Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    I never made a specific pricing model in my head, but the fact that the back row in the corner costs the same as the middle of the section on the red line makes no sense to me.

Let's say X for the dead center section, X-2 for the sections on either side of it, and X-5 for the section below the dots and the one in the corner. This wouldn't help me personally but what other "state-of-the-art" stadium in America has a one price fits all seating model?
    Was North Dakota a one price fits all model? I know Lowell doesn't change price based on location, but at $14, it's already so low it wouldn't make sense. I know at UConn when my dad had season tickets for basketball the seats in the front row of the XL Center were the same price as the seats in the absolute last row of the upper deck in a 16,000+ arena, which was absurd.

I'd love to see Agganis move to a tiered pricing structure, or at least offer some other kind of pricing model, maybe reduced admission for kids under 12 or something, or a lower third tier price for games against crap teams, because it's ridiculous to make people pay $32 a ticket to see us play Holy Cross and the exhibition games (not commenting on likelihood of a win). I understand Agganis offers a generally better arena product than you can get elsewhere in the league, I'm looking at you Merrimack, but sitting in a corner up at the top to watch BU-Harvard is not worth $32 a ticket, plus parking, plus food, and very few are going to pay it, hence the 1,000+ empty seats every non-BC game. I know they've done a few of those $15 ticket promotions in the past, but the problem was they were late, poorly advertised, and the Ticketmaster fees tacked on another $8-10 per ticket that if I were someone clicking on the promo email I'd feel that it wasn't much of a deal in the end because of that.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Am I the only one who thinks it would be nice if they could tell us the schedule before asking us to renew?
      HE hasn't released their schedule so they can't give exact dates, but at least they did list some opponents.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        HE hasn't released their schedule so they can't give exact dates, but at least they did list some opponents.
        Still would be nice to know prior to the renewal deadline.... and I don't think we have known in recent years... and I bet we don't this year either.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          The problem with that from BC's POV is there is virtually zero movement in the lower bowl year over year.
          Is this supposed to be another Kevin Hayes joke??

And really at this point I don't think there is a Premium seat section... any seat can be a premium seat, just that you get access to the club room and elevator etc.

The only real way to sepearte pricing would be behind the nets, but given that those are all student tickets it does not make much sense.
          True, you can get a "Premium Seat" anywhere, but there are still Premium Seat sections in the middle sidelines in the upper rows. My understanding is that you would have to pay the higher prices for season tickets in that area whether you want the club room benefits or not.

I never made a specific pricing model in my head, but the fact that the back row in the corner costs the same as the middle of the section on the red line makes no sense to me.

Let's say X for the dead center section, X-2 for the sections on either side of it, and X-5 for the section below the dots and the one in the corner. This wouldn't help me personally but what other "state-of-the-art" stadium in America has a one price fits all seating model?
          Most stadiums have multiple levels where Agganis has the single bowl. That is why I was curious as to your opinion. I think (could be wrong) TD Garden has a single price for their lower bowl (loge) for Bruins games.

Comment

Was North Dakota a one price fits all model? I know Lowell doesn't change price based on location, but at $14, it's already so low it wouldn't make sense. I know at UConn when my dad had season tickets for basketball the seats in the front row of the XL Center were the same price as the seats in the absolute last row of the upper deck in a 16,000+ arena, which was absurd.
            Technically all ND season tickets cost the same ($390), but there are 5 donation levels at which different seats are available for you to buy. Minimum level is $120 for upper deck corners, up to $3K to have a lower bowl seat between the blue lines.

Does UConn still do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
              Most stadiums have multiple levels where Agganis has the single bowl. That is why I was curious as to your opinion. I think (could be wrong) TD Garden has a single price for their lower bowl (loge) for Bruins games.
              Bruins season tickets appear to have 8 price points for the lower bowl, not 100% sure on that as they don't actually list prices here, but why else would they differentiate?

Comment

I was looking at an old seating chart. I don't disagree with Agganis' pricing model though, I think the sight lines are very good all the way around.
                Last edited by joen05; 02-25-2013, 11:48 AM. Reason: Was looking at an old seating chart.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                  From what I can see, they do have different prices in the lower bowl. I believe they, like many others, also price the end the home team shoots at twice higher than the other end, could be something for Agganis to consider.

Still would be nice to know prior to the renewal deadline.... and I don't think we have known in recent years... and I bet we don't this year either.
                  True, it would be nice for them to release what they have some time in July before the deadline. Wouldn't be realistic now, but certainly then, even if there were no definitive dates, but just a list of who we're playing and what conference games will be at home.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

True, it would be nice for them to release what they have some time in July before the deadline. Wouldn't be realistic now, but certainly then, even if there were no definitive dates, but just a list of who we're playing and what conference games will be at home.
                    Really, for me at least, I think the Dates are equally important.... or at least to know that the games will be primarially on Friday and Saturday evenings as per usual.

Comment

Technically all ND season tickets cost the same ($390), but there are 5 donation levels at which different seats are available for you to buy. Minimum level is $120 for upper deck corners, up to $3K to have a lower bowl seat between the blue lines.

Does UConn still do that?
                      There's a point system there where you get points for donations that accrue over time, and your point level determines your seat location, but season tickets didn't, and even less so now, take up the entire arena, or even the lower bowl, so there were multiple thousands of single game tickets available to the public for each game that had this ridiculous one price fits all price structure. It worked for a while in the '90s and early 2000s, but people started wising up that it was stupid and attendance started to drop off even though the team was winning championships and consistently being in the top 10.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Can you imagine how much the place would empty out of they tried to do this at Agganis?

Comment

Really, for me at least, I think the Dates are equally important.... or at least to know that the games will be primarially on Friday and Saturday evenings as per usual.
                          The only issue with dates would be if the league has yet to release their master schedule. If they have, then there's really no reason not to. I've been told by people from within BU's athletic department that the reason they don't release until late is because they want to be 100% sure of all dates so they don't have to issue, and reissue the schedule with changes. I see their point there, but at some level, you have to weigh that against asking people to pay lots of money while largely in the dark about what they're paying for, especially for 13-14 with a completely new conference game structure and no guarantee that every HE team will be playing at Agganis. I'd say just give us what you have on June 15, if dates are tentative, make that clear.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Can you imagine how much the place would empty out of they tried to do this at Agganis?
                            I'm not sure the place would necessarily empty out, but most current season ticket holders would probably just ditch those and buy single game tickets since there's what, maybe 1,500 season ticket holders? So 75% of the arena is available for every game? The exhibitions and ECAC games would be barren wastelands, the others probably wouldn't change much.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

It's a different world there. 12K seat arena and all of it besides one section is sold exclusively to season ticket holders at a minimum of $500 a seat and anything in the lower bowl over $1,100.... and there is a waiting list

Ideally I would like BU to take the upcoming PSU approach shown on pages 10 and 11 disregarding the actual prices they used. Put all the students in one endzone and have cheaper tickets in the other end. Make center ice and first row more expensive, because people will pay it.

ETA:
                              there's what, maybe 1,500 season ticket holders?
                              There have been between 3K and 4K season ticket holders every year since HAA opened.

Comment

Has, or will, the Freep ask the AD directly if he is assessing the current state of the team re: the coach's future? I know college hockey aint the MLB but by this time every person in the sox organization would have had some comment on the manager's future. I think it would be helpful to get the AD on the record and force him to start publicly supporting or backing off the coach. Can't let him do the "Sgt. Schultz".
                                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X