Ohio State @ Minnesota-Duluth WCHA Playoffs 3/1 - 3/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State @ Minnesota-Duluth WCHA Playoffs 3/1 - 3/3

Ohio State and Minnesota-Duluth finished tied in the standings, but UMD won the tiebreaker due to more league victories and will host this weekend. Should be an interesting series as Ohio State swept the Bulldogs in Duluth, but the Bulldogs returned the favor and swept Ohio State in Columbus recently. In a playoff situation on the road, it will be paramount for the Buckeyes to come out ready to play and try to get a W on Friday. Whoever gets the W on Friday will be in the driver's seat as the pressure will be on the opponent to win two games in a row. Wish I could be there. I'll be following along somehow. If there are any UMD fans out there who are aware of a good video feed, maybe you can post a link here. Thanks!

Re: Ohio State @ Minnesota-Duluth WCHA Playoffs 3/1 - 3/3

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    If there are any UMD fans out there who are aware of a good video feed, maybe you can post a link here. Thanks!
    Oh, those 'Dogs, babe, have such teeth, dear,
    And they show them pearly white...

Here you go... the games are not listed yet but should be in the next couple of days.

Warning! Video quality for some reason this past weekend was terrible...high glare off the ice...hopefully they will correct that.

http://www.b2tv.com/partner_members....5&s=882&sid=47
    Last edited by Blackbeard; 02-25-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Ah, Blackbeard, we meet again. I just might check out that feed. Do you happen to know how much they charge for those? Thanks for that link. I knew I could count on you.

Comment

Ah, Blackbeard, we meet again. I just might check out that feed. Do you happen to know how much they charge for those? Thanks for that link. I knew I could count on you.
        What?!!! No comment on my singing?

Once again with gusto, this time everybody join in...(Hint..to the melody of "Mac The Knife")...

"Oh, those 'Dogs, babe, have such teeth, dear,
        And they show them pearly white..."

All seriousness aside, it looks like they still charge $8/game. If you click on "more info" on those men's games that are shown on the screen after clicking on the link that I provided, that's the charge that is indicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
          What?!!! No comment on my singing?

Once again with gusto, this time everybody join in...(Hint..to the melody of "Mac The Knife")...

"Oh, those 'Dogs, babe, have such teeth, dear,
          And they show them pearly white..."
          Not bad. But for me, the song Mac The Knife was forever altered by a fast food chain ad that ran a number of years ago:

When that clock strikes,
          Half past six babe,
          Time to head for:
          Golden Light!

It's a good time,
          For a great taste.
          At McDonald's,
          It's Mac Tonight!

Comment

American Idol fans, make sure to cast your votes for either Blackbeard or Pgb-ohio!

Comment

Better go with Blackbeard. At least he has original material.

Comment

I'll take your word for it, Pgb! Call 1-866-UMD-WHKY to vote for Blackbeard!

Comment

Getting back to the games, shoot, those are afternoon games. No video for me Friday (maybe Saturday). I'll have to do live stats Friday. Should be able to do video Sunday. So, Blackbeard, other than this past weekend's feed, is the video feed normally pretty good? As for the afternoon starts, I was going to ask you about that but I had a hunch ... men are home that weekend as well. Looked up the schedule on UMD's website. I was reading up on Amsoil Arena. Looks like a great place to see a hockey game.

Comment

. I was reading up on Amsoil Arena. Looks like a great place to see a hockey game.
                    Amsoil is a pretty good place to see games . . . as a newer facility it has good sightlines, open concourse (best feature of all) and pretty good concessions.

As far at the games . . . I see UMD taking this one in two. I mean it's just as likely a scenario as any other . . .the 'Dogs have all the ability in the world but have been tremendously inconsistent. If there's any way for them to get their heads on straight and be IN to the game from beginning to end they should win two in a row. Looks like Black is player her best of the year . . .

Now, all the respect for OSU . . . especially Hokey and that great senior class they have. I hope it's great hockey and that the fans come out despite the start times.

Comment

So, Blackbeard, other than this past weekend's feed, is the video feed normally pretty good? I was reading up on Amsoil Arena. Looks like a great place to see a hockey game.
                      Yes, they are normally pretty good. This past weekend might have been an anomaly since the games were also televised and there might have been a different feed although I'm certainly no expert on the topic. If you'd like, I can advise you here with a post shortly after the game has started whether or not the video quality is back to normal. UMD is apparently contemplating getting state of the art equipment such as Northeastern University has...exceptional quality...which would be fitting for such a top notch facility...but if so, I would think that it would be down the road aways since it's an enormous capital expenditure.

I agree with Binnyrus's comments above with respect to the Amsoil. I think it's a beautiful facility...well done and as was pointed out, with a large open concourse which I think is critical for a modern facility...lots of room to move around. For those so inclined it also has a lounge in one corner on the upper level overlooking and open to the ice so one can lounge, lollygag, lubricate and look down upon the ice in search of a game.

If I recall correctly the seating capacity is around 8,000, maybe a bit more, and there's also tons of parking and a nice location on the waterfront with an aquarium and a park next door. For some reason it kind of reminds me a bit of Agannis but more open, modern and it looks more like an arena from the street although I think Agannis was designed to blend in with the rest of BU architecture. It's quite striking as you approach through the main entrance.

The UMD site used to have a ton of info on the Amsoil but it seems to have been removed. Here are some interior photos from their site if you haven't seen them including the dressing room (locker room is adjacent to it)...state of the art everything at the same time making no claim to be The Ralph.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/teams-wom...y.php?page=141
                      Last edited by Blackbeard; 02-28-2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Seating capacity for hockey sits at 6,600. Here's some other fun facts about Amsoil:

http://www.decc.org/amsoil-arena/arena-facts.html

Comment

Karissa Grapp starting in net for UMD today, with Carlstrom the backup

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

UMD Women's Hockey Fans Page

Comment

Originally posted by dhmn View Post
                            Karissa Grapp starting in net for UMD today, with Carlstrom the backup
                            Second start of her career and a playoff game...pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
                              Seating capacity for hockey sits at 6,600. Here's some other fun facts about Amsoil:

http://www.decc.org/amsoil-arena/arena-facts.html
                              Thanks, I couldn't find this on their site although it was there during construction.

Comment

Working...
                              X