Coaching changes 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching changes 2013

Interesting. Any idea on where Nicole is going? Or are they adding a 2nd Asst Coach?
    ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
      Interesting. Any idea on where Nicole is going? Or are they adding a 2nd Asst Coach?
      You'd have to think she's leaving....maybe to UNE or perhaps more likely given the timeline, William Smith? She'd obviously be qualified but who knows if she'd want to go from a top team to a building project.

IF p-burgh is adding a 2nd full-timer, which I would find hard to believe, then they pretty much have no excuse not to be in the Final 4 every season since there are still some schools out there without full time head coaches and a very large majority of schools that don't have a single full time assistant

Comment

I think UVM is also a possibility and the more likely choice. Trinity is also a possibility.

Comment

Trinity, yes. UVM already hired.

Comment

Merrimack also needs two people.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
              I think UVM is also a possibility and the more likely choice. Trinity is also a possibility.
              Would certainly think she has the HC chops, but wouldn't be surprised to see her as #1 assistant to her old coach Erin Hamlen at Merrimack.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                Would certainly think she has the HC chops, but wouldn't be surprised to see her as #1 assistant to her old coach Erin Hamlen at Merrimack.
                are they really going to hire full time assistants now when they are not going to start playing varsity for another 2 or 3 years?

Comment

I would think you would want at least your first assistant in the fold sooner rather than later. Gotta recruit. A fair number of teams are already near full for the 2015 class...so Merrimack can't afford to sit back and watch the calendar flip before they make themselves visible.

edit: Oh yeah, they are going to be a club team this year, and D1 Independent next season, so it would make sense to add an assistant sometime soon.
                  Last edited by Hux; 07-18-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Lindenwood adds former Robert Morris defenseman and St. Louis native Samantha Ullrich to staff for 2013-14 season.

http://www.lindenwoodlions.com/news/...x?path=whockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                      I would think you would want at least your first assistant in the fold sooner rather than later. Gotta recruit. A fair number of teams are already near full for the 2015 class...so Merrimack can't afford to sit back and watch the calendar flip before they make themselves visible.

edit: Oh yeah, they are going to be a club team this year, and D1 Independent next season, so it would make sense to add an assistant sometime soon.
                      Are you sure they are going D1 that fast? This is taken straight from a press release on the Merrimack website:

The Women's Ice Hockey program will begin club play in 2013-14, with plans to compete at the NCAA Division I Level by 2016-17. Once an NCAA Division I program, Women's Ice Hockey will join the Hockey East Association.

Comment

UVM - http://uvmathletics.com/news/2013/7/...712135110.aspx

Comment

RMU - http://www.rmucolonials.com/ViewArti...&Q_SEASON=2013

Comment

1 more interview to go on monday for the Concordia-Moorhead head coaching job. 2 have been interviewed thus far. I'm going with the coach out east who will get it. Just my hunch.
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              1 more interview to go on monday for the Concordia-Moorhead head coaching job. 2 have been interviewed thus far. I'm going with the coach out east who will get it. Just my hunch.
                              Will the new coach have all the returners and incoming players? Or have some changed their minds about CM this Fall with the change of the head coach?

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                                Will the new coach have all the returners and incoming players? Or have some changed their minds about CM this Fall with the change of the head coach?
                                All are returning and all recruits are staying,so I have been told. In fact there are a couple more North Dakota girls who will be trying out for the team this fall.Becker from Grand Forks and Kongelf from Minot. Both have a legit chance.

By the way it would be nice if you would allow me to answer your messages you send me via email. Says user won't allow return emails.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X