Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Maine was in the Hockey East final last season. Was also in the final in 2010. Maine was in Worcester for an NCAA regional last year. Guess you were busy?

Tell you what, I have extra tickets in the club section for the Friday night's games. I'll spot you and your son a pair so you can see the semi-final games...who knows, Maine may even be there again. EMail me and we can make arrangements.

--

BTW, if you are booking hotels in Lowell, might want to hurry. I just had the price jump $10/night. Got a room in Tewksbury to keep the price low. The hotel at UML is already booked.

Front row, center ice both nights. Not shabby.

Daddy Obama is paying you well.
    When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Maine vs Boston College in the early game at the Garden, followed by Providence vs Boston University.
      It will actually be Providence or UNH against Maine in the early game.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
        Daddy Obama is paying you well.
        Actually, I have private insurance. Nice try at politicizing the thread tho!

Originally posted by mickeyj65 View Post
        It will actually be Providence or UNH against Maine in the early game.
        The teams are reseeded, so assuming #2 Boston College defeats #7 Vermont and #8 Maine defeats #1 Lowell, the Eagles will be the highest remaining seed and get Maine.

Comment

The definition of mixed emotions:

1) Watching your mother-in-law drive over a cliff in your new Cadillac...

2) Our favorite hockey team finishes the season strong and saves the coaches job....

Comment

Does any one know if it should be a problem to get tics at the door on thurs night? Is there any particular part of the arena where Maine fans will be sitting?

Comment

Originally posted by '93,'99,?? View Post
              Does any one know if it should be a problem to get tics at the door on thurs night? Is there any particular part of the arena where Maine fans will be sitting?
              Visiting team is listed as 114 and 115. Usually tickets are available but where this is the playoffs, who knows. Right now a 4-block of tickets is available in the 5th row of section 118.

Comment

The teams are reseeded, so assuming #2 Boston College defeats #7 Vermont and #8 Maine defeats #1 Lowell, the Eagles will be the highest remaining seed and get Maine.
                Right, I saw a bracket that didn't take the reseeding into consideration.

Comment

Have been quiet this year and many times have expressed my displeasure with the direction of the team. Having said that I also have been encouraged by the freshmen class and the fact that we seem to finally have a goaltender.

Yesterday had the pleasure of sitting at the Whittemore for the finale, and frankly was expecting a UNH win as they had more to play for and were the "better" team. What I saw was a determined, and dare I say well coached hockey team play a very good hockey game and while the final result was a tie I left the arena feeling very good about the future of Maine Hockey!

There have been a number of years that Maine would get out of the gate fast and then do a second half fade. This team went the other way and really found their identity, not to mention some scoring. I am not predicting Maine will beat Lowell but they will certainly not lay down.

I am staying out of the coach debate, not my decision, and I never want to see Maine battle for an 8th spot again! I expect Maine to have home ice every year, and with Notre Dame joining next year and the improvement of PC and Lowell it will be even more difficult. But I do know that whomever the coach is next year we have a goaltender, a strong Sophomore class, and what appears to be a strong Freshmen class. Biggest question mark next year will be on defense where we lose Nemec and Cornell who have been solid d-men for Maine. Rutt, Hutton, and O'Connor will need to be very good.

Look forward to seeing the games at Tsongas to see if Maine can continue to give opponents fits and play 'til the last whistle!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                    Have been quiet this year and many times have expressed my displeasure with the direction of the team. Having said that I also have been encouraged by the freshmen class and the fact that we seem to finally have a goaltender.

Yesterday had the pleasure of sitting at the Whittemore for the finale, and frankly was expecting a UNH win as they had more to play for and were the "better" team. What I saw was a determined, and dare I say well coached hockey team play a very good hockey game and while the final result was a tie I left the arena feeling very good about the future of Maine Hockey!

There have been a number of years that Maine would get out of the gate fast and then do a second half fade. This team went the other way and really found their identity, not to mention some scoring. I am not predicting Maine will beat Lowell but they will certainly not lay down.

I am staying out of the coach debate, not my decision, and I never want to see Maine battle for an 8th spot again! I expect Maine to have home ice every year, and with Notre Dame joining next year and the improvement of PC and Lowell it will be even more difficult. But I do know that whomever the coach is next year we have a goaltender, a strong Sophomore class, and what appears to be a strong Freshmen class. Biggest question mark next year will be on defense where we lose Nemec and Cornell who have been solid d-men for Maine. Rutt, Hutton, and O'Connor will need to be very good.

Look forward to seeing the games at Tsongas to see if Maine can continue to give opponents fits and play 'til the last whistle!
                    I wholeheartedly agree with most of this post. The one part I disagree with is next year's defense. I think it could be the best group we have had in awhile. Hutton is the real deal, Rutt has a lot of ability and is only going to get better, Riley I have been impressed with since he moved back there and think he will improve, and Renouf is supposed to be be really good. Williams has been a nice surprise and if O' Conner consistently plays like he did yesterday they would make a really nice third pair.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Rutt has played forward for weeks now. Hasn't he? I like him better as a D man
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Rutt has played forward for weeks now. Hasn't he?
                        yup

I figure Timmy is guessing that he is due for the D to F hat trick. Duffy and Reiman had hat tricks when they were put at F, as I recall.... and not a lot of F's had hat tricks under Timmy.

Comment

Brian Flynn just scored against the Flyers.

Comment

Rumor out of BU is that JackPa announces his permanent sailing season on Monday. Might be some pretty powerful motivation for the Terriers in the postseason. Let's keep it classy over in their thread, guys.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              Rumor out of BU is that JackPa announces his permanent sailing season on Monday. Might be some pretty powerful motivation for the Terriers in the postseason. Let's keep it classy over in their thread, guys.
                              because he was so classy his entire career when Shawn was in competition with him?

Comment

Because you would have loved to have had him instead of TIMMAY!
                                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                                X