New Hampshire v. Vermont (2/22, 2/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hampshire v. Vermont (2/22, 2/23)

This is an important weekend for both teams. UNH is trying to secure home-ice and possibly a regular season title, while UVM has an arduous remaining schedule to secure a spot in the hockey east playoffs. UVM has been playing better as of late, so this should be an interesting weekend.

Re: New Hampshire v. Vermont (2/22, 2/23)

Good god UVM's last 3 weekends of the season are ridiculous. The Green Cats are really going to have to scratch and claw to remain in the playoff scenario. If Maine wasn't the rivalry weekend, I'd give UNH a solid shot of taking the regular season title given the remaining schedules. UNH needs to flip all the calendars in the Whittemore Center to November and play like they did in the beginning of the season.

The trip to the Gutt is always an adventure, I would be ecstatic with a 3 point weekend for the Blue Cats.
    UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Except for the HE playoff series where we had consecutive 1-0 wins in your rink, you guys have generally given us fits. Our defense seems to have come together a bit lately, but that was, of course, against the bottom teams in HE. So it'll be interesting to see if we can carry it over against a team like UNH. Scoring is always a challenge for us and it'd be nice to break out with a 3 or 4 goal game. The fact that it's a home series may help us a bit, but I don't see it as a huge factor. I'd be happy with 2 points, but wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen.

Comment

Both games this weekend are also on TV...

Friday (2/22) at 7pm on NESN
        Saturday (2/23) at 4pm on CBS Sports

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
          Both games this weekend are also on TV...

Friday (2/22) at 7pm on NESN
          Saturday (2/23) at 4pm on CBS Sports
          It took me forever to figure out that the national channels contract out to NESN for most of the games in this region. Hence why NESN almost always has the other 3 periods when all 6 are in one spot.
          Hit Somebody!

Comment

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
            Good god UVM's last 3 weekends of the season are ridiculous. The Green Cats are really going to have to scratch and claw to remain in the playoff scenario. If Maine wasn't the rivalry weekend, I'd give UNH a solid shot of taking the regular season title given the remaining schedules. UNH needs to flip all the calendars in the Whittemore Center to November and play like they did in the beginning of the season.

The trip to the Gutt is always an adventure, I would be ecstatic with a 3 point weekend for the Blue Cats.
            I wouldn't be too concerned........

Comment

UNH's DC Alumni Association is having a gamewatch Friday night at The Laughing Man Tavern near Metro Center. New location, and a strong turnout is expected. The local planning committee is having a pre-game meeting to talk about other events in the area at 6PM if anyone is interested. All are welcome.

(Forgive the cross-posting)
              BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
              CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
              2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
              2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

I just don't get the idea that Gutterson is a tough place for UNH to play. Correct me if Im wrong, but hasn't UNH only lost a couple times up there since the Tim Thomas era? Seems to me that UVM has had more luck against the Wildcats in Durham than in Burlington during that time.

Don't even get me going on the idea that Maine is going to get points in Durham...

Its hard to believe, but have to say that a team winless in its last four (UNH) has to be the favorite to grab the RS title given its schedule the rest of the way.
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                  Its hard to believe, but have to say that a team winless in its last four (UNH) has to be the favorite to grab the RS title given its schedule the rest of the way.
                  I just hope the rest of the league knows that!
                  Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

If a UNH player falls in the woods and nobody else is there is it still a penalty on Vermont?
                    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

I thought most of the calls were warranted, except for one marginal hook. The boarding against Camper could have been 5 and the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                        If a UNH player falls in the woods and nobody else is there is it still a penalty on Vermont?
                        I think the game was well called minus the interference call on Bruneteau. Seemed like the puck and player were there simultaneously. Vermont wanted to win the fight rather than the game midway through the 2nd period. The boarding call warrented 5 at least.
                        UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

I think the game was well called minus the interference call on Bruneteau. Seemed like the puck and player were there simultaneously. Vermont wanted to win the fight rather than the game midway through the 2nd period. The boarding call warrented 5 at least.
                          watched the game on nesn. the wildcats frustrated uvm like they have other opponents and this time they cashed in with three pp goals. it was a good win for the wildcats in very hostile territory! keep it going tonight.
                          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Wow UNH fans liked the reffing I'm amazed. Outscored 3-1 5 on 5 those PP's saved your bacon.

I have not seen more flopping since the last time I saw THE MIGHTY DUCKS movie. Yea we all know the scene.

UNH players were falling all over the ice even without being touched, they either need a new guy working
                            on the skates or find some pride. UVM would have probably had more calls but they actually tried to stay up
                            when making contact.
                            New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Looks like we have a new team worthy of the designation "Skating Mother Theresas" now, eh??

Not wanting to sound cocky, but just saying it like it is ... last night was UVM's chance to "steal" one, as they popped in three goals on a limited number of legit scoring chances, and DeSmith was definitely struggling well below his usual form. If UNH can put in the same all-around effort, AND get the usual high quality play from DeSmith tonight - and he has been pretty good bouncing back from poor performances - they *should* complete the sweep ...

BUT the story of UNH at this time of the season in years past is that they'll come up with clunkers out of nowhere against opposition they should be able to beat. UVM is still fighting for a playoff spot, and I'm sure they will be up for it. Question now is, will UNH start playing as well as they were earlier in the season, or are we still going to see them doing their "Jeckyl & Hyde" routine, and give it up with a substandard effort? For that reason alone, tonight will be VERY interesting ...
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                              X