Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    even a trip to the FF wouldn't be enough.
    Tough crowd, eh Priceless?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      even a trip to the FF wouldn't be enough.
      My heart is with you, but my head says 2 NCAA trips in 3 years, one of 'em to the FF, and he gets a shiny new 3 year extension.
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
        Just a guess but I think if the womens basketball team was competitive at all they'd be playing. Easy to keep a team that's 4-24 home.
        No question if they were the 1 or 2 seed they would have been on the bus! Priceless I don't care if they had 5 healthy players! You play in a league that has a tournament at the end of the season to determine who makes the NC$$ tourney and you pull out because players are having nightmares about getting on a bus!!!! Give me a freakin' break! I mean this is as bad a message as you can send to athletes and to your fan base. We are QUITTERS!! The University is and by extension the team is! I have been Mr. Supporter on this site for years, Mr. apologist and defender of all things Maine and Tim. Well that BobF left the building this year.

Athletics builds a big campaign on renovating the pit and then says whoops maybe not after the gift total was within reach. Athletics also changed how they solicit donations to the extent that after 20 plus years of giving they have not even asked me to give the last two years. And our Athletic Director who I had high hopes for seems to be taking a part time approach! Everyone railed against Blake on this board. But look at what we currently have! A hockey team barely in 8th place, a women's BB team that is 4-24 and HAS QUIT, and a men's hoop team that has what appears to be decent talent, but no one can convince me they are well coached! And they have underperformed. This is one sorry excuse of an athletic department right now and it will take a lot more than a new hockey coach to fix what ails everything in the Memorial Gymnasium offices!
        Last edited by BobF; 03-06-2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
          No question if they were the 1 or 2 seed they would have been on the bus! Priceless I don't care if they had 5 healthy players! You play in a league that has a tournament at the end of the season to determine who makes the NC$$ tourney and you pull out because players are having nightmares about getting on a bus!!!! Give me a freakin' break! I mean this is as bad a message as you can send to athletes and to your fan base. We are QUITTERS!!
          Yea just like all those football players at Marshall!!!
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

No question if they were the 1 or 2 seed they would have been on the bus! Priceless I don't care if they had 5 healthy players! You play in a league that has a tournament at the end of the season to determine who makes the NC$$ tourney and you pull out because players are having nightmares about getting on a bus!!!! Give me a freakin' break! I mean this is as bad a message as you can send to athletes and to your fan base. We are QUITTERS!! The University is and by extension the team is! I have been Mr. Supporter on this site for years, Mr. apologist and defender of all things Maine and Tim. Well that BobF left the building this year.

Athletics builds a big campaign on renovating the pit and then says whoops maybe not after the gift total was within reach. Athletics also changed how they solicit donations to the extent that after 20 plus years of giving they have not even asked me to give the last two years. And our Athletic Director who I had high hopes for seems to be taking a part time approach! Everyone railed against Blake on this board. But look at what we currently have! A hockey team barely in 8th place, a women's BB team that is 4-24 and HAS QUIT, and a men's hoop team that has what appears to be decent talent, but no one can convince me they are well coached! And they have underperformed. This is one sorry excuse of an athletic department right now and it will take a lot more than a new hockey coach to fix what ails everything in the Memorial Gymnasium offices!
            Well said Bob....nailed it. Agree 1000%
            sure why not

Comment

You need to take a Valium or smoke some weed or something. Chill out dude. I'm not advocating the decision one way or the other, just building off something BoSox said. I'm sure if they were a .500 squad it would be tougher to keep them home. I read an op-ed in some rag this morning that if this was the men's team they'd be playing. Interesting notion. I generally don't give two chits about bouncyball anyway. Except for when Blodgett was playing and Joanne was coaching, Maine has pretty much sucked. I don't know (or care) enough to judge one way or the other on whether they should be playing this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                You need to take a Valium or smoke some weed or something. Chill out dude. I'm not advocating the decision one way or the other, just building off something BoSox said. I'm sure if they were a .500 squad it would be tougher to keep them home. I read an op-ed in some rag this morning that if this was the men's team they'd be playing. Interesting notion. I generally don't give two chits about bouncyball anyway. Except for when Blodgett was playing and Joanne was coaching, Maine has pretty much sucked. I don't know (or care) enough to judge one way or the other on whether they should be playing this weekend.
                from the rules... as quoted by our big moderator, in an earlier post:

12. Thread-Killing, or flooding a thread with inappropriate or unrelated posts, is prohibited. These posts will be removed. If you feel a thread is inappropriate, report it to the moderators.
                13. “Troll” posts will be deleted. If a post is intended for honest discussion, it will be allowed, but if the point is merely to generate anger and hostility in other posters, it will be removed. All decisions regarding these posts will be made at the discretion of the Fan Forum Administrative staff.

