X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

Let the beeaching continue

Re: Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

Maine is playing much better thats for sure. Good luck in Durham next weekend.

Comment

Taking the glass half full approach....assuming they grab the 8th spot. who would you rather play, BC, UHN, Prov, UML?

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
        Taking the glass half full approach....assuming they grab the 8th spot. who would you rather play, BC, UHN, Prov, UML?
        In my opinion, Maine is capable of winning one game at UNH and the Minutemen can take one from Merrimack. I like Maine's chances against the River Hawks simply because Maine has had success against them in the past. This may not be the same River Hawk team though, as they appear to be peaking at the right time.

Comment

Did I give them an ovation? **** straight I did. Everytime I talk with Tyler I swear I have gone back 20 years, he looks and sounds so much like his dad. On Friday night I was reminiscing with his mom about times in the old hockey office (which is now WIH). They are both special people and deserved a better reception from the Maine faithful.

I realize the reputation I have with many of you. Some have gone so far as to say I hated him. You don't understand how much he meant to me and how disappointing it was when the NCAA violations came to light. I try to remember the man I knew but admit those cloud my perspective...as does the blind hero worship I see here on a regular basis. He wasn't a hero. He was a man capable of great deeds and horrific acts. He did not pull someone from a burning building or rescue a friend pinned down by sniper fire. He was a hockey coach. Remembering that does not mean I hate him.

Comment

I think they could play all four tough and push it to a 3 games series...not winning it,but "IF" Ouellette plays as well and up to the task they could give all four fits,but I'll rank them in order of 1 thru 4,1-4 being the most likey to beat: 1.PC 2.UML 3.BC 4.UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Did I give them an ovation? **** straight I did. Everytime I talk with Tyler I swear I have gone back 20 years, he looks and sounds so much like his dad. On Friday night I was reminiscing with his mom about times in the old hockey office (which is now WIH). They are both special people and deserved a better reception from the Maine faithful.

I realize the reputation I have with many of you. He wasn't a hero. He was a man capable of horrific acts.
              horrific?
              really?

I wonder if you will be up at Alfond next year if Grant and Jimmy are back
              Last edited by KnowItAll; 03-03-2013, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Let the beeaching continue
                I hear you...I'll "TRY" to to tone it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  I think they could play all four tough and push it to a 3 games series...not winning it,but "IF" Ouellette plays as well and up to the task they could give all four fits,but I'll rank them in order of 1 thru 4,1-4 being the most likey to beat: 1.PC 2.UML 3.BC 4.UNH
                  Right now, I don't see the Bears beating PC in a best of 3 series, and if it's any consolation, I don't see any other team beating them either right now (maybe UML, but if they were to be a 1st round matchup.) I see PC playing on Saturday night in the Garden, and maybe winning.
                  We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                  ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                  --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

PC has an absolutely fantastic goalie
                    Lowell just found that they have a fantastic goalie... if he shuts out MC today, I have to think that Maine has no chance against them
                    BC has Jerry York, and a kid who was supposed to be in serious consideration for the Hobey and has been fading lately... Johnny might wake back up and Maine will have no chance.
                    UNH... well we will see if Maine has a snowballl's chance against Henrion and DeSmith on an olympic sheet very soon.
                    With Lomberg as the only player who can turn a corner (against bad D), I do not see Maine keeping up with UNH on a big sheet.

If Alfie Ouelette plays this weekend and next, Maine has a chance against anyone.
                    that said, what are the odds that Umilie gets a detached retina sometime this week?... that seemed to be the key to the BC series.

Comment

I don't see Maine stealing a point - assuming UNH is up for the series the way they have been for the past 15 years or so.

If UNH tries to give one away, though, all bets are off. It's up to the Wildcats. How much does Umile hate Maine? (I kid. Sort of).

If Maine does get 8th, I don't really care who they face.

Scratch that. I hope it's BC. No guts no glory. This team's going nowhere this season. The most I can hope for is some postseason experience for the newcomers. And since the postseason will be over after one round . . . might as well get as much as you can in that round. I have to think BC will be looking forward to seeing Maine for another 2 @ Conte. It'll either be a gigantic confidence boost if Maine steals a win, or a good measuring stick to show the frosh what they should aspire to achieve by March 2014 or 15.
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        He wasn't a hero. He was a man capable of great deeds and horrific acts. He did not pull someone from a burning building or rescue a friend pinned down by sniper fire. He was a hockey coach. Remembering that does not mean I hate him.
                        I don't think any of us feel any different, we are on here talking hockey, as far as hockey goes, he was a great coach.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The only way Maine makes the playoffs is to back in, UMass has to help
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Shouldnt the title of this thread be "Fade to Back"?

No chance at UHN...its their NC series and that vaunted RS title is theirs to grab. So yeah, MC has to basically sweep UMass for Maine to get in, and that aint happening. I expect UMass to get a tie in one game and they win the tie breaker, so its over.

I think this team has the talent to win at Doorham, but they dont have the coaching or drive to do it. Its just not possible.
                            sure why not

Comment

I think it would be pretty cool if UMass doesn't earn any points next weekend and Maine gets swept so that UNH can hope to claim 1st if the chips fall that way and have Maine play UNH for the playoffs the week after too.

Comment

Working...
                              X