Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

When KIA makes sense my whole world goes topsy-turvy. I hate that.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
      Oh really
      Sure seems like it.
      I hope Maine backs into the 8th spot and then gets a BC team bent on redemption for the recent embarrasment.
      That doesn't sound like you want them to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Sure seems like it.

That doesn't sound like you want them to win.
        Since I expect them to get swept this weekend, backing into 8th would be a gift. You need to stop worrying about the mental health of college hockey players and your hero, Tim.
        sure why not

Comment

Since I expect them to get swept this weekend, backing into 8th would be a gift. You need to stop worrying about the mental health of college hockey players and your hero, Tim.
          I haven't mentioned the mental health of the hockey players. Just pointing out that you and your ilk support the team so much you want them to lose. You "hope" the team backs in - that would indicate that you want them to lose to UNH on national TV....otherwise you'd say you hoped they won and earned their way into the playoffs. Then you continue with your "hope" that Maine plays a "BC team bent on redemption for the recent embarrasment{sic}" which would indicate that you want Maine to lose the quarterfinal series to Boston College.

Yep...you sure support them. How proud you must be.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            I haven't mentioned the mental health of the hockey players. Just pointing out that you and your ilk support the team so much you want them to lose. You "hope" the team backs in - that would indicate that you want them to lose to UNH on national TV....otherwise you'd say you hoped they won and earned their way into the playoffs. Then you continue with your "hope" that Maine plays a "BC team bent on redemption for the recent embarrasment{sic}" which would indicate that you want Maine to lose the quarterfinal series to Boston College.

Yep...you sure support them. How proud you must be.
            for the record, I HOPE that UMaine men's hockey team wins every game that they play. I was not happy that there is a scarlet-colored 1 in the middle of 42-1-2, but I am also a little more grounded in reality than hoping for perfect, undefeated seasons all the time.

I also wish I that I could fly under my own power, i really do wish that.

Am I a bad fan of "me" because I do not keep trying to fly on my own and I occasionally buy airline tickets (that is, I do what is necessary to achieve goals... like getting to Las Angeles by flying on a plane and not flapping my arms?)

Comment

ooops, we are falling for Jonny's bait once again.

he is getting us to explain WHY Whitehead needs to be ousted after he posts all sorts of gibberish. He is getting us to be the bad guys by posting what his obvious, and all the while, he looks like the good guy.

damm fools... taking the bait hook line and sinker

Comment

Let me simplify this for you Priceless. I hope the players win and the coach loses. Can you grasp that much ? I have no interest or time to play word semantics and implications with you ad nauseum.
                Last edited by all bear; 03-08-2013, 06:06 PM.
                sure why not

Comment

Man, dont I hope UHN kicks the chit outta Maine this weekend. Both games in fact, so we can get rid of Whithead quicker.
                  sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                    When KIA makes sense my whole world goes topsy-turvy. I hate that.
                    Strap yourself in...because that was a great analogy.

No one wants to see these kids or the team fail.

Ben Franklin's definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over, expecting different results. The more we keep things the same, at the same time expecting different results, the more insane this program and the athletic department seems.

just saying...
                    Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

Man, dont I hope UHN kicks the chit outta Maine this weekend. Both games in fact, so we can get rid of Whithead quicker.
                      You just can't resist taking that stick and poking that bear, can you?
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

I think just about everyone here is Ripped & Passionate about the Maine Hockey Program...sometimes the views are in every which direction,but in the long run we all hate the thought of a losing or BAD Hockey Team & Program...I guess the correct word is Frustrating.

Comment

Personally, I want the program to turn around for selfish reasons. I miss taking my son to games. I miss planning a trip to Boston for the HE tourny. I've been going to games with my son since he was 7. He's almost 15 now. It's something we share and are passionate about..together. He's never been to a regional. He's never had the enjoyment of seeing Maine in a NC game. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. It just sucks that I am being deprived of sharing these awesome experiences with him. Don't get me wrong we still do plenty of stuff together. But I ingrained Maine hockey into him and it's always been "our" thing. And to his credit he get's why I don't want to spend the money to travel around New England to go to games.I just hope in the next couple years it turns around and we can share some of these experiences together before he's a grown man...and I'm an old man.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                            We might hope for Walsh and end up getting a Cedorchuk.
                            We've already got a Cedorchuk. Only difference is, he ain't offering everyone and his brother a scholarship.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Big game tonight! Will we bring the grit? We absolutely need to win tonight.!

Comment

Hockey in HD is nice
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X