Miami vs Ohio State March 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami vs Ohio State March 2

i'll be in Oxford the weekend of March 2 and would love to attend this game. Only tix available are standing room. Can someone give me an idea as to standing room at Miami? I don't mind standing if the sight lines are good and not too far from the action. is it a big building? i stand at yale games all the time and it's fine- but its a small building.
    or if someone knows where i can get some decent seats please let me know...

thanks for any advice!

Re: Miami vs Ohio State March 2

Zero issues with sight lines, and the area is only 15 rows, so not far away from the ice at all.

There isn't really a secondary market for tickets, but usually the box office releases a handful of returned reserved seats just before the weekend. Worth throwing the ticket office a follow on twitter if that's the direction you want to go. https://***********/RedHawktix

Comment

thanks for the info-- that helps and i'm following now on twitter as well.

Comment

It's also worth noting that those with standing room only tickets are permitted to move down into the vacant seats when there is 5 minutes remaining in the first or after 5 minutes elapse in the second. I don't recall which is correct, I have not been in a couple of years. But if you do go SRO, you'll more than likely be able to catch the majority of the game from a seated position.

Comment

Standing room is fine at Miami. Good view of the ice. My friends and I always get standing room tix...as that is the allotment Miami gives to the opposing team's ticket office.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G
          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
          2 Alaskan

Comment

thanks guys - i really appreciate all the info. couple questions-- how early should we get there for standing room? where exactly do people stand? does it get 'layered' in people or is it just one ring of people. i know some places get numerous bodies deep in the standing room area. finally, do they typically sell out of standing room? i'm trying to find regular tickets but of course don't want to get shut out- thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              My friends and I always get standing room tix...as that is the allotment Miami gives to the opposing team's ticket office.
              There is an away section, not sure where you are getting this info.

Originally posted by eddieras View Post
              thanks guys - i really appreciate all the info. couple questions-- how early should we get there for standing room? where exactly do people stand? does it get 'layered' in people or is it just one ring of people. i know some places get numerous bodies deep in the standing room area. finally, do they typically sell out of standing room? i'm trying to find regular tickets but of course don't want to get shut out- thanks again!
              Doors open an hour before puck drop. Given that the students start getting wristbands and fill in the student seats first, you would be able to get a good standing area assuming you had your ticket and were ready to go when the doors open. Whenever I went to games with the intention of standing, I always went for the corners because they had the best sight lines without much obstructed view.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                There is an away section, not sure where you are getting this info.
                She just can't resist the oppurtunity to jab at an Ohio school, even if it is false. Michigan probably just gives all the reserved seats (Section 8) to parents, and SRO to their fans.

I've always found the whining about away tickets entertaning, what are we supposed to do, give up 30% of our arena to opposing fans? I'm sure the proportion we allot is in line with every other school in the CCHA.

Edit: That camera is basically on the ground, those bars are only waist high - just to give you an idea on LOS.

Last edited by MUhawks628; 02-20-2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

so do the standees stand behind the seats all the way around the rink? does it get multiple people deep or are you pretty much assured an unobstructed view from other standees?

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    She just can't resist the oppurtunity to jab at an Ohio school, even if it is false. Michigan probably just gives all the reserved seats (Section 8) to parents, and SRO to their fans.
                    True, both of these statements. Though I was trying to just state facts in my earlier post, not "take jabs".

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    I've always found the whining about away tickets entertaning, what are we supposed to do, give up 30% of our arena to opposing fans? I'm sure the proportion we allot is in line with every other school in the CCHA.
                    I don't think anyone is asking for 30% of the arena. Maybe 3%. I imagine the CCHA has a guideline on how many tickets are to be made available to the opposing ticket office. So the proportion alloted should be in line with the rest of the conference. However, I believe Miami is the only school to give SRO to the opposing ticket office. I know the first year of the new rink, Michigan's ticket office thought the SRO tickets were a mistake, sent them back, and then had none available for fans.

But, I actually like the SRO tickets so this is not a complaint, just an interesting point.

so do the standees stand behind the seats all the way around the rink? does it get multiple people deep or are you pretty much assured an unobstructed view from other standees?
                    I have always been able to find a great spot, with a great view that is not multiple people deep. And that's even with a group of 6 or 8 of us, we can find enough space for us all to have good unobstructed views.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

well i waited too long for the SRO - only one ticket left-which i grabbed, but i need another. i notice when ordering the tickets had numbers on them - are the standing tix numbered where you can only stand in a particular area??
                      also - anyone have an extra i'd love to buy so i don't have to wait to last minute- i did sign up for the twitter feed too-- thanks!

Comment

are the standing tix numbered where you can only stand in a particular area??
                        No, general admission.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                          No, general admission.
                          Great, thanks!

Comment

just wanted to thank everyone for the advice. i did grab a couple seats when tweeted - great game saturday and even better visit. thanks again to everyone who helped!

Comment

Working...
                            X