Top 100 Greatest Teams of the NCAA era Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top 100 Greatest Teams of the NCAA era Tournament

This is an excellent thread for me. I wonder if any of the conclusions of the greatness raters are valid, so I challenge one of their assumptions. If their response is a personal attack rather than an attempt to defend or explain their theories I have my answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
      This is an excellent thread for me. I wonder if any of the conclusions of the greatness raters are valid, so I challenge one of their assumptions. If their response is a personal attack rather than an attempt to defend or explain their theories I have my answer.
      You're completely missing the point...once again. I thought you Ivy League guys were supposed to be smart?
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        You're completely missing the point...once again. I thought you Ivy League guys were supposed to be smart?
        Osorojo, it's more about recognizing the great teams and prompting discussion. I sincerely doubt any fan (or even players) from these teams will feel validated by winning a simulated tournament. I like FS23's attention to detail and he obviously has done a lot of research to put together a quality tournament...sit back and let the game's continue. Maybe, Osorojo, you have a favorite?

Comment

Since I'm convinced debating intangibles is a waste of time I must rely upon objective evidence rather than favorites. That points to the team from Ontario.

Comment

He's a lower ivy. Think Minot.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyC67 View Post
              I sincerely doubt any fan (or even players) from these teams will feel validated by winning a simulated tournament.
              Pfft...

When '77 Badger's All American goalie Julian Barretta stones a 2-0 break away, flips it to All-American Craig Norwich who hits crossing All-American Mike Eaves, who in turn shoots a lazer up the ice to Freshman of the year, future two time All American, and All time WCHA first teamer, Mark Johnson streaking to the goal for the game winner in the final, I will gloat like crazy!
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

The puck drop for the 1999-2000 North Dakota (#57) vs. 2003-2004 Boston College (#72) is scheduled for today at 2:05pm (Eastern) at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo. The winner will go on to play the 1984-1985 National Champion Rensselaer (#8).
                North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  Pfft...

When '77 Badger's All American goalie Julian Barretta stones a 2-0 break away, flips it to All-American Craig Norwich who hits crossing All-American Mike Eaves, who in turn shoots a lazer up the ice to Freshman of the year, future two time All American, and All time WCHA first teamer, Mark Johnson streaking to the goal for the game winner in the final, I will gloat like crazy!
                  I can only assume that everyone gets this excited for this tournament.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyC67 View Post
                    Osorojo, it's more about recognizing the great teams and prompting discussion. I sincerely doubt any fan (or even players) from these teams will feel validated by winning a simulated tournament. I like FS23's attention to detail and he obviously has done a lot of research to put together a quality tournament...sit back and let the game's continue. Maybe, Osorojo, you have a favorite?
                    Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!

While I'm sure Osorojo has valid points, this simply isn't the thread to discuss that. Further, Osorojo's assumptions and subsequent humiliation once again make him the poster child for the need to improve reading comprehension skills in at least one the Ivy League schools. After all, I laid it all out in the very first post of this thread what the point should be.
                    North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      Hate to do it to you, but WHOOOSH.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        Hate to do it to you, but WHOOOSH.
                        Unless this guy is serious. I thought he was doing a JDUBBS parody. That has to be the case, right?
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Re: Top 100 Greatest Teams of the NCAA era Tournament

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          Unless this guy is serious. I thought he was doing a JDUBBS parody. That has to be the case, right?
                          Osorojo is as serious as it gets.
                          North Dakota

Comment

I can only assume that everyone gets this excited for this tournament.
                            Well, on the flip side, if that doesn't happen I will declare it all hogwash.

Btw- Do you accept paypal?
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Well, on the flip side, if that doesn't happen I will declare it all hogwash.

Btw- Do you accept paypal?
                              Interesting idea.

Perhaps this could be sort of a "telethon" to get CHW back up and running. I know they used to accept Paypal donations.
                              North Dakota

Comment

#57 - 1999-2000 North Dakota Fighting Sioux vs. #72 - 2003-2004 Boston College Eagles
                                March 3, 2013
                                First Niagara Center - Buffalo, NY

Game Update Post

Starting Goalies:
                                North Dakota - Karl Goehring
                                Boston College - Matti Kaltiainen

The teams are just about ready to take the ice for warmups. There's a strong contingent for both sides here at the First Niagara Center, and the atmosphere is just what you'd expect from these two squads meeting up in this tournament. Looking forward to this one...

Teams just went off the ice after the warmup skate. Both sides look fast and full of energy. North Dakota will be wearing the whites, while BC is in maroon.

Teams back out for introductions. Both bands getting their fans to stand up and cheer.

