Merrimack River Rivalry 3/1 and 3/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack River Rivalry 3/1 and 3/3

I know Lowell and Merrimack played last year in their biggest DI weekend ever ... for the first time both ranked in the Top 10.

This time they're playing (potentially) for first place in Hockey East. Lowell enters the weekend on a 5 game winning streak, and one of the hottest teams in the country at 15-2-1 in their last 18. Both those losses were on the road by 1 goal, including one to Merrimack.

Friday night's game should have another 6k+ crowd at Lowell from what I'm hearing.

This should be fun.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: Merrimack River Rivalry 3/1 and 3/3

Sunday's game is at 4pm BTW.
    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Can't wait! Should be a rockin' Tsongas. How many MC fans coming over? Are they doing a bus? Are we doing a bus (or three) to them?
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa guys.

Turn down the hostility...

Is everyone at Fudruckers and Tripoli already?

Comment

Is anyone headed to the game sunday? I just purchased tickets.
          Looking forward to the big weekend!
          "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
          make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
            Is anyone headed to the game sunday? I just purchased tickets.
            Looking forward to the big weekend!
            I'll be at Fudds and then the game. Seems to be a good crowd going
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

The game is televised as well on Sunday at Merrimack. Make sure you set your DVR's.

Comment

Gut check time for MC, Friday will show a lot about their character. Can they bounce back from the heartbreaking OT loss to BC and the defensive meltdown against BU? If UML comes out sniping and gets an early lead it could be ugly.

Comment

There aren't all that many Merrimack fans on these boards (or Lowell ones, for what matter), so not too surprised by how quiet this thread is.

I'll be there on Sunday as well.
                  Monty

Comment

"Low, Lower, Lowest, Lowell!!!"
                    Nah, even that doesn't ring true Hard not to appreciate what the 'Hawks have done this year. Took a while to get out of the gate, but man you've been on a roll for a while now. Aint' no doubt about Marotta in net for MC, but will Carr be your guy? Hellebucyk has been amazing. Had he played more games, he'd have to be in consideration for ROY (gotta go with Gillies at this point).
                    Over the last 10 matchups, MC owns a 5-4-1 advantage, including the 1-0 win earlier in the season. Should be a fun weekend.
                    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                      Can't wait! Should be a rockin' Tsongas. How many MC fans coming over? Are they doing a bus? Are we doing a bus (or three) to them?
                      I just heard that all 7 MC fans will be at Tsongas Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                        Gut check time for MC, Friday will show a lot about their character. Can they bounce back from the heartbreaking OT loss to BC and the defensive meltdown against BU? If UML comes out sniping and gets an early lead it could be ugly.
                        Heartbreaking to say the least, I have to imagine. If I was an MC fan, I'd be crushed. You guys looked great all game and deserved better.

Hard to see you having that much space to wheel and deal against Lowell, though. Feeling pretty confident in Lowell in these games.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                          I just heard that all 7 MC fans will be at Tsongas Friday night.
                          I just heard you're not funny.
                          National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                          two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                          b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                            I just heard you're not funny.
                            Well, to be fair, he wasn't sure if you were rooting for BC or MC on that given day. So he could have said 8.
                            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Well, to be fair, he wasn't sure if you were rooting for BC or MC on that given day. So he could have said 8.
                              Fair enough
                              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Working...
                              X