Neumann Knights - our time of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neumann Knights - our time of the year

Thought I would get this started, as Neumann is hot! HUGE win last night...although I called it in my pick 'em.

Knights are 12-2-1 since break. Have beaten every team on schedule (no sure anyone else can say that). Done mostly on road unlike other big names, because of geography most nights are played in other teams rink.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but I would love to know Neumann's record verse Hobart over the past four years. The Knights went 2-2 v Hobart this season, with 2 wins in last 2 weeks. Certainly have to think if Neumann wins the league next weekend, they get a bid.

Re: Neumann Knights - our time of the year

Sorry but they don't according to the "experts". They don't match up well enough for a Pool C against UC and Hobart and Babson.....see "bracketology".
    Last edited by sshablak; 02-24-2013, 10:33 AM.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Neumann's run is looking very similar to the national championship of 09 where they they won their final 13 games of the year, all on the road including the stunner against #1 plattsburgh. Another first for the program though as this will be the first time in school history they host a conference final. Hopefully they can get more than 150 people in the building as this level of hockey deserves a better turnout!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
        Thought I would get this started, as Neumann is hot! HUGE win last night...although I called it in my pick 'em.

Knights are 12-2-1 since break. Have beaten every team on schedule (no sure anyone else can say that). Done mostly on road unlike other big names, because of geography most nights are played in other teams rink.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but I would love to know Neumann's record verse Hobart over the past four years. The Knights went 2-2 v Hobart this season, with 2 wins in last 2 weeks. Certainly have to think if Neumann wins the league next weekend, they get a bid.
        NU versus Hobart:
        2012-13: 2-2-0
        2011-12: 1-2-1
        10-11: 0-2-1
        09-10: 0-2-1
        08-09: 3-2-0

So not as good as you would think in short though those 08-09 wins propelled them to the National Championship. I am having a feeling that we could have the same situation as last year that they will be left out in favor of UC, Eau Claire/SNC, Hobart/Oz/Norwich/Babson/Bowdoin. Unfortunately for us, they never take account the streak. Last year Hobart went 11-4-1 in the 2nd half of the season including a dominating stretch in their final 5 games playing Manhattanville 3X and Elmira who were 1-2 in the conference (wow what a turnaround one year can make).

Do I think Neumann can make it if they win and get in? Sure. Would I be surprised if they dont get in despite winning? No. The joys of being in the ECAC-W...
        Last edited by Hockeyfan2113; 02-24-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Nice thread where you guys been all year

Comment

USM is still waiting for their thank you card from NU...

Comment

The "streak" is great but they count the whole year !
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfan2113 View Post
                NU versus Hobart:
                2012-13: 2-2-0
                2011-12: 1-2-1
                10-11: 0-2-1
                09-10: 0-2-1
                08-09: 3-2-0

So not as good as you would think in short though those 08-09 wins propelled them to the National Championship. I am having a feeling that we could have the same situation as last year that they will be left out in favor of UC, Eau Claire/SNC, Hobart/Oz/Norwich/Babson/Bowdoin. Unfortunately for us, they never take account the streak. Last year Hobart went 11-4-1 in the 2nd half of the season including a dominating stretch in their final 5 games playing Manhattanville 3X and Elmira who were 1-2 in the conference (wow what a turnaround one year can make).

Do I think Neumann can make it if they win and get in? Sure. Would I be surprised if they dont get in despite winning? No. The joys of being in the ECAC-W...
                Thanks for the doing the research, it feels like more. Just seems in the end, when the times are tough, Neumann has the best of the them.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  The "streak" is great but they count the whole year !
                  You're right, and I think it is enough to propel them into a pool bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                    . Just seems in the end, when the times are tough, Neumann has the best of the them.
                    Last year's ECAC West final Hobart beat Neumann, at Neumann for the Championship, ruining any chance Neumann might have had for a Pool C bid.
                    93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                    2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                    2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                    2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                    2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post
                      Last year's ECAC West final Hobart beat Neumann, at Neumann for the Championship, ruining any chance Neumann might have had for a Pool C bid.
                      It was at Hobart actually (Hobart was the 3 seed and Nuemann was the 5 seed having beat Utica (the 4) and Elmira (the 1) to get to Hobart)
                      Last edited by UCAlum32; 02-25-2013, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post
                        It was at Hobart actually (Hobart was the 3 seed and Nuemann was the 5 seed having beat Utica (the 4) and Elmira (the 1) to get to Hobart)
                        My bad, took a quick glance and thought Neumann was the home team. Thanks for setting it straight.
                        93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                        2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                        2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                        2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                        2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

This time of year always brings out the best in the boys! Go Knights! Beat the Valiants!

Comment

Plattsburgh is the one of the only teams hotter (10-1) than Neumann. Could we set up a NCAA play-in game with you to get some revenge from that trophy you stole from us in '09 !!

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                              Plattsburgh is the one of the only teams hotter (10-1) than Neumann. Could we set up a NCAA play-in game with you to get some revenge from that trophy you stole from us in '09 !!
                              ...get that cart back behind the filly, fella...
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Working...
                              X