Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2/15/13 - The sky is falling! It ends here (or maybe tomorrow)! SCORES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/15/13 - The sky is falling! It ends here (or maybe tomorrow)! SCORES!!

Posting this way early, but the Asteroid is coming and I don't want to miss posting if NASA made a math error. Also, I'm covering 4 HS playoff games tonight starting @ 4 so it's out the door in 10. If you see somebody in a 98 beige Honda driving like bit fast on the DC Beltway, Rt 50 to/from Annapolis, and the ICC, that's me.

We'll see some degree of closure with the NESCAC tonight and first round action in the NCHA. Belated congratulations to Josh Woody (DeMatha '11) and Plymouth State for clinching the MASCAC title.

All the links and the scores are on most everyone's favorite webb page --> http://d3hockey.com/seasons/men/2012-13/schedule

Tomorrow, grab the popcorn and your favorite beverage for the return of "The Dreaded Minigame"
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 2/15/13 - The sky is falling! It ends here (or maybe tomorrow)! SCORES!!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Posting this way early, but the Asteroid is coming and I don't want to miss posting if NASA made a math error. Also, I'm covering 4 HS playoff games tonight starting @ 4 so it's out the door in 10. If you see somebody in a 98 beige Honda driving like bit fast on the DC Beltway, Rt 50 to/from Annapolis, and the ICC, that's me.

We'll see some degree of closure with the NESCAC tonight and first round action in the NCHA. Belated congratulations to Josh Woody (DeMatha '11) and Plymouth State for clinching the MASCAC title.

All the links and the scores are on most everyone's favorite webb page --> http://d3hockey.com/seasons/men/2012-13/schedule

Tomorrow, grab the popcorn and your favorite beverage for the return of "The Dreaded Minigame"
    And I thought you were in London.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      And I'll make my annual on the record statement -- I love the minigame. And I miss it in the SUNYAC.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        And I'll make my annual on the record statement -- I love the minigame. And I miss it in the SUNYAC.
        Hear, hear. The entertainment value is unquestionable, and multiple games are always fairer than one. It's a shame that the '06 playoffs seemed to sour them on it.
        Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
        A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
        A Handful of ECAC West Championships
        A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
        Some National Championships:
        Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
        Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          I agree. I think planning your post season with the hope that you can make it easy for the team that doesn't win the title to get a second chance bid is silly. I wish the ECAC East had a playoff system like the one that the SUNYAC used to have. (Get rid of the chaff, give byes to the top two, and make each round into a 3 point series) In makes it much more likely that the best team wins the title, and reduces the probability of fluke knockouts like Norwich losing to an 8th seeded UMB team a couple of year ago.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            I agree. I think planning your post season with the hope that you can make it easy for the team that doesn't win the title to get a second chance bid is silly. I wish the ECAC East had a playoff system like the one that the SUNYAC used to have. (Get rid of the chaff, give byes to the top two, and make each round into a 3 point series) In makes it much more likely that the best team wins the title, and reduces the probability of fluke knockouts like Norwich losing to an 8th seeded UMB team a couple of year ago.
            +1

Comment

Count me as one who misses the old SUNYAC Playoff system. I remember the 97-98 Semis when Oswego and Potsdam went to a mini-game with Oswego prevailing in overtime. And of course the 2003 final with Oswego winning the title in the third game after losing the opening game of what was one of the best weekends of Hockey I have ever witnessed.

Comment

Mid-First period at Terry Conner's.

Utica 1
                Manhattanville 0

Goal scored on the Powerplay by Eric Peterson, assists by Evan Chlanda & Justin Hogan.
                Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

End of First period

Manhattanville 0
                  Utica 1

SOG so far:

Utica 15
                  Manhattanville 6
                  Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                  Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                  Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                  2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                  2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

About to go on the air from the Babson Skating Center as Norwich takes on Babson. Tune in on WDEV.
                    WDEV/NSN Color Analyst 2011-2014
                    NSN NU Women's Hockey PBP 2014
                    Follow Me On The Twitter: @Tannerace

2000, 2003, 2010, 2011 (W) National Champions

Comment

Go Cadets, jump on it first and fast. Revenge on ice, served nice.
                      There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

WNYO is ready to broadcast from the top of the bleachers here in Massena!!
                        WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Chris Czarnota gets the start for Norwich, hope the D plays better than they did the last time they played Babson. He is a great goalie when the D help out.

Comment

Anybody else getting the Fast hockey feed for Norwich Babson for free. I am not complaining but.....

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                              Anybody else getting the Fast hockey feed for Norwich Babson for free. I am not complaining but.....
                              I was just going to tell everybody exactly the same thing.

I'm synching George and Tanner on the audio
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X