Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSSU at NMU: I Can Has Home Ice?

One last final last CCHA series....

Lake State currently sits 9th in the CCHA with 32 points...
    NMU is 11th with 29 points...

To get home ice in round 1 NMU must take 5 points on the weekend at minimum... We would still need help from Ferris against Michigan also...

At this point, I will admit I'm feeling kinda "blah" with how this season has gone... But as we get into March, my hopes will rise, just as they do every year... Take care of your business first, then deal with whatever everyone else gives you I guess...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: LSSU at NMU: I Can Has Home Ice?

I agree. The continued downward progression of NMU in the CCHA is very dissapointing to me. There was a time, not so long ago, that NMU regularly competed for a Top 4 position, then it was for 5th-6th place, now the fall all the way to the bottom. While I hope NMU can take the points necessary to land a home first round series, it will be no means for celebration in my book.

Maybe NMU can string together a run like BGSU last season. Anything can happen. Logic tells us that the lack of consistency NMU has shown it will be a short postseason. I hope not.

All and all, I'm ready for next season and the future WCHA. While it won't have the luster of the CCHA (and the quality of teams), it will be new and fresh. All teams considered equal in the new league, it will be exciting. Actually quite interesting to see who will rise to its top and flourish. I hope that it is NMU.

Best of luck to the seniors this weekend. Those who were around to experience the taste of NCAA tourney action and the excitement of St. Paul. Ahh, St. Paul and tourney action. Hopefully not another long 10 year wait!

Comment

NMU has been a team that has shown improvement in the second half and has played some of their best hockey over the past couple weeks. First Half: 6-10-3 Second Half 8-6-1 First Half on the Road:1-8-1, swept three times. Second half on the Road: 4-5-0, only swept at Alaska. First half Goals For/Against: For 39 avg 2.05 Against 54 Avg 2.84 Second Half: For 44/2.93 Against 42/2.80 Power Play: First Half 12.3% Second Half 18.8% PK First Half:74.7% Second Half 83.3%. It's a team that could be dangerous in the playoffs. This is a team that took likely regular season champ Miami and split the season series 1-1-2, with two games into OT. It could be very interesting for sure.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

It's very possible these teams will meet again next weekend in the CCHA playoffs, but I think one team will play BGSU and one will play Michigan.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          It's very possible these teams will meet again next weekend in the CCHA playoffs, but I think one team will play BGSU and one will play Michigan.
          In that scenario, I am not sure which House of Horrors I would want to visit
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Has?
            Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
              Has?
              "I can has cheezburger?" lolcats, minus the cat.

I can has more falcons, less cats?
              Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 • SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

I think many of the possible outcomes of this weekend show that NMU and BGSU will once again be meeting in the first round of the playoffs. So, it is important that NMU sweeps LSSU this weekend and that ND sweeps BGSU so that the 'cats can at least have home ice and maybe turn things around from the last couple of years. Do I think that's going to happen?
                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                  I think many of the possible outcomes of this weekend show that NMU and BGSU will once again be meeting in the first round of the playoffs. So, it is important that NMU sweeps LSSU this weekend and that ND sweeps BGSU so that the 'cats can at least have home ice and maybe turn things around from the last couple of years. Do I think that's going to happen?
                  If NMU sweeps LSSU and ND sweeps BG, the only way for NMU to meet Bowling Green again would be for Michigan to take either 5 or 6 points in their series against Ferris. Then BG would come back to NMU for the third straight year.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    If NMU sweeps LSSU and ND sweeps BG, the only way for NMU to meet Bowling Green again would be for Michigan to take either 5 or 6 points in their series against Ferris. Then BG would come back to NMU for the third straight year.
                    I have a feeling that might happen at Yost this weekend. But who knows...

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

My crystal ball is not working! I have no clue who will be where!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        My crystal ball is not working! I have no clue who will be where!
                        That's why I said "might" and "who knows." Wasn't asking for anyone to peer into their crystal ball. I realize as well that there are a number of different results which can produce various combinations in the final standings.

I simply hope NMU has a good weekend (and maybe a little help), which will place them in a favorable situation going into the first round.

Comment

That's why I said "might" and "who knows." Wasn't asking for anyone to peer into their crystal ball. I realize as well that there are a number of different results which can produce various combinations in the final standings.

I simply hope NMU has a good weekend (and maybe a little help), which will place them in a favorable situation going into the first round.
                          Oh no offense intended. It's just so unpredictable and might not be much better when the puck drops on Saturday. Easiest route to a home bid is two wins for NMU and at least one loss by Michigan or BG getting swept. It is also possible for NMU to sweep and still end up on the road as the 9 seed.

Comment

Will it be Senior weekend for NMU? If so watch for rogue signs honoring senior citizens on a night they should not be hanging signs. I will be logging in online to hear Dave D's call of the game. If I am going to listen to a pro NMU broadcast I want to hear it from the NMU broadcaster. Thank you and good bye??? NO THANK GOD AND GOOD RIDDENS.
                            THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
                            TNA
                            TNA

Comment

Folks in BG hope you have a great series, lots of fun...and split.
                              Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Working...
                              X