Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

As for your goaltenders, maybe the ONLY area not to worry about. Then again, I know mookie isn't sold on at least OC. not sure about maguire. Wont matter anyway unless you clean things up defensively.

Comment

Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      As for your goaltenders, maybe the ONLY area not to worry about. Then again, I know mookie isn't sold on at least OC. not sure about maguire. Wont matter anyway unless you clean things up defensively.
      oconnor has improved on his lateral movement. i'll give credit for that.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Regarding who's suspeneded and who isn't, the bottom line is these kids have no respect for the team or the school they represent. Normally I'd blame the players, but this keeps happening regardless of who's on the team.
        I dont think it is fair to say that about all, or even most of the players. Certainly it is fair to say about the handful of them who have gotten into trouble, and maybe a couple of others, but I think there are plenty who do.

Clearly the coach isn't instilling any pride or loyalty in these clowns.
        I think there is some truth to that... again I don't think it is fair to say that about all of the players, but about the glaring minority yes sure. That being said, I think if you are starting with a person who goes totally against the grain in the first place, it is pretty hard to get them to "see the light" so to speak.

As I told a fellow poster after the Beanpot, yes the kids may all be candy @ sses and crybabies but that's the whole generation not just the ones playing for BU.
        Bull$h!t. I know kids on other sports at BU, who play their sport in the right way and have plenty of pride and respect for themselves, their team and the university.

These problems aren't occuring on this scale in other programs, especially the one up the street so get somebody in here who can relate to the little bahstids. Using the Red Sox as an example, its well known that Beckett, Lester, etc are a bunch of whiners. Having said that, if Bobby Valentine couldn't get them to give 100% its easier to find a manager who can as opposed to replacing the entire team.
        Well in this case, they sent Beckett and others packing... so obviously the Sox figured there was plenty of blame to go around.

As I've mentioned before in the BU threads, I really question how much vetting and screening we are doing on these recruits, or if we are just blindly going after the most talented kids we can get without regarding some of the intangibles to try to "keep up with the Joneses".... and if that is the case shame on the coaching staff. We would have a lot fewer of these types of issues if we were starting off with the right kids in the first place.

As Herb Brooks said... It's not about the best players, its about the right players.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          As Herb Brooks said... It's not about the best players, its about the right players.
          except that situation is not comparable AT ALL to any other team construction dynamic anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            except that situation is not comparable AT ALL to any other team construction dynamic anywhere.
            Different situation, but the sentiment still applies.

Comment

Busy Friday over at BC! 5 more embellishments, 2 more rapes, a senile coach, 2 more beanpot 4th place finishes, and some group sex in the penalty box and BC will be just like BU!

And a partridge in a pear tree.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

It may be a little early, but what three players will leave during the 2012-2013 year if JP stays...
                2010...the 2 Saponari's & Glass
                2011...Trovino,Nicastro,Coyle
                2012...Privaterra,Cisse,Myron
                2013...???

Comment

That was something.
                  Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

dumbass maine with a play we'd expect to see from bu... time for one final rush so no dman thinks to hang back, rush all five.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      dumbass maine with a play we'd expect to see from bu... time for one final rush so no dman thinks to hang back, rush all five.
                      Nah, it was just luck.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

I watched a bunch, but was not glued to the TV....

Did the 4th line play much? Or at all? We looked gassed the last 10 min ...

Comment

I watched a bunch, but was not glued to the TV....

Did the 4th line play much? Or at all? We looked gassed the last 10 min ...
                          Not much, they got probably 7 or 8 mins of ice time at most. Virtually none in the 3rd.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                            mookie sees things differently. On many issues!
                            you don't say......... what does it say about me when i find myself agreeing with him most of the time?

Comment

I dont think it is fair to say that about all, or even most of the players. Certainly it is fair to say about the handful of them who have gotten into trouble, and maybe a couple of others, but I think there are plenty who do.

As I've mentioned before in the BU threads, I really question how much vetting and screening we are doing on these recruits, or if we are just blindly going after the most talented kids we can get without regarding some of the intangibles to try to "keep up with the Joneses".... and if that is the case shame on the coaching staff. We would have a lot fewer of these types of issues if we were starting off with the right kids in the first place.
                              We tend to forget who does most of the recruiting and runs most of the practices ... the assistants. Since Quinn left the problems, especially with D-men have gone up. I don't agree that Clendening and Noonan were/are bad apples, but they sure lost control after great 1st years. The All-american D-men tradition has gone out the window. JackPa is totally in the bubble, but who thinks that Buddy Powers is in same league with Jerry's assistants as far as recruiting and practice coaching? Big key to Jerry's success is his assistants have been with him at BC for a long time. You won't see a big time asst at BU until JackPa steps down. And you know he won't until he at least reaches 900.

Comment

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
                                And you know he won't until he at least reaches 900.
                                And that's scary, because that's not happening this year...(unless they run the table and get to the Hockey East Championship game)

Comment

Working...
                                X