DrewS, are you going to Durham this weekend, either game?
                I am thinking of going, but not sure.
                It would be nice to see Timmy's last games behind a D1 bench.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/faq/uscho-fan-forum/#ixzz2MnkjBo87

Comment

It has been a MESS for a long time...like everything else of late...it seems like why should we care if the people in charge don't. When the MONEY stops then there will be a wakeup call,but by then it will be 2-late.

Comment

Know I don't need any weed those days are long past. I gave my money and my support to these programs for many years. The new regime has taken the approach that if you gave a few hundred a year your not important and stopped asking for support, fine it has saved me money. BUT while I am first and foremost a hockey fan I am also an alumnus, and that means I support all the teams. Basketball is such a big part of the fabric of high school sports in Maine, and we saw the epitome of what can be when Cindy played at Maine. So while I supported her dismissal, (she was a bad hire by Blake when the program was in desperate straights) I never expected we would eventually hire someone who thought it was okay to quit. And quite frankly I agree with whatever rag wrote that about the mens team playing. If the University made this decision for the women it was a sexist decision! If it was made to save money, it was a sexist decision. And if the women decided they did not want to play it is poor reflection on them. You play college sports you give 100% to the final whistle of the final game.

I'll be in Durham on Saturday and there are alot of things I like about this hockey team and the kids, and the freshmen class. But we also have a junior and senior class that has underperformed and a sophomore class that has lots of question marks. No I don't need any weed, I am just fed up with the latest decision by an athletic department that continues to make one bad decision after another.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                      from the rules... as quoted by our big moderator, in an earlier post:

12. Thread-Killing, or flooding a thread with inappropriate or unrelated posts, is prohibited. These posts will be removed. If you feel a thread is inappropriate, report it to the moderators.
                      13. “Troll” posts will be deleted. If a post is intended for honest discussion, it will be allowed, but if the point is merely to generate anger and hostility in other posters, it will be removed. All decisions regarding these posts will be made at the discretion of the Fan Forum Administrative staff.

DrewS, are you going to Durham this weekend, either game?
                      I am thinking of going, but not sure.
                      It would be nice to see Timmy's last games behind a D1 bench.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/faq/uscho-fan-forum/#ixzz2MnkjBo87
                      I'm going Saturday. It would be nice to see a win there but not going to hold my breath. UNH was second best for 58 minutes of the game last year and still won.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

am just fed up with the latest decision by an athletic department that continues to make one bad decision after another.
                        Since the Stephen King decision, its called karma
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Since the Stephen King decision, its called karma
                          Or the Stephen King Curse.

Comment

They won there only tourney game without blodgett. This team is all freshman and foriegn so i'll cut them some
                            slack. The coach came in and blew up a bad program and is starting from scratch. I'll give him 3-4 years.
                            I have plenty of patience with Wbbal since i don't really care.

Comment

In Hockey East play since the end of December, Martin Ouellette is 3-0-4/1.23/.955 on Friday but 1-5-1/3.65/.881 on Saturday. The recipe for the Black Bears is to spring the upset Friday, hope UMA loses and the 8-seed is secured so they can rest Marty and start Morris or Sullivan on Saturday.

Comment

In Hockey East play since the end of December, Martin Ouellette is 3-0-4/1.23/.955 on Friday but 1-5-1/3.65/.881 on Saturday. The recipe for the Black Bears is to spring the upset Friday, hope UMA loses and the 8-seed is secured so they can rest Marty and start Morris or Sullivan on Saturday.
                                As much as this pains me, I actually agree with PRICELESS.....this would be a good scenario....and give Marty some rest, too....

Comment

Working...
                                X