Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Agreed... huge year with him, BA and JG next season
    calgary won't make a push for jg?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Is he 100 percent going to be healthy next year after all those surgeries? I also think Straight may "break out" next year. Throw in Fitz, Cangelosi and Calnan and they could certainly cobble together a couple scoring lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        calgary won't make a push for jg?
        No chance
        Would get hurt. Couple years away

Comment

JG said around beanpot time 3 probably 4 years at BC. Needs to add serious weight still.

Straight is never going to come around. Take the mulligan on him and worry about the other 17 (holes or scholarships).

I'd really just like to see BC stop playing soft hockey. Maybe hit someone once in a while and even protect the crease area. Did you watch Lowell last night protect that area last night even after a whistle. Stood out because you sure as heck don't see BC do it. If half these guys can play tough hockey I will be happy.
          Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 03-24-2013, 02:08 PM.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            potty train him
            LOL, freaking Mookie

Good point. Another champ ring for him...... only kid In Hockey East to win a Natl champ, Beanpot and a reg season and tourn title with two different teams.
            i guess that's a good thing, two different teams i mean

Agreed... huge year with him, BA and JG next season
            hope they're all back

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              JG said around beanpot time 3 probably 4 years at BC. Needs to add serious weight still.

Straight is never going to come around. Take the mulligan on him and worry about the other 17 (holes or scholarships).

I'd really just like to see BC stop playing soft hockey. Maybe hit someone once in a while and even protect the crease area. Did you watch Lowell last night protect that area last night even after a whistle. Stood out because you sure as heck don't see BC do it. If half these guys can play tough hockey I will be happy.
              can't disagree with anything here, all points, spot on

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                Is he 100 percent going to be healthy next year after all those surgeries? I also think Straight may "break out" next year. Throw in Fitz, Cangelosi and Calnan and they could certainly cobble together a couple scoring lines.
                Thought the same thing this season but, I'm in believe it when I see it mode with Straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  Thought the same thing this season but, I'm in believe it when I see it mode with Straight.
                  When all is said and done, Straight will have come close to doubling his PPG from Freshmen to Sophmore year. Probably never going to put up 50 points, but keep in mind that Steve Whitney only had 16 points in his Sophmore year and look what he did as a senior. Lots of BCHL kids end up being late bloomers.

Comment

Straight's no Whitney. SW has better skating passing vision and shooting skills. By a large margin on all of those things.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Straight also has played much of 2 years playing top 6 minutes, including last year w 2 1st rounders

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        Straight's no Whitney. SW has better skating passing vision and shooting skills. By a large margin on all of those things.
                        Agreed.Whitney is the key to teams playoff success even more so then JD
                        PC series showed that

Comment

Notre Dame looking pretty good right now. Up 2-1 in the 3rd and going into full put you to sleep mode.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            Straight also has played much of 2 years playing top 6 minutes, including last year w 2 1st rounders
                            Straight was a big swing and a miss but in reality probably didn't affect this team as much as the introduction of so many young guys to the d corps. Losing Dumoulin early which was to be expected in addition to the losses due to graduation (Shea, Cross) hurt this team for the current season. Hopefully the experience gained by the young D will pay dividends starting next season.
                            Last edited by REDMEN2002; 03-24-2013, 03:10 PM.
                            National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                            Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                            Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                            two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                            b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

^ not so much swinging and missing on Straight but swinging and missing on every forward freshman or sophomore to this point, not named JG who fell into their lap

Comment

Congrats on another great season to you all. I really enjoyed Friday's game but to no avail. Too little too late for my team. Looking at the projected Providence bracket it looks as though the Eagles are FF bound. QU hasn't really beaten anybody and my hunch is that they'll fold when playing you all. Best of Luck.
                                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X