Yale @ RPI - Saturday, Feb 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale @ RPI - Saturday, Feb 16th

Big game tonight... a very dangerous Yale team visits HFH. Yale lost to Union on Friday night, so they will be motivated to take a win back to New Haven.

And we have some motivation in mind... to be attentive to details... to skate our game... to keep a good thing going... to just win, baby.

GO RED, win on Saturday night.
    Here we come!

Re: Yale @ RPI - Saturday, Feb 16th

2012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         7- 3- 3 17 points   .654
    fr joe             6- 4- 2 12 points   .583
    GRussinko          1- 0- 0  2 points  1.000
    hockeyhound        0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    burgie12           0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    engineerhockeyfan  0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points   .000

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    Ralph Baer        32-31-11 75 points  .507
    fr joe            33-35- 9 75 points  .487
    engineerhockeyfan 16-21- 4 36 points  .439
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1 23 points  .442
    GRussinko          9-14- 2 20 points  .400
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    DrDemento          4-15- 3 11 points  .250
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 2- 0  6 points  .600
    jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    REDRocket          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The team is on a roll the likes of which I haven't seen since I started following them back in'93.
      I want to thank fr joe for starting this thread, he is also on a roll.
      This is the first time I can remember the team playing well and getting the breaks. Someone once told me that you make your own breaks. Maybe they were right.
      Lets just keep this going. It is a lot more fun than the other stuff.

Lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

This latest run ties the best league streak I have seen since 1985. We just do not run off 7 wins in a row all that often-not many teams do. Now if that penalty call in the waning minutes against union wasn't made we would be talking about an unbeaten streak of 8 games. Tonight we will be facing a Yale team that suddenly has more urgency to have to win. We will lose a bit of the advantage of the fatigue factor as we too have now played the night before. Brown looked like they just had no legs yesterday in the first period-perhaps related to having played Tuesday. Saturday nights are for the teams that want it more. Both teams will be feeling that they played the night before. Plus, and i hate ot mention it, we have a different set of officials for this game. Yesterday, I felt the crew we had called a very fair game for the first 2 periods, it seemed every penalty was deserved and they let an equal number of infractions go for both sides and we were not forced to play short handed early in the game. Things got a bit rough as the game wore on and they did have to make some extra calls in the third. it would be nice if we had the same kind of game called for tonight-but somehow I doubt that will be the case.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          This latest run ties the best league streak I have seen since 1985. We just do not run off 7 wins in a row all that often-not many teams do. Now if that penalty call in the waning minutes against union wasn't made we would be talking about an unbeaten streak of 8 games. Tonight we will be facing a Yale team that suddenly has more urgency to have to win. We will lose a bit of the advantage of the fatigue factor as we too have now played the night before. Brown looked like they just had no legs yesterday in the first period-perhaps related to having played Tuesday. Saturday nights are for the teams that want it more. Both teams will be feeling that they played the night before. Plus, and i hate ot mention it, we have a different set of officials for this game. Yesterday, I felt the crew we had called a very fair game for the first 2 periods, it seemed every penalty was deserved and they let an equal number of infractions go for both sides and we were not forced to play short handed early in the game. Things got a bit rough as the game wore on and they did have to make some extra calls in the third. it would be nice if we had the same kind of game called for tonight-but somehow I doubt that will be the case.
          Doc, this is a different team than in the past. They have bought into the system and more important, they have gotten smarter.
          In the last few games that I have been able to see either in person or on RPItv, Curadi has had many opportunities to slam his man into the boards the way he did earlier in the year, only to get called for a penalty.
          Now he just rides them in. Lee has stopped taking stupid penalties. And the rest of the team is following their lead.
          Of course, a referee can call anything he wants, and we have had plenty of calls go against us in the past, but these guys aren't giving them the easy calls that they did earlier in the year.
          Add to that, the power play finally has some power. So I am not as worried about playing a special teams game.
          Think happy thoughts.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            Doc, this is a different team than in the past. They have bought into the system and more important, they have gotten smarter.
            In the last few games that I have been able to see either in person or on RPItv, Curadi has had many opportunities to slam his man into the boards the way he did earlier in the year, only to get called for a penalty.
            Now he just rides them in. Lee has stopped taking stupid penalties. And the rest of the team is following their lead.
            Of course, a referee can call anything he wants, and we have had plenty of calls go against us in the past, but these guys aren't giving them the easy calls that they did earlier in the year.
            Add to that, the power play finally has some power. So I am not as worried about playing a special teams game.
            Think happy thoughts.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I agree totally with your thoughts-as usual-but talk to me tomorrow-after we have the experience of 60 minutes of a Kotyra officiated game. All bets are off with him on the ice. Last night-we were the best first period team I have seen (and i do think Brown was a step slow and maybe Tuesday's game played a part). We were a good second period team but it was a lot more even and we got some fortunate bounces. The third period was just OK. We did not let up as we have often in the past-but we made more sloppy or lazy plays in the third than we had the other two periods for certain. What was really obvious was our start-we scored early, we did not get called for an early penalty (let us see how that goes tonight) and we actually earned a 5 on 3 situation instead of having to defend one(not that it helps us much to have a 2 man advantage). We were a very good team last night, even a great team in the first period. As i mentioned- just about the best streak of RPI hockey for me since 1985-and that is saying something very special. But I am just holding back a little exuberance because we have so many injuries and our depth is now just a bit more suspect( in spite of having guys step in and just play their hearts out-I thought Fulton and Burg was just fantastic) and we have not recently faced the adversity of a poorly officiated game. (well we had one-and fortunately it does not count in the league standings) My optimism level is near tilt-but there is that little voice in the back of my head talking to me-just saying give it one more game before getting carried away.

