3. Adrian 19-1-3 21-1-3
    4. Wisconsin-Stevens Point 15-11-1 15-11-1
    5. Wisconsin-River Falls 13-10-4 13-10-4
    6. St. Scholastica 13-13-1 13-13-1
    7. Gustavus Adolphus 14-7-2 15-7-3
    8. Saint John's (Minn.) 14-7-4 14-7-4

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/icehock...ional_rankings

Re: NCAA Rankings 2/19/13

Neumann is an interesting case. How high could they rise by beating both Hobart and Utica to win the ECAC-W tournament? I am not looking at their numbers at the moment, but any chance they could then be in play for a Pool C bid?
    Originally posted by zamboney
    the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.
    2010-2011 Last Person Standing champion

Comment

Oswego better be concerned !! Hobart jumps.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Oswego better be concerned !! Hobart jumps.
        It's pretty well known that Oswego needs to win the SUNYAC tourney to get in. Their chances of a Pool C are very small. If Hobart/Utica make it to the ECAC W title game, they'll both get Pool C's. They may both get them anyway. SOS and RNK are both much better than Oswego's.

Comment

"Just Win, Baby". Al Davis
          " Survive and Advance". Jim Valvano
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Plattsburgh State is the Al Gore of the NCAA polls ! Using the 5 main criteria, the Cards are tied with Neumann, Castleton, Trinity, Mass-Boston and BEAT Williams, Amherst and Oswego.

In some cases, the Cards have better W/L, SOS and RNK !!! Oh well, they may be one of the hottest teams in the country (9 out of last 10) and are using this for extra fuel. Imagine beating a team twice, having a tougher SOS and a better record against ranked....and being 8 spots behind them in the polls ?????

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
              Plattsburgh State is the Al Gore of the NCAA polls ! Using the 5 main criteria, the Cards are tied with Neumann, Castleton, Trinity, Mass-Boston and BEAT Williams, Amherst and Oswego.

In some cases, the Cards have better W/L, SOS and RNK !!! Oh well, they may be one of the hottest teams in the country (9 out of last 10) and are using this for extra fuel. Imagine beating a team twice, having a tougher SOS and a better record against ranked....and being 8 spots behind them in the polls ?????
              Imagine that same team doesn't lose to Fredonia, Geneseo, Castleton, Norwich, Middlebury, Amherst, and tie Cortland. Plattsburgh is right where they deserve. They can beat anyone in the country on a given night......and they can lose to almost anyone on any given night. Any rank below #5 is a waste of energy at this point anyway. 8, 10, 12, 15.....it doesn't change what the Cardinals have to do. Heck, Oswego is #5 and most of us believe they have no shot at a Pool C bid.
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                Imagine that same team doesn't lose to Fredonia, Geneseo, Castleton, Norwich, Middlebury, Amherst, and tie Cortland. Plattsburgh is right where they deserve. They can beat anyone in the country on a given night......and they can lose to almost anyone on any given night. Any rank below #5 is a waste of energy at this point anyway. 8, 10, 12, 15.....it doesn't change what the Cardinals have to do. Heck, Oswego is #5 and most of us believe they have no shot at a Pool C bid.
                Especially if they beat Plattsburgh
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Are they supposed to go undefeated?? Every team has a loss here and there that they shouldn't have. There's no shame losing 1-goal games to Norwich, Amherst and even Midd and Geneseo. OK, a loss to Fredonia and a tie to Cortland weren't good. I just don't understand the logic behind some of this (if any).

I am fully aware of how the system works. And if I thought we were ranked where we should be, I wouldn't have wasted my time posting. But thanks anyway.

Comment

For all but a very very few teams in the post season, it's one and done from here on out. As Prof has said (and I paraphrase badly), if you're in an AQ conference and you need Pool C to make the tournament, you're playing with fire.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                      Are they supposed to go undefeated??
                      ...it seems to work for Coach Houle...
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

At this point it doesn't matter if Oswego and Plattsburgh are ranked 5th and 13th or 55th and 73rd neither is likely to make the NCAA's without winning the SUNYAC. I think both teams would have been in good shape with, for Oswego another win or two vs. RNK and for Platty without the loss to Freddy and the tie of Cortland. I feel as long as the numbers were close for either they would get into the NCAA's based on the potential for decent attendance at Lake Placid if one or both of them made it their. At this point the numbers just aren't close enough to make that happen so their fates are in their own hands now.

Comment

I'm obviously a University of Saint Thomas fan and I know we haven't had the best season but I see we are not ranked by either poll (yet) even though we beat Saint Johns twice and Gustavus Adolphus twice this year and they are ranked in the NCAA west rankings today. I guess it must be our strength of schedule (or lack of). Maybe will serve as some kind of motivation to our players if they or the coaches pay attention to that. They say they don't though...Just wondering what others think??

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the NCAA poll any better than the USCHO poll.
                            Stevens Point are ranked 4th in the West when they have already been eliminated from the NCHA playoffs by the team ranked 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                              I'm not sure I understand the NCAA poll any better than the USCHO poll.
                              Stevens Point are ranked 4th in the West when they have already been eliminated from the NCHA playoffs by the team ranked 5th.
                              Code:
                                  Wisconsin-River Falls vs Wisconsin-Stevens Point
                              WIN      0.5556  0           0.5741  1
                              SOS      0.5397  0           0.5758  1
                              H2H     1- 3- 1  0          3- 1- 1  1
                              COP     6- 7- 3  1          7- 9- 0  0
                              RNK     4- 9- 2  0          7- 9- 1  1
                              ============================================
                              PTS              1                   4
                              ============================================
                              PWR              4                   6
                              Conference playoff games count the same as regular season games, and UWSP still torches UWRF under the criteria.
                              Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                              A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                              A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                              A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                              Some National Championships:
                              Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                              Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Working...
                              X