Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

It was a rebuilding year. No sweat. Cut some slack. Things will get better. Rest assured we have a great storied program and it will continue to shine so we all can enjoy and be proud of Black Bear hockey.

Comment

I can't tell if you guys are being serious, because at the end of the day, Maine has still only made the NCAA's once in the past what, 6 years, and since then has gone a combined 95-101-27. And guess what, you may have some good freshmen, but so do other teams; and last I checked, BC has about 6 or 7 potential future All Americans coming in next year to boot. What you see is what you get with TIMMAY, lots of below average to poor years, with an occasional NCAA appearance when all the stars align. You're kidding yourselves if you judge him on the initial success he had in those first few years following Walsh and when he had Standbrook around, because that wasn't the real TIMMAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        Let's count the ways you're full of **** in this post.

1. It was Fallon, not Suter who is being discussed as the player who might have hand passed it.

2. You can't pick that up on the highlights. Oh, how do I know? Because the Maine player is directly in the way of the puck once the puck hits the ice. It definitely is gloved down, but after that point it's impossible to tell if he gets his stick on it or not.

But thanks for playing.
        My bad. You're absolutely right, it was Fallon. But IMHO it was still a hand pass. Good Luck moving forward.

Comment

Let's all wish him good health and hope that he can overcome this illness. IMO, He's an important piece to the puzzle.
          Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Good job. I am hopeful Connor Leen will be able to return and compete next year. He is struggling with Crohn's disease.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
            It was a rebuilding year. No sweat. Cut some slack. Things will get better. Rest assured we have a great storied program and it will continue to shine so we all can enjoy and be proud of Black Bear hockey.
            Agreed. Everyone has a down season now and then. Coach Whitehead has done a tremendous job at the helm. We couldn't ask for a better coach and mentor for these young men.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              I can't tell if you guys are being serious, because at the end of the day, Maine has still only made the NCAA's once in the past what, 6 years, and since then has gone a combined 95-101-27. And guess what, you may have some good freshmen, but so do other teams; and last I checked, BC has about 6 or 7 potential future All Americans coming in next year to boot. What you see is what you get with TIMMAY, lots of below average to poor years, with an occasional NCAA appearance when all the stars align. You're kidding yourselves if you judge him on the initial success he had in those first few years following Walsh and when he had Standbrook around, because that wasn't the real TIMMAY.
              We don't need fans of other programs coming on here and telling us how we should feel about our coach and program. Coach Whitehead will have Maine back on top sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll
                why are you being a richard about it?
                there is a big difference between what we see on the crap youtube feed and what BUnyon got to see on the overhead camera... and so what if he got the player's name wrong? jesus, that does not alter what happened... not everyone knows the difference between all of the no name players... I can see you should be upset if someone does not know who Wilson is, but Suter and fallon? I thought it ws number 28... and I do not even care to look at your roster to see who that is.
                1. The play-by-play guy says his name. You didn't need to look anything up.

2. I'm not the one who stated unequivocally that it was or was not a hand pass. I said it was obvious that you couldn't tell from that video, a statement which you seem to agree with.

3. Bunyon seems to think it wasn't a hand pass, you know, considering the goal stood up.

Enjoy your off-season.
                Lowell Forever
                Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                  I did. I was in section 123 row 2; it was right in front of me. It was more of a stomp then kick.
                  describe it?
                  what led up to it,
                  was the Lowell player lying on the ice when it happened, were they both lying on the ice?
                  and who called it? the linesman? because it happened about 150 feet from the play.

Comment

if it is the shot to the side of Peave's knee, I agree, I was there and it was uncalled for and that shot alone made me lose some respect for Prestin, but Wally is right, Peave's was dirty and he got away with things that nobody else in the history of the league got away with, and it was sick to watch, as it is was the first time I had any reason to believe that Jerry did not run a totally clean program
                    We'll have to agree to disagree on PEaves style of play, but as I said before, the game was basically over, the players were all on their own end of the ice and had stopped "playing", the crowd started to get up and cheer and the BC players were starting to head over to congratulate the goalie and then Ryan decides to skate about 100 feet at full speed and goes flying into PEaves knees, totally blindsiding him and sending him flying arse over tea kettle. Any hit at that point would have been dirty, but when you factor in all of the above it was pretty close to the Voce hit in my eyes, more like WWF than hockey.
                    Last edited by carltonbarrett; 03-17-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                      Yes, we know. That is why Maine has had so little success against a juggernaut like BC recently.

Comment

I think the major difference between guys like PEaves and Ryan/Diamond types is that while they are all chippy and play with an edge, oftentimes pushing the limits of clean play, Ryan and Diamond have both absolutely lost it on several occasions (i.e. the Voce & Eaves hits, kicking, etc) and quite frankly were un-coachable at times (see Diamond this weekend). Again, not saying PEaves was an angle, but he never came close to reaching the pinnacle of "over the top" dirty play like those other two did.
                        Last edited by carltonbarrett; 03-17-2013, 10:43 AM.

Comment

and it is difficult to converse with someone knowing that he thinks that when Peaves skated backward, blindly in to a clothesline, being held up by one Maine player and one BC player, that the Maine player cheap shotted Peaves, then I have no idea if you are just spewing JDisms and do not even care if you are making sense
                          Is blaming Liscak any worse than blaming Eaves for the Exter injury? Nobody except Liscak knows what his true intentions were and even the Boston Herald confirmed that by stating:

"The circumstances surrounding the incident, which occured slightly behind the play, were hazy".

You'd like to think it wasn't intentional, but the bottom line is that Liscak was yanking at one end of a stick that clotheslined and broke a guys neck and that fact can't be argued. Furthermore, if two guys are each yanking on a stick, how does the stick end up at neck level? Seems to me the stick would be more at waste or chest level if there were no shenanigans going on?
                          Last edited by carltonbarrett; 03-17-2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

......... bunyon thought that there was not enough video evidence to overturn the call on the ice, not that "it was not a hand pass" .........
                            I agree with this. The winning goal may very well have been a hand pass. Only the player knows and I doubt he's talking.

Comment

Well, if the BC player hadn't been holding Liscak's stick, then Liscak never would have had to be yanking on it, would he?
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Well, if the BC player hadn't been holding Liscak's stick, then Liscak never would have had to be yanking on it, would he?
                                ....yeah, and if Exter hadn't at the last second dove head first into a charging Eaves' knees, he probably wouldn't have gotten creamed; two can play at that game.
                                Last edited by carltonbarrett; 03-17-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X