Comment

Doc, my optimism is extremely cautious. I don't know how far we can take this streak and as you said, our depth is compromised. We certainly cannot take an injury to any of our defensemen.
              However, if they stay healthy and continue the "process", the sky's the limit. Great team defense and great goaltending wins championships. And we have had both over the last six weeks.
              Kasdorf has been great, but lately, he has only been called upon to make one or two great saves a night. What really makes him great, is that he doesn't let in any easy ones. The team has kept the shots to the outside and clear the rebounds extremely well.
              I wish we had a couple of our injured players back, but we will do the best we can with what we have. Lately, that has been pretty good.
              Benjamin Franklin
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                Doc, my optimism is extremely cautious. I don't know how far we can take this streak and as you said, our depth is compromised. We certainly cannot take an injury to any of our defensemen.
                However, if they stay healthy and continue the "process", the sky's the limit. Great team defense and great goaltending wins championships. And we have had both over the last six weeks.
                Kasdorf has been great, but lately, he has only been called upon to make one or two great saves a night. What really makes him great, is that he doesn't let in any easy ones. The team has kept the shots to the outside and clear the rebounds extremely well.
                I wish we had a couple of our injured players back, but we will do the best we can with what we have. Lately, that has been pretty good.
                That's my point. I agree that kaz has been super-and I think he will only get better. I agree guys have stepped up and played for the injured fellows very well. But i look at the bench and we are really thinned down. And every game now, perhaps even every shift now, can be critical to the success of the season. I am sure hoping we can get Tinordi and O'Grady back fast-and at least one more defenseman. The chemistry we displayed yesterday in that first period was absurdly good. Brown just had no answer for it. But we also had the advantage of SA being able to play his lines the way he wanted-no penalties of consequence and we had the last change being at home. I love the way we are playing-I just want this to continue so badly-this is a talented team and should get the chance to play the way we all know they can.

Comment

RPI Lines are out....no changes http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...13.pdf?id=1469
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    That's my point. I agree that kaz has been super-and I think he will only get better. I agree guys have stepped up and played for the injured fellows very well. But i look at the bench and we are really thinned down. And every game now, perhaps even every shift now, can be critical to the success of the season. I am sure hoping we can get Tinordi and O'Grady back fast-and at least one more defenseman. The chemistry we displayed yesterday in that first period was absurdly good. Brown just had no answer for it. But we also had the advantage of SA being able to play his lines the way he wanted-no penalties of consequence and we had the last change being at home. I love the way we are playing-I just want this to continue so badly-this is a talented team and should get the chance to play the way we all know they can.
                    Spot on, as usual Doc. Your concerns about the bench are well noted. The best thing has been whoever has been suited up to play whether it be Commers, Fulton, Burgie, etc. has stepped up big time. That play by Fulton last night was not only intelligent, but most players would have just tried to kick it out of the zone which would have probably resulted in an excellent scoring chance for Brown. Both Bokenfohr and Hampton are practicing and should be back soon so that should help out the bench situation.

For those posters who are going to tonight's game, just a reminder that this is our annual whiteout game (not as well publicized as Freakout or Black Friday) so try to wear WHITE to the game tonight. But, as always, Let's go RED!

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      Nothing like going with what has worked well before. Go Red!!!

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        We could really only make one change unless Merriam or Diebold were to play goal or outside of goal.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                          Spot on, as usual Doc. Your concerns about the bench are well noted. The best thing has been whoever has been suited up to play whether it be Commers, Fulton, Burgie, etc. has stepped up big time. That play by Fulton last night was not only intelligent, but most players would have just tried to kick it out of the zone which would have probably resulted in an excellent scoring chance for Brown. Both Bokenfohr and Hampton are practicing and should be back soon so that should help out the bench situation.

For those posters who are going to tonight's game, just a reminder that this is our annual whiteout game (not as well publicized as Freakout or Black Friday) so try to wear WHITE to the game tonight. But, as always, Let's go RED!
                          Tighty whities don't count either.

Comment

Yale Lines... http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...PI.pdf?id=1471
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

RPI women off to a slow start this afternoon, allowing 3 goals on just 13 shots, before coming back to score 2 of their own (both by Toni Sanders) and now trail Brown 3-2 with 5 mins left in the second. Shots are 23-13 for RPI.

Comment

Working...
                              X