Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Denver 3/1 & 3/2

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    Our record against Denver has not been stellar over the last 5 years, we have 2 wins 11 losses and a tie if I'm looking at the stats correctly. Not that it really has anything to do with this years Gopher team or how they will perform this weekend at Mariucci, but wow that's bad.

Denver - Please give the Gophers 9 PP's (like you did against UND) on one of the nights this weekend. Thanks
    Gophers went 1-9 on the weekend against UMD, not so great. I would hope they can get it clicking against DU, but I'm not super confident in the Gopher PP right now.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

DU game Notes for this weekend. DU has no injuries and will send its 18 eligible skaters on the trip along with its goalies. I would venture a guess that Jussi plays goal on Friday.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        And I'll bet 8 of them would be Mayfield and co.'s attempted headhunter paybacks to Rau.
        I see no reason to believe that DU will be headhunting Rau. Obviously you disagree, but I will be quite surprised if there is anything at all to that.

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
        Gophers went 1-9 on the weekend against UMD, not so great. I would hope they can get it clicking against DU, but I'm not super confident in the Gopher PP right now.
        And the PK has been known to be a pretty strong part of DU's game.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
          I see no reason to believe that DU will be headhunting Rau. Obviously you disagree, but I will be quite surprised if there is anything at all to that.

And the PK has been known to be a pretty strong part of DU's game.
          Me too, honestly. Anything aimed at Rau will be from his lippyness, not what happened last year.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Me too, honestly. Anything aimed at Rau will be from his lippyness, not what happened last year.
            We shall see. Hockey players have a very good memory for things like this.

Comment

We shall see. Hockey players have a very good memory for things like this.
              They are also coached, and Gwoz is one of the best. If the games are close, which I suspect they will be, no headhunting will happen. Just my feeling.

Comment

They are also coached, and Gwoz is one of the best. If the games are close, which I suspect they will be, no headhunting will happen. Just my feeling.
                To be honest with ya SOH, I've been on enough beastly hockey teams to know that all it takes is a little locker room chatter (code) and Rau might as well tape a target on his friggin' back regardless of what the coach says. But your point is well taken, DU has taken too many penalties this season and I'm sure Gwoz will emphasize not giving the Gophers any PP ops.

Comment

Rau has a target on his back for every conference game already. Nothing new.

Comment

Rau has a target on his back for every conference game already. Nothing new.
                    Truth...but with a little added incentive for this series though. We shall see.

Comment

Preview from Gophersports

The No.2 Minnesota men's hockey program returns to action this weekend with a two-game Western Collegiate Hockey Association series against No. 10/11 Denver at Mariucci Arena. Friday's series opener will be broadcast on the Big Ten Network and 1500 ESPN while Saturday's regular-season home finale is on FOX Sports North and 1500 ESPN. Both games are slated for 7 p.m. starts. Minnesota (21-6-5 overall, 13-6-5 WCHA) is 92-71-12 all-time against the Pioneers including a 51-27-6 mark against this weekend's visitors on home ice. However, Denver (16-10-5, 11-8-5) has won eight out of the last 10 matchups between the two conference competitors.
                      http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...022713aaa.html

Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Truth...but with a little added incentive for this series though. We shall see.
                        Maybe we should be proactive and just suspend Rau right now.

Comment

I like to hear Helgy say that the Gophers need to play two COMPLETE games, but I'd like to see that translate to the ice now!!
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

The Gophers are the second ranked team in the nation and we are complaining about not seeing them put to good games together. Awesome, the Gopher program is officially back in action!!!
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              The Gophers are the second ranked team in the nation and we are complaining about not seeing them put to good games together. Awesome, the Gopher program is officially back in action!!!
                              It is pretty sweet isn't it A whole lot better than the lost years.
                              - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                              Go you Green and White
                              Go Bemidji Beavers
                              Fight with all your might!
                              Rah! Rah! Rah!
                              We are here to cheer you
                              We are out to win your fame,
                              So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                              Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                                They'll be headhunting Rau, just not for last year. Rau will run his mouth and Mayfield won't be able to restrain himself and take several stupid penalties.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X