CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

After winning their first game in St. Cloud since '98, Michigan Tech returns home for senior weekend, and a pair of dates with the team they've eliminated from the playoffs three times in 19 years. Scotty Owens must be relieved that these teams will no longer be in the same conference next year.

Discuss.

Re: CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    After winning their first game in St. Cloud since '98, Michigan Tech returns home for senior weekend, and a pair of dates with the team they've eliminated from the playoffs three times in 19 years. Scotty Owens must be relieved that these teams will no longer be in the same conference next year.

Discuss.
    I think Tech has a great chance at a sweep. They are at home, on small ice, and cc is not that good away from the springs. Will be tough of course but can be done.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Go Tech!

Comment

Big chance for momentum for the Huskies.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The subtitle for this thread is:
          Two games that WON'T determine who actually wins the Cup this weekend.

I can't wait to see how the final weekend shakes out. Hard to believe that WI, currently in 4th, could by the thinnest of chances win the cup, but could also not get home ice all in the span of two games! Sucks to be Bucky.

Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            The subtitle for this thread is:
            Two games that WON'T determine who actually wins the Cup this weekend.

I can't wait to see how the final weekend shakes out. Hard to believe that WI, currently in 4th, could by the thinnest of chances win the cup, but could also not get home ice all in the span of two games! Sucks to be Bucky.

Ryan J
            I just want to see us end up in Madison. Pure selfishness there... but I want to go so some more games
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Hey! Keep it down in here! I can't hear myself think with all this passionate hockey talk.

OK, it's Friday, begin. Blake is due for a breakout game, Rixx speed/energy line will produce, and Siego gives the home crowd two farewell goals.

Comment

Big win for the Huskies tonight, 2-0 shutout in Jamie Phillips first start in front of the home crowd. Michigan Tech retained "the Belt" and will go for the sweep tomorrow night. Currently UMD is winning so if that happens and BSU loses, tomorrow is meaningless to MTU from a standings standpoint.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I didn't get to listen at all being in Europe but it sounded like a very defensive game, which is surprising. I wonder if CC has been shut out all year. Can anyone enlighten me on the game? And what about the crowd? Do we see Genoe tonight?
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    I didn't get to listen at all being in Europe but it sounded like a very defensive game, which is surprising. I wonder if CC has been shut out all year. Can anyone enlighten me on the game? And what about the crowd? Do we see Genoe tonight?
                    Tech played a great defensive game and smothered CC's offensive talent. Crowd = 2,639. Colorado has been shut out once, 2-0 by Cornell in October.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                      Tech played a great defensive game and smothered CC's offensive talent. Crowd = 2,639. Colorado has been shut out once, 2-0 by Cornell in October.
                      Impressive to shut them down. They've got the ability to score pretty much at will. They've had a very strange season.
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

I was really hoping for more offense from MTU given the number of goals CC has given up this year, but a win is a win and I'll take it. I'm still amazed at the fact that a team with 30 points won't have home ice this season.
                        Ryan J
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

[QUOTE=JohnsonsJerseys;5662099) I'm still amazed at the fact that a team with 30 points won't have home ice this season.
                          Ryan J[/QUOTE]

I know. Amazing end to the season. Should lead to a great postseason. Could be some surprising results in the first round.
                          Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                            I know. Amazing end to the season. Should lead to a great postseason. Could be some surprising results in the first round.
                            I don't think I'll be surprised by any upsets (if they occur) in 3 vs 10 through 6 vs 7 match-ups this year. I don't think that the gap between the teams is all that large this season (the higher seeded teams may have been more consistant over the course of the season but I don't think they hold the same raw talent level advantage that they have in the past

Comment

Working...
                            X