Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    More than any other position, goalies are a crapshoot.You'll recall a pair of scholarship goalies, Gillespie and Siewic, lost the job to recruited walk-on John Curry, who managed to become a two-time All-American and HE Player of the Year. For the 2006 recruit class, Quinn reportedly had his choice of Brett Bennett and Joe Palmer, the two NTDP goalies. Neither had particularly good college careers. We'll see.
    Yup... And thus you can't have too many goalies!

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Do they know if it was a result of something hockey related? I'm assuming it was as it doesn't sound like something that just happens out of nowhere, but I'm no doctor. Would be even scarier if it had nothing to do with hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Do they know if it was a result of something hockey related? I'm assuming it was as it doesn't sound like something that just happens out of nowhere, but I'm no doctor. Would be even scarier if it had nothing to do with hockey.
        I'd blame an Eagle cheap shot, but the timeline is all wrong.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Nothing has been said about cause that I've read. I don't know a thing about the topic, but I find it difficult to see how a hole in the lung could develop as a direct result of hockey. If I had to make a very uneducated guess, a genetic or birth defect that never was noticed or reared its head, and was exacerbated over time by physical and cardiovascular activity (ie, playing hockey.)
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Chris Bourque cut by the Bruins today. Who's Felger gonna pick on now?
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Pandolfo?

And felger is a bu guy

Bourque is a good ahl player but not a fit at the nhl level

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Bourque is a good ahl player but not a fit at the nhl level
                Totally. He would have been better off staying and getting his degree. But I think everybody knew that but him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Totally. He would have been better off staying and getting his degree. But I think everybody knew that but him.
                  Doesn't sound like a degree was in his future, NHL or no NHL.
                  I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by pirate View Post
                    Doesn't sound like a degree was in his future, NHL or no NHL.
                    IIRC it wasn't so much that he couldn't do the coursework but was more that he wouldn't. I might be wrong though.

Comment

Geez, I see Charlie Coyle has been playing for the Wild and has a couple goals already. Just over a year after leaving. None of us were fans of how he left mid-season, but it sure doesn't look good that he wasn't blossoming under Parker, when he clearly had the talent.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Even if he took 8 years. He would have been a perfect fit to play Blutarsky in BU Hockey Animal House had he stuck around to enjoy all the festivities of the past few years over there.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          I'd blame an Eagle cheap shot, but the timeline is all wrong.
                          Didn't Buffalo play in Boston recently?

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          Geez, I see Charlie Coyle has been playing for the Wild and has a couple goals already. Just over a year after leaving. None of us were fans of how he left mid-season, but it sure doesn't look good that he wasn't blossoming under Parker, when he clearly had the talent.
                          Come on we know Coyle isn't that good. I read about it here daily last year.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            Come on we know Coyle isn't that good. I read about it here daily last year.
                            Side note - as a dad of a kid that plays (very early - will be a Squirt next season), it's refreshing to see that someone who played at Weymouth High for at least a couple seasons can complete in the NHL. Not that I expect my son to get that far, or even college hockey for that matter.

Side note to the side note: for those who may recall my post awhile back about running into former Clarkson goalie Chris Rogles - he is going to be my son's coach next year. I'm thrilled - he's a great guy. I'll have to promise not to wear any Amonte gear around him - may put him into a bad mood.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Moscatel! Good for him!

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Moscatel! Good for him!
                                Bummer that Noonan appears hurt, thought they played well...opponent's record notwithstanding
                                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X