Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    They're 14 and 15, get it right!
    Allegedly
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
      Physician, heal thyself.
      Don't hold your breath!

Somebody in the game thread mentioned getting cold beer across the street from Agganis -- is that because the beer in Agganis is warm, or expensive? (Or both. Yeesh.)
      Bugs Bunny - 96
      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
        Don't hold your breath!

Somebody in the game thread mentioned getting cold beer across the street from Agganis -- is that because the beer in Agganis is warm, or expensive? (Or both. Yeesh.)
        Expensive, yes. Don't know about cold, never bought one there. Though the prices at Sunset aren't a whole lot less.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          Expensive, yes. Don't know about cold, never bought one there. Though the prices at Sunset aren't a whole lot less.
          mookie went to the pizza place that replace upper crust last game... not bad at all. plus they had beer too.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Expensive, yes. Don't know about cold, never bought one there.
            Expensive yes, but at least they have it.... and I have had everything from "very good" as far as temperature / carbonation etc to downright awful.

I'm not sure how often they clean the taps.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              mookie went to the pizza place that replace upper crust last game... not bad at all. plus they had beer too.
              Otto is awesome. They are slowly taking over the upscale pizza market from Upper Crust, and rightly so, they're better. Try the mashed potato, bacon, and scallion pizza if you've not already. There's also one in Harvard Square and Coolidge Corner down the street from my apartment...I enjoy it frequently. I have to walk by it every morning on my way to work and smell the dough.....
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Otto is awesome. They are slowly taking over the upscale pizza market from Upper Crust, and rightly so, they're better. Try the mashed potato, bacon, and scallion pizza if you've not already. There's also one in Harvard Square and Coolidge Corner down the street from my apartment...I enjoy it frequently. I have to walk by it every morning on my way to work and smell the dough.....
                Slowly? Didn't most of the Upper Crust's go under?

Comment

Moscatel still injured?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Slowly? Didn't most of the Upper Crust's go under?
                    True, though Otto still only has three locations and is unknown to most who don't live there. I guess my view is skewed because the Coolidge Corner one is still open, literally across the street from Otto. Otto is packed 7 days a week during dinner hour, Upper Crust is...not.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

So, I was at the BC-MD bouncy ball game last night (don't judge me.) and I took a stroll around the concourse. And there they were in a nice display case. All the hardware. Explain to me again why BU doesn't display the National Championship and Hockey East trophies?

BU: If Ya Got it, Flaunt It
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        So, I was at the BC-MD bouncy ball game last night (don't judge me.) and I took a stroll around the concourse. And there they were in a nice display case. All the hardware. Explain to me again why BU doesn't display the National Championship and Hockey East trophies?

BU: If Ya Got it, Flaunt It
                        They are waiting for someone to step up and donate $$$$$ to make a display case.
                        If you want to see them now you have to hope your bu ID, when waved, will open the doors to the hockey office

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          If you want to see them now you have to hope your bu ID, when waved, will open the doors to the hockey office
                          Or wait till the next kegger/orgy in the building.

Allegedly.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Or wait till the next kegger/orgy in the building.

Allegedly.
                            You still have to hope your ID gets you in!

Boys didn't (allegedly) prop open the door with spent barrels?!? Did they!?!

Comment

The 1949 trophy is freakin' awesome. Too bad it's not in there all alone.

How much does a trophy case cost? I saw some nice glass cabinets at Jordon's this past weekend. Put it on Buddy Power's Visa. He'll never notice.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                The 1949 trophy is freakin' awesome.
                                Truthfully, it really is. The NCAA plaque thing is so lame.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X