Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Pray, pray that guys come back from injuries quickly now. For a team that lacked depth to begin with to be without Whitney, Hayes, Wey, and Alber...the cupboard is pretty **** bare at this point. I don't see much of an option right now but to aggregate Gaudreau, Mullane, and Arnold together, hope you can get 2 or 3 goals from that loan, more or less punt the thought of offense from the other lines and hope that combined with Milner is enough to pull through some points until the reinforcements start making it back.
    For what it's worth, I would be really surprised if Wey and Whitney weren't both back next week.

And I really think getting Alber back is going to make a huge difference... experience on the blue line is at a premium for us at the moment.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Just to continue discussion from the past thread...

Silk can definitely get a pass because he lost a whole year of development and he doesnt get tossed around like a rag doll like the majority of this crew. He will continue to be valuable as he has size and strength. I am betting he will develop. He did ok with good linemates midseason.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Is there any news on a potential Alber return?
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I think Silk can certainly develop into a threat. Obviously it takes the bigger players longer to adjust, then you add in the lost year with the devastating injury, looking forward to watching him progress.

As for Alber, this is what York said after last night:
        "Sometimes, injuries run in streaks," said York. "We've got a lot of good players, so we're not going to dwell on that. We're hoping that down the stretch, we're not going to get (Kevin Hayes) back, that's for sure, but there's a good possibility that we'll get Patch (Alber) back, and I'm hoping Whitney and Wey can get back. But all teams go through it."
        http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/colle...dence-bc-split

Comment

My money is on bc finishing 3rd and drawing merrimack. Wouldn't be an easy series, but compared to alternatives, I'd take it. Someone outlined on EA that BC is still in good shape with the PWR. Important not to overreact to what happened yesterday. Lost whitney, linell on d...

If they can get healthy, then let's see where they go and against who.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            My money is on bc finishing 3rd and drawing merrimack. Wouldn't be an easy series, but compared to alternatives, I'd take it. Someone outlined on EA that BC is still in good shape with the PWR. Important not to overreact to what happened yesterday. Lost whitney, linell on d...

If they can get healthy, then let's see where they go and against who.
            Gotta wonder if Johnny G. is hurt. He dominated at the world juniors until he took a brutal hit and really hasn't been the same player since. I think it was his shoulder, but it makes sense as usually these guys come back from the world juniors and really pick up their game but with Gadreau it's been just the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              Gotta wonder if Johnny G. is hurt. He dominated at the world juniors until he took a brutal hit and really hasn't been the same player since. I think it was his shoulder, but it makes sense as usually these guys come back from the world juniors and really pick up their game but with Gadreau it's been just the opposite.
              He's just lazy. He blew at the WJC the first three games and then he picked it up so it's him being lazy more than anything else.

Comment

Some more great insight from the fraudulent troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutha Fucha View Post
                  He's just lazy. He blew at the WJC the first three games and then he picked it up so it's him being lazy more than anything else.
                  In all three games against PC, he was a non-factor with a crappy goal in the first game. If you told anyone that he was up for the Hobey Baker Award after those three performances, they would have laughed at you.
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

That's assuming those were the only three games said person saw him play, which in your case is probably true. BC sux, pc rulz.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      That's assuming those were the only three games said person saw him play, which in your case is probably true. BC sux, pc rulz.
                      I just recognize he is able to play much better then this. He showed up for what two games in the Juniors and was a non-factor for the majority of it. He needs to be more consistent if he wants to follow in the footsteps of Brian Gionta and Nathan Gerbe of being a small BC forward to have a solid NHL career.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Yes and No, I think it depends on his conditioning and getting into the flow of the game quickly which is hard to do when you've been out a long time. I'm crossing my fingers on it but wouldn't bet the house on it.

I'm fearful of Linnell on D but what can you do when you have injuries like this. Jeke has been a pleasant surprise though. PC is a kind of team I fear as they hit very hard physically and BC has suffered injuries to them this season. BC has to protect themselves against this type of team, intentional or not.

It seems BC is on a pattern of winning every other year. Next year's class is sick.

Saw the basketball team win a thriller at the end today but they're still rebuilding and maybe next year they can excel.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          In all three games against PC, he was a non-factor with a crappy goal in the first game. If you told anyone that he was up for the Hobey Baker Award after those three performances, they would have laughed at you.
                          It seems to me the only time you post is when Providence wins a few games....Johny hockey will be a very productive NHL player..and PS you should change your name to Ex-LAX...dope

Comment

Originally posted by hockey east fan View Post
                            It seems to me the only time you post is when Providence wins a few games....Johny hockey will be a very productive NHL player..and PS you should change your name to Ex-LAX...dope
                            Bingo. Zlax you should go drink some Draino. Maybe PC will take less than 5 years for another win vs BC.

Comment

A quick look at the HE standings suggests that the only way for BC to end up in 1st is for them to sweep Vermont while Providence and Lowell battle each other to two ties. Is that about it?
                              Chris V
                              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Working...
                              X