Introductions are done, and singing the National Anthem today, New York's own hit band - Ninedays!!!

Absolutely fantastic performance! The crowd is abuzz and the puck is almost ready to be dropped, let the story of a hockey game commence!

1st Period:
                                - Puck has dropped! North Dakota going right to left.
                                - Boston College is all over North Dakota right now. Tony Voce with a great chance, but Goehring was able to get his blocker on it. 18:30 left in the 1st.
                                - Stephen Gionta is robbed by Goehring! Gionta stole the puck from Travis Roche around center ice and came in on a clean break. His forehand to backhand deke appeared to have Goehring beat, but Karl gets the stick over just in time and he makes the stop. 17:30 left in the 1st.
                                - Boston College will head to the powerplay, as North Dakota's Mike Commodore gets called for holding as Voce was trying to get out to the crease with the puck. 16:19 left in the 1st.
                                - Patrick Eaves with a blast that goes just wide! BC cycling the puck on the powerplay, and Eaves gets the puck out to Andrew Alberts who moves to the point, then gets it back to Eaves at the top of the near circle, but Eaves blasts it just wide of the net. About 1:00 left on the powerplay, still 0-0
                                - North Dakota kills the penalty. Following the Eaves chance, UND is able to clear the zone, and basically keeps the Eagles out from the attacking zone the rest of the powerplay. 14:00 left in the 1st.
                                - BC still controlling play early on. Shots on Goal are 6-1 for the Eagles.
                                - BC will head back to the powerplay, this time Gionta gets tripped by Roche at the blue line.
                                - Goehring comes up with a huge glove save! Alberts drive from the point hits Brian Boyle in the slot, and directs right to Chris Collins in the far circle who rips one high, but Goehring flashes leather to keep this one scoreless. About 30 seconds left on the powerplay.
                                - Tony Voce scores!! Just as the powerplay ends, Voce gets a feed from Ryan Shannon, and rips a onetimer short side above the blocker for the goal. 1-0 Eagles.
                                - Following the Eagles goal, there was a lot of neutral zone play, but once again BC was able to get the puck in and start cycling. They generated a nice shot from the point, but it was deflected high and out of play. After the whistle, Mike Commodore gets called for Roughing, and BC will be back on the powerplay with just under 8 left in the 1st.
                                - North Dakota kills the penalty. Finally, the Sioux seem to have some momentum following that PK where they shut down BC's offensive attack. 5:30 left in the 1st. 1-0 BC.
                                - Jeff Panzer with a great chance! Panzer comes in with Ulmer and Roche on a 3x2, and Ulmer fires a pass from circle to circle over to Ulmer who fires it, but Matti makes a nice blocker save. Still 1-0 with 3:30 left in the 1st.
                                - BC will head back to the powerplay for the fourth time this period, and Tim O'Connell gets called for Interference with 2:20 left in the 1st.
                                - North Dakota does a nice job of killing the penalty, and that's the end of the first period. Boston College leads 1-0.
                                - Shots on goal in the 1st: BC - 15, UND - 6

