• Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching changes 2013

UCONN

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w...050213aab.html

Comment

Keeeeeee-ho!

Kristi is great - the players at New England College are in for a fantastic experience.

Originally posted by Hux View Post
      Former Northeastern standout, and Cortland State assistant, Kristi Kehoe has been named head coach at New England College.

Comment

Congrats Coach Mackenzie. Awesome news for you and the program.
        ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Bowdoin - http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs#/detail/5382994/1,false

And more to come from Naples for sure.

Comment

Wil Brown Named Nichols Women’s Ice Hockey Head Coach - http://nicholsathletics.com/news/201...506130743.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by marketherrien View Post
              Wil Brown Named Nichols Women’s Ice Hockey Head Coach - http://nicholsathletics.com/news/201...506130743.aspx
              I believe this job is only part time, but this still seems curious to me to take a guy who is a peer with the girls and is probably hanging out with them and partying with them on Friday and then on Saturday making him their leader, coach, and mentor.

If anything it almost seems unfair to both sides to expect them to be able to separate from one relationship and create another where the dynamics are completely different. I wish them luck...they are due to have a coach stick around for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
                I believe this job is only part time, but this still seems curious to me to take a guy who is a peer with the girls and is probably hanging out with them and partying with them on Friday and then on Saturday making him their leader, coach, and mentor.

If anything it almost seems unfair to both sides to expect them to be able to separate from one relationship and create another where the dynamics are completely different. I wish them luck...they are due to have a coach stick around for a while.
                I agree, doesn't sound like the greatest idea. I can't see it being much of an issue for the incoming freshmen, but the rest of the team probably already has a prior relationship with him in some form.

Comment

Originally posted by taz91 View Post
                  I agree, doesn't sound like the greatest idea. I can't see it being much of an issue for the incoming freshmen, but the rest of the team probably already has a prior relationship with him in some form.
                  Maybe he was the only applicant who seemed qualified.

Comment

UConn1 - http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs#/detail/5386031/1,false

UConn2 - http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs#/detail/5386024/1,false

Comment

Broken links. What did they say?

Edit: That's weird, didn't open on my Ipad, but did open on my laptop. Hmmmmm.
                      Last edited by Cali; 05-07-2013, 08:14 PM.
                      ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Am hearing that Candace Moxley, OSU assistant womens coach, has landed the Buffalo State job. Looks like Nate is going to have to rebuild his entire staff since they have all moved up in the coaching ranks. Nice job on his part developing and pushing his assistants. And nice pickup by Buffalo State, she will do a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                          Maybe he was the only applicant who seemed qualified.
                          Not true, know of a couple good, experienced candidates looking for entry into the college game. I'm sure Wil is a nice guy and all, but like other posters have said, he's a classmate of most of the team! Wish him the best but going to be tough situation.
                          Why does Nichols always go the cheap and easy route??? Do they do the same for other sports?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                            Lucy Schoedel or Andy McPhee (guessing Schoedel)?
                            Well, the only two coaches now shown on the Brown women's hockey website are Ms. Bourbeau and Mr. McPhee.

http://www.brownbears.com/sports/w-hockey/coaches/index

Comment

Originally posted by Mission View Post
                              Am hearing that Candace Moxley, OSU assistant womens coach, has landed the Buffalo State job. Looks like Nate is going to have to rebuild his entire staff since they have all moved up in the coaching ranks. Nice job on his part developing and pushing his assistants. And nice pickup by Buffalo State, she will do a good job.
                              With these recent hires out of OSU, that makes 5 Niagara alums in head coaching positions in women's hockey.
                              I thought it was interesting for one school to have so many given the fact NU hasn't had a men's team that long (compared to most D1 teams) and don't even support women's hockey any more.

RIT - McDonald
                              Ohio state - Handrahan
                              Neumann - Handrahan
                              and now UConn - Mackenzie
                              Buff state - Moxley
                              And the men's head coach at buff state is a Niagara alum as well.
                              RIT TIGERS
                              2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Don't be surprised if Casey H moves to Storrs to work with Chris.

Comment

Working...
                                X