Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

you clowns (hawkeytown, riverchief1) know that Onion Man as a Brown fan is a ruse right?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      The two cheapest hits I've seen in close to 30 years of watching HE were both courtesy of Mr Ryan. He may have cleaned his act up by his senior year, but his hit on Voce ten seconds after he scored a goal couldn't have been more shocking if he'd pulled out an axe and sunk it into Voce's skull. His late game hip check on Pat Eaves where he came flying in from nowhere and sent him flying arse over tea kettle in what was the final seconds of a BC blowout and where both sides had pretty much stopped skating and Eaves was just skating in circles down near his goalie letting the clock wind down was a close second.
      Chris
      You think a hip check was one of the cheapest hits you've ever seen in 30 years of HE? I'll have what you are smoking. Peaves was a cheap little P rick and you have no idea what was being said on the ice, the clock was still running and you're POed because Prestin didn't quit until the horn rang, get a grip

I'll give you the hit on Voce although he was carving up Prestin all game, he didn't do that any more did he?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
        you clowns (hawkeytown, riverchief1) know that Onion Man as a Brown fan is a ruse right?
        I do, I don't think he did though.

My guess is Whitehead is gone btw from what I've heard in the grapevine but you never know until it happens. And when you guys got him after Lowell canned him, we tried to warn all of you he'd run your program into the ground but were dismissed. He took Lowell's mid-1990s program that was doing well and 2x in NCAAs and flushed it down the toilet after Crowder left.
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
          The two cheapest hits I've seen in close to 30 years of watching HE were both courtesy of Mr Ryan. He may have cleaned his act up by his senior year, but his hit on Voce ten seconds after he scored a goal couldn't have been more shocking if he'd pulled out an axe and sunk it into Voce's skull. His late game hip check on Pat Eaves where he came flying in from nowhere and sent him flying arse over tea kettle in what was the final seconds of a BC blowout and where both sides had pretty much stopped skating and Eaves was just skating in circles down near his goalie letting the clock wind down was a close second.
          That was one of the best things I've ever seen in my life. Best part was little Ben eaves tried to retaliate and got kicked out as well. Two for one special!

And BTW, what happened to Maine not reaching 15 wins? If my math is correct they ended with exactly that many.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
            . And when you guys got him after Lowell canned him, we tried to warn all of you he'd run your program into the ground but were dismissed.
            Not all of us dismissed it, there was at least 5 of us who didn't
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Awesome. It's been, what? 2 weeks since you posted the same whine? I'll mark my calendar and expect it again the weekend of the regionals. Clown.
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Not all of us dismissed it, there was at least 5 of us who didn't
                Maybe he's been planning for this day?

Tim Whitehead opens Jeep store in Alabama
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Uh what math are you using? Maine has 11 wins

Comment

Suter directs puck to ice with his hand; puck does not touch his stick, skate or any other part of his body. Next stop is Arnolds stick. If I can pick this up on Hockey East highlights, how is is it missed by the officials scrutinizing the reply? Maine players and their fans deserve better. Refs have to stsrt getting it right and let the players dcide the game
                    Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
                    Yet another horrible call. Obvious hand pass. These refs are horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
                      Suter directs puck to ice with his hand; puck does not touch his stick, skate or any other part of his body. Next stop is Arnolds stick. If I can pick this up on Hockey East highlights, how is is it missed by the officials scrutinizing the reply? Maine players and their fans deserve better. Refs have to stsrt getting it right and let the players dcide the game
                      Go to the 2:50 mark to see what happened http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=hsV4L4XkVe8#!
                      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

I take a look at the series and look ahead to the future for Maine hockey.

http://sbn.to/16AcOAm
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

In an all-too-common March refrain during the Tim Whitehead era:

FORE!!!!
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
                            Let's count the ways you're full of **** in this post.

1. It was Fallon, not Suter who is being discussed as the player who might have hand passed it.

2. You can't pick that up on the highlights. Oh, how do I know? Because the Maine player is directly in the way of the puck once the puck hits the ice. It definitely is gloved down, but after that point it's impossible to tell if he gets his stick on it or not.

But thanks for playing.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Chris
                              You think a hip check was one of the cheapest hits you've ever seen in 30 years of HE? I'll have what you are smoking. Peaves was a cheap little P rick and you have no idea what was being said on the ice, the clock was still running and you're POed because Prestin didn't quit until the horn rang, get a grip
                              Wally, I was at the game and saw the play unfold right in front of me, you were not and take my word for it when I tell you that it was totally uncalled for and could have caused serious injury.

Comment

Wally, I was at the game and saw the play unfold right in front of me, you were not and take my word for it when I tell you that it was totally uncalled for and could have caused serious injury.
                                You mean like when Peaves steamrolled Joe Exter?
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X