2nd Period:
                                - Puck has dropped to start the 2nd period of play! Boston College up 1-0.
                                - Oh my...another penalty to North Dakota. Jason Notermann gets called for hooking in the neutral zone just 22 seconds into the 2nd.
                                - Voce is robbed by Goehring! Andrew Alberts lets a shot fly from the point on the powerplay, and Goehring gets a piece of it. Voce is on top of the rebound, and tries to flick a shot on, but Goehring gets his glove over just in time to keep this one at 1-0. About 1:00 left on the powerplay.
                                - My oh my...Coach Blais is livid. North Dakota gets called for crosschecking, but it appeared that Gionta was tripped up by his own player. Jason Ulmer will serve the penalty, and BC has a 5x3 for 52 seconds.
                                - Jason Notermann scores!! Just as Notermann's penalty was ending, Travis Roche got control of the puck and lifted it out of the zone, connecting with Notermann who comes in all alone and roofs a backhander over Matti to tie this game at 1. BC still has 1:02 left on the powerplay.
                                - North Dakota kills off the penalty, and now has all the momentum. Panzer nearly put the Sioux up 2-1, but his wrister from the near dot was just high. 16:30 left in the 2nd.
                                - Up and down the ice they go, firewagon hockey! Both teams with lots of speed and decent offensive zone chances, but nothing gets to the net. 15:00 left in the 2nd.
                                - Panzer gets robbed...by Matti! North Dakota circling the puck in the offensive zone when Ulmer finds a streaking Panzer and fires an across the crease pass that hits Panzer's tape. Panzer's backhand appears destined for the back of the net until Matti gets his stick over just in time to prevent the goal. 13:00 left in the 2nd.
                                - North Dakota will head to the powerplay for the first time in the game, as Patrick Eaves gets called for embellishment! 12:47 left in the 2nd. 1-1.
                                - BC with a beautiful PK. North Dakota unable to get anything going in the offensive zone. We're back to 5x5 with just over 10:00 to go in the 2nd.
                                - Now North Dakota will go back to the powerplay, as Andrew Alberts gets called for interference with 8:06 to play in the 2nd.
                                - Once again, BC does a tremendous job on the PK, holding UND to zero shots on goal. Just under 6 left in the 2nd. Still 1-1.
                                - Lots of play in the neutral zone of late, neither side wants to give anything up. 4:00 left in the 2nd.
                                - There's a spark to this one! Following an offside whistle, Commodore and Alberts get into it, and they'll each take 2 minutes for Roughing. We'll skate 4x4 for awhile. 3:21 left in the 2nd.
                                - Voce robbed by Goehring! Voce and Shannon come in on a 2x1. Voce whips it over to Shannon who then executes the give and go to perfection by finding Voce all by himself at the far post. Voce tries to tap the puck in, but Goehring dives over just in time to make the save. 2:00 left in the 2nd.
                                - The matching minors are over, and we're back to full strength. Just over a minute left in the 2nd.
                                - That's the end of 2. Game tied 1-1.
                                - Shots on Goal in the 2nd Period: BC - 11 (26 total), UND - 9 (15 total)

3rd Period:
                                - Can you feel that tension in the air?? The puck has dropped for the third period...
                                - North Dakota coming out strong to start the 3rd, as Panzer's pass for Goren nearly connects...Goren would have been all by himself
                                - North Dakota will head back to the powerplay, as Brian Boyle gets called for tripping Jason Notermann in the BC zone. 18:46 left in the 3rd
                                - Wes Dorey is stonewalled by Matti! North Dakota wins an offensive zone draw, and the Sioux swing it around to the far side where Brad Defauw lets loose a wrister that Matti gets a piece. The rebound finds Dorey's stick who tries to jam it home, but Matti gets his pad over in time to stuff the attempt. Under 1:00 left in the powerplay
                                - Jeff Panzer scores!! Jason Ulmer keeps BCs clearing attempt in the zone, and finds Panzer at the near dot. Panzer one times the puck just below Matti's blocker for the goal, and North Dakota takes a 2-1 lead on the powerplay score. 16:55 left in the 3rd.
                                - The Sioux are trying to capitalize on their momentum following the goal, but BC continues to get in their way, redirecting and blocking North Dakota's attempts. 15:30 left in the 3rd.
                                - Ryan Hale nearly gives the Sioux a 3-1 advantage, but Matti comes up with another critical save in the early part of the third period. 13:30 left in the 3rd.
                                - Mike Commodore nearly scores, as his blast from the point gets tipped in front of Matti, but goes just wide of the goal. 12:00 left in the 3rd.
                                - Patrick Eaves scores!! Patrick Eaves crushes home a rebound, after Ben Eaves unleashed a wicked wrister that Goehring got a piece of, but was unable to control. Patrick Eaves then came crashing into the crease, and put the puck in the back of the net to tie this one at 2. 10:08 left in the 3rd.
                                - Both teams are a little cautious right now, just trying to make sure not to make that crucial mistake. 8:00 left in the 3rd.
                                - North Dakota will head back to the powerplay! Chris Collins gets called for a slash in the neutral zone, and the Sioux will have the man advantage with 7:08 left in the 3rd.
                                - Panzer hits the crossbar!! Roche finds Panzer on the doorstep, but his flick over Matti hits the crossbar, and we're still tied at 2. Under 1 minute left on the powerplay.
                                - BC kills the penalty, but North Dakota has all the momentum right now. 4:30 left in the 3rd.
                                - Lee Goren Scores!! North Dakota comes in on a 3x2, and Ulmer feeds a drop back pass to Panzer who finds Goren at the near post. Goren slams home the pass and North Dakota takes a 3-2 lead with just 3:00 left in the 3rd.
                                - Boston College playing all out now, defenders pinching in and getting anything and everything on net. 2:15 left in the 3rd.
                                - BC draws a penalty! Chris Leinweber is called for tripping with just 1:05 to play in the 3rd.
                                - BC has called their timeout
                                - BC has pulled Matti

Finished in new post due to exceeding character limit
                                Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 03-03-2013, 03:31 PM.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X