The 2013 Tournament Speculation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2013 Tournament Speculation Thread

Post Away. Show is @ 10 PM. Don't forget Ray comes on line and on the air around 8 and we have 2 hours of non stop coverage until the great reveal...

The 2013 "My team got screwed" thread will be up right after the selection show.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: The 2013 Tournament Speculation Thread

This might be the first year where everything is fairly black and white in regards to who gets in. Although, the "screw" part will be with the seedings and match ups.
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
      This might be the first year where everything is fairly black and white in regards to who gets in. Although, the "screw" part will be with the seedings and match ups.
      It not who you you play, it's if you play. As long as you are playing somebody, you have a shot at the title. If you lose, then it really doesn't matter if that loss is at the Utica Aud, or in Lake Placid. If you lose, you aren't national champion.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

People may not like it, but I agree with what the other site says:

Oswego maintains its position at 3E based on the committee's desire to make sure the Lakers host any matchup against Adrian (which they would so long as they are seeded the same as or higher than). Norwich stays at E1 because Mike McShane, the team's coach, chairs the East regional committee.
        Oswego should not be at 3E, but it is what is is. The other site has them playing Wednesday and then a potential QF matchup at Utica. I like that very much. I would definitely head for the Aud for that game (assuming the NCAA accepts Utica's bid to host)

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post

Oswego should not be at 3E, but it is what is is. The other site has them playing Wednesday and then a potential QF matchup at Utica. I like that very much. I would definitely head for the Aud for that game (assuming the NCAA accepts Utica's bid to host)
          Can I wear my Plattsburgh jersey and sit with the Laker fans? Ill even wear the black one so it doesnt stick out lol
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I think the hand-wringing will be about the seeding. The field seems pretty cut and dry. Anyone want to take a stab at what they think the pairings will be?
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              Can I wear my Plattsburgh jersey and sit with the Laker fans? Ill even wear the black one so it doesnt stick out lol
              Absolutely. You must wear your red so you do stick out. I was going to say I would buy you a beer but the NCAA won't allow it
              2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
              2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
              2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
              2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                ...this time of year, a Brother From Another Mother is always welcome...
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post

Does the other site have all play-ins in the east?

If so, have they entertained the thought of the brackets producing one western team to Lake Placid with Adrian staying in the western bracket? Thus, two play-ins in the west with Adrian going to SNC, and the two lowest seeds in the east playing on Wednesday.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    Does the other site have all play-ins in the east?

If so, have they entertained the thought of the brackets producing one western team to Lake Placid with Adrian staying in the western bracket? Thus, two play-ins in the west with Adrian going to SNC, and the two lowest seeds in the east playing on Wednesday.
                    I read the other site. Besides a few things I don't buy, I will say this -- don't be surprised if two play-ins are in the west. I'm kind of 50/50 that might happen.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      I read the other site. Besides a few things I don't buy, I will say this -- don't be surprised if two play-ins are in the west. I'm kind of 50/50 that might happen.
                      The other site has a poll with 4 possibilities, this being one of them. I don't think two west play-in games should happen based on the numbers, but I think it will as well. Expect the committee to do something unexpected.
                      "You can always get someone to do your thinking for you."

—Gordie Howe after being asked why players always wear a cup, but not always a helmet

Comment

Originally posted by Checking Line View Post
                        The other site has a poll with 4 possibilities, this being one of them. I don't think two west play-in games should happen based on the numbers, but I think it will as well. Expect the committee to do something unexpected.
                        It's not so much the numbers, but getting three eastern teams to Lake Placid.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Adrian getting shipped east for a playin can't happen, almost HAS to be for a QF. Does the west get screwed w 2 playins?

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                            Adrian getting shipped east for a playin can't happen, almost HAS to be for a QF. Does the west get screwed w 2 playins?

r
                            Why not? They could go to Oswego on Wednesday.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                              . Does the west get screwed w 2 playins?
                              r
                              Called this yesterday:

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post
                              I think the West will get screwed just like last year. If last year's formula is used then the West gets two play ins, St Johns at WEC, and Adrian at St Norbert. One play in in the East, Umass at Wentworth (or vice versa).

Quarterfinals would then be West play in winners, East play in winner vs Norwich, Oswego hosting Bowdoin, and Utica hosting Babson. (If Williams wins, Babson goes to Oswego and Williams goes to Utica).
                              93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                              2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X