Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica Home Game and NYS High Shcool Final Four...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica Home Game and NYS High Shcool Final Four...

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
    Wait did you guys say " a Bears fan" OR "THE Bears fan", since I don't recall mentioning anything about Utica's game.
    Neither. You missed the comma...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by radiox View Post
      If anyone has that the Utica College was awarded a home game in the NCAA tournament the same weekend as the NS High School Final four....the last semi-final for the high schools is 5pm..Utia game at 7pm....this is a time crunch becasue NCAA protocol says you have to be on the ice 37 minutes before the game but the hig school game.. especially the other three games go into OT..does the NCAA budge or NYS

There probably wont be any hotels either...ncaa does not like that...slu men's soccer got a home playoff game stripped from them by the ncaa becuase there were not enough hotels when alot of stuff was going on....could Utica get stripped of an NCAA this late in the game or early this week

there are four games for high schools beginning at 9:30, 12pm, 2:30, 5pm...Utica gamea t 7pm...major issues
      High school games are 15 min. periods and I think 4 5 min overtimes and then a shootout. Use to be anyway. They didn't clean the ice between overtimes either. That may have changed. I'm not sure about the pratice times and I think you have a point there. Do you start at 8:00am?? Could be a close shave getting the game going by 8:30. Don't forget, they have to clear the whole place out before the let the college fans in. My guess is they will have all the HS teams ready to go as soon as the game before is done, even if it's before the stated start time. I'm sure it will all work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennycheck View Post
        High school games are 15 min. periods and I think 4 5 min overtimes and then a shootout. Use to be anyway. They didn't clean the ice between overtimes either. That may have changed. I'm not sure about the pratice times and I think you have a point there. Do you start at 8:00am?? Could be a close shave getting the game going by 8:30. Don't forget, they have to clear the whole place out before the let the college fans in. My guess is they will have all the HS teams ready to go as soon as the game before is done, even if it's before the stated start time. I'm sure it will all work out.
        NYS High School Hockey Rules

http://www.enynihoa.org/ny_hs_rule_addendum.pdf
        2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
        2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
        2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
        2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

There probably wont be any hotels either...ncaa does not like that...slu men's soccer got a home playoff game stripped from them by the ncaa becuase there were not enough hotels when alot of stuff was going on....could Utica get stripped of an NCAA this late in the game or early this week
          Just another reason why Utica should just be deemed national champions .

Comment

I was told today that NYS set back all start times 30 minutes just in case Utica was awarded a bid....I will be own there covering two Section X teams..the question is will Jaslow come and bring down his Section V pom poms to cheer Rochester McQuaid on Saturday versus Massena or stay home in his mansion and listen to Adrian Oswego on his couch. Hotel provided...maybe

Comment

I was told today that NYS set back all start times 30 minutes just in case Utica was awarded a bid....I will be own there covering two Section X teams..the question is will Jaslow come and bring down his Section V pom poms to cheer Rochester McQuaid on Saturday versus Massena or stay home in his mansion and listen to Adrian Oswego on his couch. Hotel provided...maybe
              Will WPDM/WSNN stream the games? I miss you guys carrying the Clarkson games.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by polarbearfan View Post
                As a Bowdoin fan, I would rather see the boys play on a nice clean sheet of ice but it really isn't a huge deal since Utica is going to be playing under the same circumstances. If the full practice time is not at the Aud however, I would be a little peeved that the boys didn't get a chance to get a feel for the sheet size/boards.

Of course, gotta get there first!
                I'm thinking the same thing: that they're cutting it pretty (maybe "too") close.

FWIW, plan on a solid 6.5 hours of drive-time from Brunswick, assuming that the 495 traffic is moving, and without taking any protracted breaks along the way.

There are plenty of rooms available locally; I might recommend the Red Roof directly off the Utica Thruway exit. It's clean, recently renovated and cheap, and only 5 minutes from The Aud, with plenty of restaurants nearby.

Do you expect many BC fans to make the trip?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Will WPDM/WSNN stream the games? I miss you guys carrying the Clarkson games.
                  You could have been listening to them covering Potsdam games the last few years. Sheesh!
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

What colors would Section V poms-poms be?

I would have to bring my six-year-old neice. She loves to emulate the cheerleaders. And she does fantastic cartwheels.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Give it up for the Catholics, Go Knights!
                      Last edited by OZFEST; 03-06-2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

We will be doing the SLC games...WMSA will be covering the Massena games

Comment

Is Shcool chewing tobacco?
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Must have been my typo....and cant type worth anything....even a saints17 autographed microphone or a Russell Jaslow signed notebook

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              You could have been listening to them covering Potsdam games the last few years. Sheesh!
                              I would say that I like listening to a winning hockey team, but, sadly, that isi no longer the case...
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                I would say that I like listening to a winning hockey team, but, sadly, that isi no longer the case...
                                Just being able to listen to radiox is winning enough!
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X