RPI @ Cornell - Friday, February 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Cornell - Friday, February 22

A big Friday night game at Lynah. After losing at HFH a few weks ago, that other red team would like nothing better than to beat Our Red. When RPI beat Cornell in the last weekend of the season last year, it meant that other red team had to share the RS title with Union.

Would that other red team like to beat us, break our our momentum? Of course they'd like to win... that's why they play, right?

Our Red needs to pay attention to details, follow the process and skate our game. GO RED! Just win, baby!
    Here we come!

Re: RPI @ Cornell - Friday, February 22

2012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         7- 3- 3 17 points   .654
    fr joe             7- 4- 2 16 points   .615
    GRussinko          1- 0- 0  2 points  1.000
    hockeyhound        0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    burgie12           0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    engineerhockeyfan  0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points   .000

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    fr joe            34-35- 9 77 points  .494
    Ralph Baer        32-31-11 75 points  .507
    engineerhockeyfan 16-21- 4 36 points  .439
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1 23 points  .442
    GRussinko          9-14- 2 20 points  .400
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    DrDemento          4-15- 3 11 points  .250
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 2- 0  6 points  .600
    jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    REDRocket          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

MH @ Cornell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysfcL...layer_embedded
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

RPI Lines are out, no changes from last weekend...http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...ll.pdf?id=1479
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Vacationing at a friends house in Florida, but I will be listening tonight and joining in the conversation here.
          Keep the momentum going.
          Thank you fr joe for starting the thread, You are also on a roll, and we appreciate it.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Any video coverage tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              Any video coverage tonight?
              http://www.cornellbigred.com/showcase/ - however, be aware that Cornell fans complain about this service frequently so it may not be worth the money.
              APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                http://www.cornellbigred.com/showcase/ - however, be aware that Cornell fans complain about this service frequently so it may not be worth the money.
                I'm just not willing to pay for an internet hockey feed as quality is never guaranteed. I'd rather spend $100 on gas and tickets than $5 to watch on a PC. If only I had the time to drive. I'll settle for the periodic speed reads of the game threads. Of course reading isn't even necessary. One can usually determine whether we are doing well by the number of posts. <3 pages per period is a bad omen. 4 and up is almost always a good sign. The only real reason to actually open up the thread is to search for Ralph's streaming celebrations. That and searching to see which period Doc laments about (there's always one dreaded period even if we win by 4 or 5 goals!).

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                  Change "frequently" to "constantly".

I'm just not willing to pay for an internet hockey feed as quality is never guaranteed. I'd rather spend $100 on gas and tickets than $5 to watch on a PC. If only I had the time to drive. I'll settle for the periodic speed reads of the game threads. Of course reading isn't even necessary. One can usually determine whether we are doing well by the number of posts. <3 pages per period is a bad omen. 4 and up is almost always a good sign. The only real reason to actually open up the thread is to search for Ralph's streaming celebrations. That and searching to see which period Doc laments about (there's always one dreaded period even if we win by 4 or 5 goals!).
                  We do seem to post a lot more when we are doing well.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

JM-I haven't had to post the dreaded comment this year. We have been rather even most of the season-possibly a bit better in the second than the other two. Some years though we are so much poorer in one period than the others. Even in 1985 I found that to be true (but of course there was no posting back then). This year, i am concerned more just with the start-the first 10 minutes or so. If we do not give up something early and do not get called for penalties early-I figure we are having a good night. This has been a talented team all year-but needed a bunch of adjustments to start to show it in the win column. Have to give credit to the boys first and the coach second. They have shown, and he has shown, that they could adjust the way we have been playing. We have gradually developed a forecheck and a power play. Still lots of things to work on-but this weekend will answer a lot of questions. We have been excellent at home-and getting better on the road. Winning 2 in the North Country was wonderful-but this Central NY trip has not been kind to us either (I believe our most common result out there is still being swept as it is in the North Country). Go Red!
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Slightly more than an hour before the game starts. The score is RPI - 0, Cornell - 0 as we await the first period.

that was a nice shot of whiskey to warm up the esophagus!
                      Last edited by FreshFish; 02-22-2013, 04:54 PM.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I'm just not willing to pay for an internet hockey feed as quality is never guaranteed.
                        I'm quite pleased going to WRPI.org and listening to the radio feed, that lets me work on various projects at the same time (though I have learned to avoid anything delicate as a sudden outburst of emotion might erupt at any moment )
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          JM-I haven't had to post the dreaded comment this year.
                          That surprises me. Do you mean calendar year or hockey season?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

33 years ago today, the US beat the Soviet Union in Lake Placid.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

What the hell am I listening to on WRPI?
                              APBWiki

Comment

Working...
                              X