to be on the ice 37 minutes before the game but the hig school game.. especially the other three games go into OT..does the NCAA budge or NYS

There probably wont be any hotels either...ncaa does not like that...slu men's soccer got a home playoff game stripped from them by the ncaa becuase there were not enough hotels when alot of stuff was going on....could Utica get stripped of an NCAA this late in the game or early this week

there are four games for high schools beginning at 9:30, 12pm, 2:30, 5pm...Utica gamea t 7pm...major issues

Re: Utica Home Game and NYS High Shcool Final Four...

Originally posted by radiox View Post
    If anyone has that the Utica College was awarded a home game in the NCAA tournament the same weekend as the NS High School Final four....the last semi-final for the high schools is 5pm..Utia game at 7pm....this is a time crunch becasue NCAA protocol says you have to be on the ice 37 minutes before the game but the hig school game.. especially the other three games go into OT..does the NCAA budge or NYS

There probably wont be any hotels either...ncaa does not like that...slu men's soccer got a home playoff game stripped from them by the ncaa becuase there were not enough hotels when alot of stuff was going on....could Utica get stripped of an NCAA this late in the game or early this week

there are four games for high schools beginning at 9:30, 12pm, 2:30, 5pm...Utica gamea t 7pm...major issues
    The game is not scheduled to start until 8:30
    Originally posted by zamboney
    the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.
    2010-2011 Last Person Standing champion

Comment

I guess the biggest question is practice time and locker rooms. I wonder what would happen if Bowdoin and or U MASS DARTMOUTH put up a fuss about the "late" start time when the NCAA states all games should be at 7:00pm. Or the potential for a much later start then 8:30pm. Can you imagine a 9:45 or 10:00pm START its very possible. Not sure how tbey are fitting in practice times either. Would love to hear from Bowdoin staff or U MASS DARTMOUTH how they feel about it....
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Re: Utica Home Game and NYS High School Final Four...

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        I guess the biggest question is practice time and locker rooms. I wonder what would happen if Bowdoin and or U MASS DARTMOUTH put up a fuss about the "late" start time when the NCAA states all games should be at 7:00pm. Or the potential for a much later start then 8:30pm. Can you imagine a 9:45 or 10:00pm START its very possible. Not sure how tbey are fitting in practice times either. Would love to hear from Bowdoin staff or U MASS DARTMOUTH how they feel about it....
        Times and sequence of games are tentative and may be changed by the Division III Men’s Ice Hockey Committee.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I detect some "sour grapes here"!!
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

8:30 works for me, as I have to go to a girls HS bouncy ball game in Syracuse at 4:00 on Saturday!
            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

As a Bowdoin fan, I would rather see the boys play on a nice clean sheet of ice but it really isn't a huge deal since Utica is going to be playing under the same circumstances. If the full practice time is not at the Aud however, I would be a little peeved that the boys didn't get a chance to get a feel for the sheet size/boards.

Of course, gotta get there first!
              Go Polar Bears Plaaaay Hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneerfan11 View Post
                The game is not scheduled to start until 8:30
                Hold on a second. The Utica game starts at 8:30? Where did I miss that?

Crap. I think I'm staying home...
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  I detect some "sour grapes here"!!
                  The person who started this thread is from Potsdam. I don't think he cares where the game is. From his experience concerning a SLU soccer playoff game, he raised a legitimate concern.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by radiox View Post
                    There is a wee bit more hotel space in Utica (which can include Rome, Whitesboro, Westmoreland, New Hartford) than in Canton (which can include what ... Potsdam?). I can't see that being an issue.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      There is a wee bit more hotel space in Utica (which can include Rome, Whitesboro, Westmoreland, New Hartford) than in Canton (which can include what ... Potsdam?). I can't see that being an issue.
                      Hey if Massena was good enough for the Bears, fans could stay there too (or here)
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        Plus there are three new hotels in the area in the past few years (two just opened this fall), two Hamptons and a Holiday Inn Express.
                        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Wait did you guys say " a Bears fan" OR "THE Bears fan", since I don't recall mentioning anything about Utica's game.
                          LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                            Plus there are three new hotels in the area in the past few years (two just opened this fall), two Hamptons and a Holiday Inn Express.
                            If they had a Holiday Inn Express when I was there, I would have graduated summa cum laude.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              If they had a Holiday Inn Express when I was there, I would have graduated summa cum laude.
                              Ummm, Joe, he was talking about new hotels in Utica. I don't think a Holiday Inn Express would have even been able to help you...
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                              X