Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Stop playing with the Maine fans, series is over and Diamond is history.
    he is a brown hockey fan trolling the Maine fans. Go back in the thread and you will see. You will also see that I have kudos to the team.
    "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
    make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
      Why is there a Brown and Lowell fan arguing in the Maine thread. Go somewhere else. We don't care and don't want to read your stupid posts anymore.

That said. I hope Joey feels like chit today. Congrats and good luck to the seniors, sorry you didn't get to enjoy the success that others have. Proud of the way this team actually fought in the 2nd half. Nobody likes a quitter and you guy's were far from that.
      I am trying to have him catch the bait in the brown thread. But he is too much of a moron. I was trying to defend you guys. Anyway again good series.
      "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
      make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Re: Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

Difficult season and did not finish in a pleasant way. Team improved dramatically over the course of the season but not enough to advance. Lots of ties and one goal losses. Won the Florida Tournament and defeated BC twice. A good nucleus of players returning along with good goal tending. Best wishes to the seniors in your future endeavours.

Comment

Typical Whitehead quoted in the BDN saying he sympathized with Diamond and how Maine wouldn't have been here without him and how he's a fierce competitor. Reminds me of how Deval Patrick only has good things to say about all his commissioners after they end up "stepping down" amidst major scandals.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
            Typical Whitehead quoted in the BDN saying he sympathized with Diamond and how Maine wouldn't have been here without him and how he's a fierce competitor. Reminds me of how Deval Patrick only has good things to say about all his commissioners after they end up "stepping down" amidst major scandals.
            Can someone link the TW comments? I am on a cell phone and searching is a major PITA. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Can someone link the TW comments? I am on a cell phone and searching is a major PITA. Thanks.
              read the Bangor daily news

Maine coach Tim Whitehead said he was proud of his team.

“They battled and fought hard against a real good team,” said Whitehead. “This team has come a long way. It doesn’t even resemble the team they were early in the season.”

He sympathized with Diamond.

“You live by the sword and die by the sword,” said Whitehead. “If it wasn’t for Joey, we wouldn’t even be here. He scored some big goals for us. But he had a tough night. He is a fierce competitor.”
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

So is sandie being serious?

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                  On a related subject, LOL at the Prestin Ryan - Diamond comparisons over on the other thread..
                  I agree, no comparison other than they both took penalties.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    So is sandie being serious?
                    One is never quite sure with Sandie.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      read the Bangor daily news
                      like I said, searching around on this thing is a major pain. I usually only visit sites I have bookmarked.

"tough night"? No, his teammates had a tough night. He was a selfish little ***** who still doesn't get it. (and no Joey, I'm not speaking for anyone else, that's my own opinion)

Comment

It's not even an opinion...it's fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          I agree, no comparison other than they both took penalties.
                          The two cheapest hits I've seen in close to 30 years of watching HE were both courtesy of Mr Ryan. He may have cleaned his act up by his senior year, but his hit on Voce ten seconds after he scored a goal couldn't have been more shocking if he'd pulled out an axe and sunk it into Voce's skull. His late game hip check on Pat Eaves where he came flying in from nowhere and sent him flying arse over tea kettle in what was the final seconds of a BC blowout and where both sides had pretty much stopped skating and Eaves was just skating in circles down near his goalie letting the clock wind down was a close second.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                            his hit on Voce ten seconds after he scored a goal couldn't have been more shocking if he'd pulled out an axe and sunk it into Voce's skull.
                            Ah, Voce, that little lumberjack. Now there's a better comparison for Diamond.

Don't get me wrong. Diamond still wins, going away . . .
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                              I wonder if Shore sticks around. In my opinion, he is the very best player on the team... I have not seen anyone protect the puck like he does since Crosby, with that huge, wide stance and open wingspan.
                              The kid sure is a player. He was the only one on Maine who made me get antsy when he had the puck this series.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                                That would make sense. From the writeups, it sounds more like Diamond fell to the ice, got tangled with a UML player, tried to get up, saw his skate was stuck, got frustrated and . . . stomp.

On a related subject, LOL at the Prestin Ryan - Diamond comparisons over on the other thread. Different players. Ryan was a big strong guy who could skate. He had a mean streak - tried to turn his hip into a lethal weapon - but by the end of his college career, he had enough discipline to be situational about it. He sometimes took himself out of the play by lining up a hip check and whiffing on it, but he definitely got more responsible about that stuff over time. Not to mention: find me a box score where he took 2 majors and a misconduct in an elimination game.
                                ryan's senior season, +34

diamond +16 over the last two years...

and despite his checkered past, ryan managed to impress MAV of all people... the guy was a one man break-out

Comment

Working...
                                X