Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    exactly!
    Allegedly!!!!!!
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

the monkey "drug mule" is absolutely friggin' hilarious
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

not a hangover 2 fan?
        Haven't seen it yet. Heard it was just 1 again.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
          And he went.And we've heard nothing from him since
          Ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Haven't seen it yet. Heard it was just 1 again.
            too many p3nis shots for my tastes when i saw it the first time, but after the shock it's not so bad.

Comment

so the coach liked the effort. better than last night. and the player innerviewed said the chiefs got all the luck and the bounces.

nothing to worry about then. WHEW!!

"The Terriers spent a lot of time in the penalty box in the game, as they took 14 penalties for 36 minutes Saturday night. However, the penalty kill was relatively successful, only allowing one power-play goal in the game and surviving three separate 5-on-3 situations.

"I don’t think Lowell was diving, but they were already going down and they got called," Parker said. "Penalties have been a concern for us all year long. It has been killing us.""
              -----there is a disconnect here. we need to remove a certain word from someone vocab!
              Last edited by mookie1995; 02-23-2013, 09:47 PM.

Comment

so the coach liked the effort. better than last night. and the player innerviewed said the chiefs got all the luck and the bounces.

nothing to worry about then. WHEW!!

"The Terriers spent a lot of time in the penalty box in the game, as they took 14 penalties for 36 minutes Saturday night. However, the penalty kill was relatively successful, only allowing one power-play goal in the game and surviving three separate 5-on-3 situations.

"I don’t think Lowell was diving, but they were already going down and they got called," Parker said. "Penalties have been a concern for us all year long. It has been killing us.""
                -----there is a disconnect here. we need to remove a certain word from someone vocab!
                I'd be ok with removing the certain someone from that word as well.

Comment

• When a team has 20 more penalty minutes than shots on goal...there's a real problem. 3 shots in the third and he likes the effort? Talk about whistling past the graveyard.
                  Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

"However, the penalty kill was relatively successful, only allowing one power-play goal in the game and surviving three separate 5-on-3 situations."
                    I really don't see this as a positive...fending off multiple 5 on 3s a game isn't going to get you many Ws.

Comment

The effort was better tonight. They just aren't a good team. The freshmen have hit the wall, the team still takes far too many stupid penalties and neither goalie is going to steal you a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                        Honestly, often times when I tell people I have BU season tickets they visibly wince and say something like, "they've been having some real trouble, right?" Anybody else get this?
                        The most common reaction I get is an "oh cool" type of response, but essentially zero interest in college hockey. I pretty much can't even get local hockey (bruins) fans to come to a college game.

Comment

Tom and Bernie (but esp Tom) ripped into Escobedo for that roughing call with about 5 minutes left in the 2nd, when BU was about to get back to even strength. Tom said something along the lines of:

"He makes a good play; good body contact; finishes his check for once; and then punches the guy when he's down on the ice-- right in front of the referee! And now look at him, he talking back to the ref! Unbelieveable!"

Bernie completely agreed with him. They were both reiterating, throughout the game, how the players know the coaching staff isn't going to bench them, because of the lack of depth. Almost made it sound like the players have a real arrogant attitude towards the coaches (not sure if this is the case, or not).

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                            They were both reiterating, throughout the game, how the players know the coaching staff isn't going to bench them, because of the lack of depth. Almost made it sound like the players have a real arrogant attitude towards the coaches (not sure if this is the case, or not).
                            Yep...I mentioned that before. And Tom said "And the ref told him BECAUSE YOU PUNCHED HIM AFTER THE WHISTLE!"

Yes, it's true they have 18 year-olds playing against 24 year-olds. Yes, it's true they have hit the wall. BUT...that's no excuse for what we're seeing. Total lack of discipline and disrespect. Even if the players don't like the coaches, do they think that MAYBE they know a little bit more about hockey than they do??? But again, when you've been treated like a prima donna your entire life because you possess a relatively rare skill, this is what you get. Yes, coaches have to be psychologists today, but as I mentioned last week, if you're not up to it, quit...

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              The most common reaction I get is an "oh cool" type of response, but essentially zero interest in college hockey. I pretty much can't even get local hockey (bruins) fans to come to a college game.
                              Thus, why I say every time people bring up stuff like "Why aren't the games in HD on ESPN, why is it on ESPN 57, etc." I say, IT IS A NICHE SPORT. PERIOD. Get over it. It's not going to change. You grow up liking the sports you can play. In most of the world, you can't play hockey unless A) You have money and can afford ice time at a rink, or B) You live in a very COLD climate where ponds actually freeze. More people watch college lacrosse than hockey. Why? Because you can play it ANYWHERE.

Comment

23rd in the PWR. Short of winning the HE tourney this season is officially a failure.
                                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X