Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 Post Season - The view from the top...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 Post Season - The view from the top...

I'm looking at it this way: our struggles over the past 4-6 weeks were due in large part to all the distractions of being ranked at the top. The media pressure alone had to be unbearable. While I'm sure that hasn't gotten any better, this is crunch time. It's all one-and-done from here. The seniors are going to have a say in Saturdays game. They all know it could be the last of their college career and I'm sure none of them want to go without a fight.

All any of us can ask of this team is to play with heart and desire... to leave it all on the ice. Win or lose, if they do that then I can accept any outcome. Sure, a loss will be disappointing, but at the end of the day, they have given me more as a fan this year than I ever thought possible.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

So I'm hoping for a fun game this weekend.. but I have to root for the big AHA upset. Best of luck.
      RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        I'm looking at it this way: our struggles over the past 4-6 weeks were due in large part to all the distractions of being ranked at the top. The media pressure alone had to be unbearable. While I'm sure that hasn't gotten any better, this is crunch time. It's all one-and-done from here. The seniors are going to have a say in Saturdays game. They all know it could be the last of their college career and I'm sure none of them want to go without a fight.

All any of us can ask of this team is to play with heart and desire... to leave it all on the ice. Win or lose, if they do that then I can accept any outcome. Sure, a loss will be disappointing, but at the end of the day, they have given me more as a fan this year than I ever thought possible.
        Very well said, Mark !!!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          At least they won a game. Except for Union, that's more than can be said for the rest of the ECAC recently.
          What are we, chopped liver?
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Go Bobcats!! Go Yale!! Go Union!! The ECAC is awesome and we are behind you!!

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
              I am a Quinnipiac fan insomuch as my older son went there, so I am amazed at the discussion on this thread. No discussion that QU might not make it past the opening round? The Bobcats have been very mediocre of late and they are playing the hottest team in the country right now in Canisius. No one is concerned?
              Yes we are! Canisius is very good.

Comment

Fred, do you wanna come throw back some beers with the boys Saturday night? You're most welcome to come hang.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThxMuch View Post

To anybody attending my banger Saturday night in Rhode Island: We will have electricity but no running water. Luckily we'll have running beer. Girls are not allowed.

Go Bobcats!
                  That sounds like the worst party ever. I mean I suppose the no water thing is fine, but no girls??? Huh

Comment

Originally posted by FredDavenport View Post
                    Yes we are! Canisius is very good.
                    I mean, in the space of a month they went from nothing to beating everyone decisively. Obviously they figured something out.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
                      That sounds like the worst party ever. I mean I suppose the no water thing is fine, but no girls??? Huh
                      Dude, we can't have cooties the night before the Bobcats are hopefully playing for a spot in the Frozen Four. Plus, none of us know how to talk to girls except Larson.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThxMuch View Post
                        Dude, we can't have cooties the night before the Bobcats are hopefully playing for a spot in the Frozen Four. Plus, none of us know how to talk to girls except Larson.
                        Speak for yourself, I just watched Pootie Tang yesterday.

Comment

Oct. 30, 1998 — at Quinnipiac 6, Canisius 3
                          Oct. 31, 1998 — at Quinnipiac 2, Canisius 1 (OT)
                          Jan. 23, 1999 — at Canisius 3, Quinnipiac 3
                          Jan. 24, 1999 — at Canisius 3, Quinnipiac 3
                          March 19, 1999 — Canisius 5, Quinnipiac 2 (MAAC semifinals at Worcester, Mass.)
                          Nov. 5, 1999 — Quinnipiac 5, at Canisius 2 (at Amherst Pepsi Center)
                          Jan. 21, 2000 — at Quinnipiac 7, Canisius 0
                          Jan. 22, 2000 — at Quinnipiac 3, Canisius 1
                          Jan. 16, 2001 — at Canisius 4, Quinnipiac 2
                          Feb. 2, 2001 — at Quinnipiac 7, Canisius 2
                          Feb. 16, 2001 — at Canisius 6, Quinnipiac 2
                          Dec. 1, 2001 — at Quinnipiac 3, Canisius 1
                          Feb. 15, 2002 — Quinnipiac 4, at Canisius 3
                          Oct. 25, 2002 — Quinnipiac 6, at Canisius 3
                          Jan. 3, 2003 — at Quinnipiac 2, Canisius 0
                          Jan. 4, 2003 — at Quinnipiac 4, Canisius 3 (OT)
                          March 15, 2003 — at Quinnipiac 3, Canisius 2 (MAAC quarterfinals)
                          Jan. 9, 2004 — at Canisius 3, Quinnipiac 0
                          Jan. 10, 2004 — at Canisius 4, Quinnipiac 2
                          Feb. 6, 2004 — at Quinnipiac 3, Canisius 2
                          March 13, 2004 — Canisius 1, Quinnipiac 0 (OT) (Atlantic Hockey quarterfinals at West Point, N.Y.)
                          Jan. 4, 2005 — at Canisius 4, Quinnipiac 4
                          Feb. 18, 2005 — Canisius 2, at Quinnipiac 1
                          Feb. 19, 2005 — at Quinnipiac 8, Canisius 1
                          Jan. 16, 2011 — Quinnipiac 7, at Canisius 3
                          Jan. 17, 2011 — at Canisius 2, Quinnipiac 2
                          Oct. 15, 2011 — at Quinnipiac 7, Canisius 1
                          Oct. 16, 2011 — at Quinnipiac 4, Canisius 0
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
                            I mean I suppose the no water thing is fine, but no girls??? Huh
                            Kids!

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                            I mean, in the space of a month they went from nothing to beating everyone decisively. Obviously they figured something out.
                            Or they got lucky...

Originally posted by ThxMuch View Post
                            Plus, none of us know how to talk to girls except Larson.
                            If he's the best of the bunch, you guys DO have problems!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post

If he's the best of the bunch, you guys DO have problems!

That song was actually written about me ...

Comment

Originally posted by Larson210 View Post
                                That song was actually written about me ...
                                Let me ask you this... do chicks dig the red, white, and blue boxers?

Remember, I've seen them... it's NOT a pretty sight!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X