The Alliance is Dead! Long live the Alliance! PC/Lowell 3/8 & 3/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Alliance is Dead! Long live the Alliance! PC/Lowell 3/8 & 3/9

Well ... I don't think these two schools have ever played a more meaningful regular season weekend than this one.

With a couple of things going right on Friday (and a win), Lowell could win the HE regular season title for the first time. Lowell has now won 7 in a row, and is on a 17-2-1 stretch, one of the hottest teams in the nation, so you'd have to like their odds. Except, of course, that Gillies is in the way.

PC still has a tiny shot at #1 I believe, but would need to sweep Lowell and hope for other results to go their way. And they have Gillies to help in that.

I would assume both games (Friday at Lowell, Saturday at PC) will sell out, but I also know the capacity at PC is only around 2k while they're working on the stadium?

BTW, have I noted that Gillies scares me?
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: The Alliance is Dead! Long live the Alliance! PC/Lowell 3/8 & 3/9

Scneider holds 3k, was there last week, not compromised ....not sure there doing anything to increase capacity...but a pc student can shed light on this.

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
      Scneider holds 3k, was there last week, not compromised ....not sure there doing anything to increase capacity...but a pc student can shed light on this.
      I could have sworn that I read somewhere that their capacity (as per the fire marshall) is only around 2k right now?

Actually, from their box score against BC on Friday night:
      Attendance: 2089 (Sellout)
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Was a typo 3k.....but you are accurate i saw same box.....btw. they never sellout

Comment

they never sellout
          According to the box scores, their last 5 games have been sellouts.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Was a typo 3k.....but you are accurate i saw same box.....btw. they never sellout
            No, it wasn't a typo.

Please see here.

As the extensive project continues to move forward, capacity at the arena has been reduced to 2,089 for the rest of the season.
            Now can we actually move on to the series?
            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              According to the box scores, their last 5 games have been sellouts.
              They havent been sell outs..was there....not even close....pc fan please chime in.

Comment

The games have indeed been sell outs. Capacity is down to around 2K while under construction. If making the trip I would strongly recommend getting tix in advance and get there early as parking can be touh as well

Comment

Originally posted by BUObserver View Post
                  The games have indeed been sell outs. Capacity is down to around 2K while under construction. If making the trip I would strongly recommend getting tix in advance and get there early as parking can be touh as well
                  Well in live in prov...went to unh game half full and same size....ive played hockey there as a kid hundreds of times..rink is not altered.

Comment

Well in live in prov...went to unh game half full and same size....ive played hockey there as a kid hundreds of times..rink is not altered.
                    Well I live 5 minutes from rink and have been season ticket holder for over 20 yrs. Were there empty seats?? Yes. Will there be empty seats at Lowell game?? Yes. Why?? Because rink seats 3300 but they are only selling about 2300 due to construction. You don't see anything from inside the rink but if you look on the press box side all the fire exits are blocked off. This is why it may seem half full but it is actually a sell out based on number is tickets sold

Comment

PC may "only" be 5-2-3 since these last two met ... when Lowell flooded Gillies with 50+ shots and won 2-1 ... but PC has been playing UNH and BC quite a bit ... and fared pretty well (3-1-2).

Sat. Jan. 19 7:00 ET 6 @ New Hampshire 5 W
                      Fri. Jan. 25 7:00 ET 2 Boston University 3 L
                      Sat. Jan. 26 7:00 ET 3 @ Boston University 3 T/OT
                      Fri. Feb. 1 7:00 ET 2 @ Maine 2 T/OT HE
                      Sun. Feb. 10 4:00 ET 3 @ New Hampshire 3 T/OT
                      Wed. Feb. 13 7:00 ET 1 New Hampshire 0 W
                      Sun. Feb. 17 4:00 ET 2 Merrimack 2 T/OT
                      Fri. Feb. 22 7:00 ET 6 Northeastern 2 W
                      Sat. Feb. 23 7:00 ET 3 @ Northeastern 2 W
                      Fri. Mar. 1 7:00 ET 2 Boston College 3 L
                      Sat. Mar. 2 4:00 ET 5 @ Boston College 1 W

Comment

Originally posted by PaulG View Post
                        PC may "only" be 5-2-3 since these last two met ... when Lowell flooded Gillies with 50+ shots and won 2-1 ... but PC has been playing UNH and BC quite a bit ... and fared pretty well (3-1-2).

Sat. Jan. 19 7:00 ET 6 @ New Hampshire 5 W
                        Fri. Jan. 25 7:00 ET 2 Boston University 3 L
                        Sat. Jan. 26 7:00 ET 3 @ Boston University 3 T/OT
                        Fri. Feb. 1 7:00 ET 2 @ Maine 2 T/OT HE
                        Sun. Feb. 10 4:00 ET 3 @ New Hampshire 3 T/OT
                        Wed. Feb. 13 7:00 ET 1 New Hampshire 0 W
                        Sun. Feb. 17 4:00 ET 2 Merrimack 2 T/OT
                        Fri. Feb. 22 7:00 ET 6 Northeastern 2 W
                        Sat. Feb. 23 7:00 ET 3 @ Northeastern 2 W
                        Fri. Mar. 1 7:00 ET 2 Boston College 3 L
                        Sat. Mar. 2 4:00 ET 5 @ Boston College 1 W
                        Outside of NU (standings wise), they've had a pretty tough stretch run, as has Lowell.
                        Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Outside of NU (standings wise), they've had a pretty tough stretch run, as has Lowell.
                          Lowell is really looking mature. Something clicked, I think, in that Northeastern weekend in late January ... they had to dig deep to get out of the holes Carr was putting them in ... I think they found something. I don't know. Maybe they realized right then and there that they were really good. Maybe last season was taken for granted and the early season start this year had deflated them quite a bit. They were on a 9 game winning streak heading into the Northeastern weekend but they might have felt "lucky".

I don't think PC has reached that level yet ... so hopefully, it'll make the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post

Now can we actually move on to the series?
                            No, Monty we can not.

Can't make the game at UML because I work until 7 these days.

HOPEFULLY, the Saturday game at the Coffin doesn't sell out on Mrs Jon and I.

Can The Ice is Life Blog please re-post the article comparing PC with Mos Eisley cantina? I haven't laughed that hard in a while...
                            Last edited by Jon; 03-04-2013, 04:11 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              HOPEFULLY, the Saturday game at the Coffin doesn't sell out on Mrs Jon and I.
                              Not going to buy ahead of time?
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Working...
                              X