Maine @ New Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine @ New Hampshire

If UNH sweeps, and UML gets 3/4, UNH wins #1 seed...and quite likely faces Maine again in the quarterfinals. I'm never a fan of a scenario that has you facing one team 5 games in a row.

I am hoping to see a UNH team using this weekend not just for a (somewhat meaningless) regular season, but as a postseason warm up.

Maine is in 8th. that's all I know of them.

discuss.
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Re: Maine @ New Hampshire

Well i know from history they have fits on the large sheet...

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
      If UNH sweeps, and UML gets 3/4, UNH wins #1 seed...and quite likely faces Maine again in the quarterfinals. I'm never a fan of a scenario that has you facing one team 5 games in a row.

I am hoping to see a UNH team using this weekend not just for a (somewhat meaningless) regular season, but as a postseason warm up.

discuss.
      Most importantly, 2 points equals home ice.
      UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
        Most importantly, 2 points equals home ice.

Good point, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
          If UNH sweeps, and UML gets 3/4, UNH wins #1 seed...and quite likely faces Maine again in the quarterfinals.

discuss.
          If Maine loses both games against UNH, it will fall to 9th place unless UMass loses both games to Merrimack. Maine is currently ahead of UMass by just one point. However, UMass has the tiebreaker (most wins in conference play), so the Black Bears have to get at least the same number of points as UMass next weekend to stay in 8th place and go to the tournament.

Comment

Whitehead will have the troops ready.

Comment

Over the last half of the season (exception Vermont game), Maine has improved their quality of play and the young players have developed much more confidence. They recently won and lost on the larger ice sheet at the Mullins Center. Their win was a 2-0 shutout. Maine is capable of at least splitting this weekend at the Whittemore Center. Maine certainly has the urgency and motivation, UNH perhaps not quite as much.

Comment

[Quote]Maine certainly has the urgency and motivation, UNH perhaps not quite as much.[Quote]

From being around the team, their focus has been on winning as many games as possible. While this might seem like a rather obvious statement - don't let the sentiment that Maine has "more to play for" in regards to their playoff lives in Hockey East - let you think that UNH will not take the games seriously. UNH always "gets up" for Maine at the Whit, and they are not scoreboard watching. The mentality is that they have to win every game. Expect UNH to come out hungry like they did Saturday night against UMass. Hopefully the place is loud - not holding my breath for that though.

Comment

GO WILDCATS! Get at least 2 points, better yet - 4 points

Comment

I think we see a split this weekend. Maine is more than due for a win there. I'm pretty sure the last time Maine won was when Lucas Lawson kicked the puck in right at the death.

What is going on with UNH's attendance? The games I've seen on tv it looks pretty empty.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      I think we see a split this weekend. Maine is more than due for a win there. I'm pretty sure the last time Maine won was when Francis Nault sent the puck to the crease with no time left and it deflected off of an off-balance Lucas Lawson who was fighting for position while flying at full speed across the front of the net, right at the death.

What is going on with UNH's attendance? The games I've seen on tv it looks pretty empty.
                      fyp

Comment

I think we see a split this weekend. Maine is more than due for a win there. I'm pretty sure the last time Maine won was when Lucas Lawson kicked the puck in right at the death...
                        That was in Manchester, not at the Whitt.
                        We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                        ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                        --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Corporate season ticket holders, who rarely show up, except for perhaps the second period on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                            That was in Manchester, not at the Whitt.
                            It was def at the Whitt, the game the night before was in Manch which I went to.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

It was def at the Whitt, the game the night before was in Manch which I went to.
                              You are correct, as UNH won 4-2 at the Verizon the night before Lawson kicked in the 3-2 game winner with 7 seconds left in OT at Lake Whitt. Maine won the regular season series that year, with a 2-1 OT win in Orono earlier in the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X